No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +6.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Awesome Idea
 Author Awesome Idea
Walrus of Apathy
Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2007-01-13 18:17   
I just thought of the most awesome idea EVAR.

Instead of having prebuilt "stock" ships i think we could try things another way.

In the what is now the ship selection screen i think what players should do is pick a hull class. then they would be able to put weapons,componants and/or other things where they want onto the selected hull class. the amount of things and selectable hull types would increase with rank. For example, a Midshipmen could only get a scout with 2 weapons and 2 componants and only ion engines while an ensign could get the same scout with 4 weapons and 3 componants and ion engines. the ensign could also get a frig hull class with 3 weapons and 3 componants. But at 2nd Lt. they would only get a frig increase of weapons and componants becuase the scout can only have so much stuff on it. also where they place the weapon affects where it can shoot. Anothe idea is that the hulls already have set locations , the player just selects what device/weapon goes there on the hull. also there would be only so much of a type of weapon they would be able to put on a hull class.(no scouts with 4 torps)

This could cut down on people complaining that the ships don't have any of a certian type of weapon on a any certian part of the ship. It would be thier own fault now. Of course the ships you design would go to your Garage

Email Walrus of Apathy
Leonide
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2007-01-13 19:33   
i like this idea.... an Admiral with Dreadnought hull has about....15-25 weapons available and 4-6 components, based on how high the dreadnought ranks you are. for example, a VA would have about 20 weapons (including fighterbays), so he can put cannons, torpedoes, and fighters. with 4 components, he can have all aux gens, or all ECM. the technology would be Faction-specific, of course. Beastkiller, try making a guidline for all the ship hull classes. mine is just an example, though. i would love it if we had that type of modding system...full flexibility with balancing for the factions. want a lazer type ship? just mod with lazers....same for cannons, and torps. and instead of this idea being shot down (JACK!), how about we try to impliment it in future patches, beyond. 484?

[ This Message was edited by: leonide*FM* on 2007-01-13 19:33 ]

captain of the ICC Assault Cruiser C.S.S. Sledgehammer

Email Leonide
Zepher
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2007-01-14 01:25   
wow leo your expecting Jack to say something other than praise at an actually good idea.

Email Zepher
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2007-01-14 13:24   
It'd be no different from modding outside a planet, and it doesn't really add anything to the game. There are many, many, many things that can improve the game much more than this such thing, and I would expect those to be implimented first.

There's nothing wrong with the current system (in my eyes). You undock, mod, and that's it. All this would be doing is the exact same thing, only you mod, then undock. The same fitting restrictions would have to apply, as would everything else.

Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2007-01-15 13:13   
Quote:

On 2007-01-14 13:24, BackSlash *Jack* wrote:
It'd be no different from modding outside a planet, and it doesn't really add anything to the game. There are many, many, many things that can improve the game much more than this such thing, and I would expect those to be implimented first.

He did say for after the next patch you know

µOmniVore
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2007-01-15 16:32   
That is a great idea and would allow players to have varing ships based on Rank instead of limited by design i could see this ingame and used, it could be tweaked a litle but all in all its a Great idea

Email µOmniVore
Page created in 0.009912 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR