No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +6.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » how can i help withe the development of dark space?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author how can i help withe the development of dark space?
DarkSpin
Captain
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2006-12-19 00:30   
i want to know what i can do to help with the development of the game...

(' o ') - Website: DIAU.NET

Email DarkSpin   Goto the website of DarkSpin
Durlan Katz
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-12-19 00:48   
Quote:

On 2006-12-19 00:30, darkspen wrote:
i want to know what i can do to help with the development of the game...

Keep on subbing

Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2006-12-19 01:03   
Bout all you can do is Subscribe, or you can show your creditintials in the field of Game Development. One of those two I think.

Email Supertrooper
Rae
Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2006-12-19 01:32   
aww come on people... by all means sub dark, but lets shoot for the stars here.. anyone got a spare $30k or so for a new darkspace server?

warner_lowcharge
Admiral

Posted: 2006-12-19 01:54   
And while you're at it, why not find a dev team and funding for DarkSpace 2 with graphics to compete with eve?

Would help alot more in the long run....

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2006-12-19 02:09   
and then after you take care off all that come up with an advertising compain to attract new players. if you can do that and you will help ds. if not keep subbing

Email Borgie
Drafell
Grand Admiral
Mythica

Posted: 2006-12-19 03:02   
There is a lot players can do to help with the development of DS, apart from idea's/concept design.

Most of it woudl be mroe realted to the realm of publicity as opposed to actual development. For instance, you could create a website about DS (maybe one specifically for DS fanfiction). you may not get a great deal of traffic, but the key here is linking to the DarkSpace site. You can also mention it causually in game related forums (IE including a link to DS in your signatures).

As for what you can do for the actual game... We are always looking for good modellers or sound architects. Both of these roles require a fair degree of skill in the relevant field.

For modelling I would suggest starting out with Blender. It can be a little complex to learn at first, but once you get used to using the program you wil lsee just how flexible it is.

Goto the website of Drafell
Legatus Immolation
Marshal

Posted: 2006-12-19 03:56   
we cant advertise for a broken and slightly boring- short term game tho?
our ship designs are fine, the graphics are fine, the light isnt so good but we can deal with it.
Its the implementation of the game that will bring it up the next patch shld remove a good percent of bugs. So all we need now is a dam exciting game to come out of it and stop the lag. Have ships more permanent by making ur own ship get experience and go up Stages, like scouts have stages 1-2, frigs 1-3, destroyers 1-4, cruisers 1-5 Dreads 1-6 and stations 1-8
each stage has a name. and with each stage u get new options available to you, like choice to upgrade ur manouverability/speed/Armour/energy, and out of those choices the weapon aspect, Long range or short range?

just a small idea i dont kno something to go by u kno just anything to get this game more interesting , id do anything to see this game just get implemented correctly to make it more Long term, instead of being repetitive it currently is. maybe a system siege every friday where each faction is given an objective in the one system, like defend this cluster of planets for a certain amount of time against other factions such as ICC an UGTO, or all 3 factions team up and defend it against mir? maybe even have the objective to whipe out the mir threat where the NExus 14 is building Mir drones just off the centre of tripwik and must be eliminated imediatly.
u get what im goin at? somethin thats planned and or implemented, get this game up.

Smartin
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-12-19 05:55   
Quote:

On 2006-12-19 03:56, Airwolf (OMW to Canada!) wrote:
we cant advertise for a broken and slightly boring- short term game tho?
our ship designs are fine, the graphics are fine, the light isnt so good but we can deal with it.
Its the implementation of the game that will bring it up the next patch shld remove a good percent of bugs. So all we need now is a dam exciting game to come out of it and stop the lag. Have ships more permanent by making ur own ship get experience and go up Stages, like scouts have stages 1-2, frigs 1-3, destroyers 1-4, cruisers 1-5 Dreads 1-6 and stations 1-8
each stage has a name. and with each stage u get new options available to you, like choice to upgrade ur manouverability/speed/Armour/energy, and out of those choices the weapon aspect, Long range or short range?

just a small idea i dont kno something to go by u kno just anything to get this game more interesting , id do anything to see this game just get implemented correctly to make it more Long term, instead of being repetitive it currently is. maybe a system siege every friday where each faction is given an objective in the one system, like defend this cluster of planets for a certain amount of time against other factions such as ICC an UGTO, or all 3 factions team up and defend it against mir? maybe even have the objective to whipe out the mir threat where the NExus 14 is building Mir drones just off the centre of tripwik and must be eliminated imediatly.
u get what im goin at? somethin thats planned and or implemented, get this game up.

1.Stop being so negative. I am sick of hearing you whine about how the game is so boaring.It's not boaring to everyone else so can it.
2.The leveling idea is so vaguly familar to another space game...do i really need to say it.
3.Sytem seiges are already happening. You just need to be in the MV.

DarkSpace Community Website

Email Smartin
Legatus Immolation
Marshal

Posted: 2006-12-19 06:11   
hardly being negative just pointing out the obvious, and if u hadnt noticed darkspace isnt all so popular dont u think?
its just an idea i came up on the spot lol i cld go into MUCH more detail but why bother when the devs arent looking for any implementing ideas?
and the sieges yes i know they are happening, but all i usually do hear is ''aww i wish i was there, and how where we ment to know it was happening'' lol letting people know this kinda stuff happens is a BIG advantage, i dno what u think but looking at simalaritys in succesfull games gives u idea about ur own game, hence succesfull game > Darkspace.
all im Basicly tryna say is, i want, and im sure a few other people do, is for darkspace to get popular and more enjoyable than it currently is and to do so its gona need to start looking at the competetion and implement simaralitys but not actually copying another game, like Example RF online has a Battle zone every saterday, Rappelz has a Skell army invade, World of Warcraft has battlegrounds. You see? something SIMILAR to darkspace wld yet again improve its entertainment,
im dont know exactly how everyone sees it or that some people think that this current game is excellent completely fun, breath taking a true MMO and they dnt want it changed, but yet again changing it for the better brings in more people, and more people increases Faustus's wage slip and gives him more options. you see?

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-12-19 06:38   
when bombing becomes less important than combat people will start to sub again

Email GothThug {C?}
Drafell
Grand Admiral
Mythica

Posted: 2006-12-19 07:36   
Airwolf, so far none of your idea's fit in with the design concept for DarkSpace, and we don't really need new idea's unless they are a vastly superior (IE much more simple and intuitive) way of doing something that is already ingame. They might be great for a new space-based MMO, but are not quite right for DarkSpace.
Keep on coming up with the idea's and posting them in Beta, although I would suggest that you are going in the wrong direction with what you are currently trying to suggest.

As an example of simpler but better, look at the way we are implementing the new modding system. No more having to build the items and then buy them, and then refitting them from cargo. Instead you only need to orbit a friendly planet with sufficent technology and right click the device to choose something to swap with. For a new player this is a much easier concept to grasp and directs the action towards the 'fun' gameplay, which is primarily combat.

In addition to this, when you die in a ship, it is no longer lost, but instead placed into your garage with 5% hull and full systems damage.

We have many more such idea's and concepts for the future design. What we lack are experienced programmers, professional modellers and sound engineers - actual content, not theory. Unfortunately DS does't have the income to hire them and so has to do as best as it can with contributed work.

You can also contribute fiction. Write a short story about something in DarkSpace. for the players this may not sound like it it helping with development, but the plotline is something that can always be improved upon. If anyone needs help in keeping articles are fictive works consitent with the DS storyline then feel free to PM me via the forums, or even talk to me (or another member of the development Staff) about it in the Lobby,
The community iteself also knows a great deal about events etc., some of which haven't been pulbished into the official fiction as of yet.

if you can create an immersive enough universe for the playerbase, they can often be a lot more forgiving of game 'quirks'. It also allows the DarkSpace team to explore other avenues of publicity for the game.

-Draf.

[ This Message was edited by: DrafElf on 2006-12-19 07:38 ]

Goto the website of Drafell
icansee
Cadet

Posted: 2006-12-19 08:20   
goth put the cat back in the bag JUST ONCE

Reeves-81
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2006-12-19 08:24   
Quote:

On 2006-12-19 06:11, Airwolf (OMW to Canada!) wrote:
hardly being negative just pointing out the obvious, and if u hadnt noticed darkspace isnt all so popular dont u think?
its just an idea i came up on the spot lol i cld go into MUCH more detail but why bother when the devs arent looking for any implementing ideas?
and the sieges yes i know they are happening, but all i usually do hear is ''aww i wish i was there, and how where we ment to know it was happening'' lol letting people know this kinda stuff happens is a BIG advantage, i dno what u think but looking at simalaritys in succesfull games gives u idea about ur own game, hence succesfull game > Darkspace.
all im Basicly tryna say is, i want, and im sure a few other people do, is for darkspace to get popular and more enjoyable than it currently is and to do so its gona need to start looking at the competetion and implement simaralitys but not actually copying another game, like Example RF online has a Battle zone every saterday, Rappelz has a Skell army invade, World of Warcraft has battlegrounds. You see? something SIMILAR to darkspace wld yet again improve its entertainment,
im dont know exactly how everyone sees it or that some people think that this current game is excellent completely fun, breath taking a true MMO and they dnt want it changed, but yet again changing it for the better brings in more people, and more people increases Faustus's wage slip and gives him more options. you see?

Hit The Nail On The Head.
but nobody here seems to be able to take constructive critisism. They all seem to take it as a personal attack, If you point out a problem somebody just decides to start a flaming war.
As far as making a new patch goes, it costs him nothing, but he just wont sit down and commit himself to making it, "you should be able to put out a patch for a game this size and complexity within a month max, two months if you want to beta test it." It only takes one person to do it.
I started modifying some models in Max, but then realized that there was little point unless a patch is released.
Common sense in the DS community seems to be lacking lately.
Some day maybe it'll be fixed until then, I will remain unsubbed.
Money to keep the servers up has nothing to do with writing a patch, people don't seem to realize this.
L8r Airwolf
Dr. Gonzo™

[ This Message was edited by: Dr. Gonzo (I Am the Doctor) on 2006-12-19 08:24 ]

\"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.\"
--Thomas Jefferson

Etamista
Cadet

Posted: 2006-12-19 08:53   
the problem is not the graphics, the problem is we dont have enough players.s maybe we should start an advertising campaign, bring darkspace popularity back up. other wise, eve is going to destroy ds.

Email Etamista
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.027634 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR