No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +1.0 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Beta Testing Discussion » » Grouping comming back?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Grouping comming back?
Smartin
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-12-12 11:22   
Hey hey,
Was a bit courious as of lately, will their be grouping in 484? Grouping meaning people in the same fleet and in the same system will share all prestige earned evenly throughout the fleet. I know a while back their had been some talks of it and I checked the dev log but wasn't able to find any info on it. Was just courious if it was something the Devs/Admins were planning on implementing in 484 or holding off till a latar patch?

I would really like to see this happen sooner or latar. No only will it help with people who are in lets say a dictor, or a point defense ship still earn some prestige. Would also encourage people to join fleets and fly together.

Thoughts?

DarkSpace Community Website

Email Smartin
Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2006-12-12 15:02   
From the veeery few Dev meetings that had been held, .484 should bring back grouping..

Email Supertrooper
Legatus Immolation
Marshal

Posted: 2006-12-12 22:25   
i completely agreee.
Edit: Darkspace probably too lazy to even implement this idea, lookin at Swiss's idea on beaconing planets to display info (to illiminate 1 man bombers and how new rank gets u better spy gear and such) its what will make the game BETTER. but its never gona happen, small things always happen like bring out a new ship or 2, add lvls to weapons or core weapons, then balance it all in the next patch. i mean no offence but this game is heading down, we pay our money for it and nothing good comes out of it while we see brand new Galaxys added to EVE and a brand new Outland added to world of warcraft, a brand new PVP system, new honour system the Shibang. This is a good game buts its boring, nothings happening nothing will happen that will keep amusement for anymore than a month or 2, removing core weapons? removing things that actually go boom and cause damage, instead we have these torpedos and particles cannons how exciting, keep em for another 4 patches, Jeez wake up n smell the coffee, i wish i could do something to help but we all try our best with ideas and such dont we? its a real shame and annoyence.

R.I.P. Darkspace.

[ This Message was edited by: Airwolf (OMW To canada!) on 2006-12-12 22:32 ]

JRE
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-12-13 04:17   
grouping requires more than 1 player and that is unheard of in the late times of DS....yes Im disgruntled and tired of loggin in wanting to play with other than myself......

Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2006-12-13 08:20   
shut up airwolf

Legatus Immolation
Marshal

Posted: 2006-12-13 10:57   
Quote:

On 2006-12-13 08:20, Sixkiller wrote:
shut up airwolf

quote of the year, congratts six killer.
what an idiot lol, i was making a point a decent reply : i disagree with you airwolf.

now thats being social.

Sixkiller
Marshal

Posted: 2006-12-13 15:15   
the only point you made is that you want core weapons to stay another 4 patches.

Legatus Immolation
Marshal

Posted: 2006-12-13 17:05   
no the proper point was everything enjoyable is gettin taken away, and were given bombing and repairing and building as means of gaining prestige, Have NPC's to shoot, had missions, have bountys HAVE SOMETHING worth doing in this game. Its boring, same ?%$$#&@# everyday u see? It doesnt help when everythings going so slow, really the only thing that can happen now is after this balance patch the next patch u have to completely change the outlook of the game to bring in more players, have exciting things to do to increase the playerbase and bring in some money to start kicking this game up, instead of changing one or 2 things or its simple sixkiller, we can say goodbye to this game. I like the game, and i love the community more, if it wasnt for the communtiy i wouldnt bother coming into the lobby or the game for that matter, but its gota change DS has to be Entertainment and not boring.
do u see even the slight point im making?

Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2006-12-13 18:14   
Both of you shut up.

Now, I see no reason to not implement this.

Email Supertrooper
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-12-14 07:24   
Indeed, both of your shut your traps. This if for beta discussion, not flamewar discussion. If you want me to see if an admin can remove your posting rights, because you're not using the beta forums correctly, then that's fine, continue with your petty fight.

@Airwolf, just because you do not see everything that goes on, does not mean that nothing is going on. If you want to pout, and make boo-boo beause your idea got turned down, then carry on, you'll get no-where fast doing it though. If you want to talk about un-related things, go do it in Soap Box, this is not the place.

If EITHER of you two carry on this fight here, I will ask an admin to do something to make you stop. Developers do not enjoy reading un-formatted paragraphs to find that it had nothing to do with anything related to beta, of the furtherment of this game.

@Smartin, grouping will be coming back, although we'll be revising the system so that fleets automaticly get grouped.

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash *Jack* on 2006-12-14 07:26 ]

Legatus Immolation
Marshal

Posted: 2006-12-14 11:01   
I said this alot of times i honestly dont care if my previous ideas wherent used and i stated i would be VERY surprised if they were. An im not saying ur not doing anything behind the scenes, ive see lots of topics complain where players say DS isnt movin quick enuff no devs are working, and ur replys jack, i KNOW ur doing somethiing. But its the kind of something that will spark the game back up this is what im tryna say bring back the spark to DS bring back its life cause atm its goin no were fast and were at a bare minimum playerbase. I just wanna kno if the spark is coming back, and if it isnt well as i said before R.I.P. DS

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-12-14 14:19   
You are making no sense. There doesn't need to be any spark, we're already working on it, and you do not need to do anything.

Light-of-Aurora
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-12-14 17:35   
I think we should cut the Dev deam some slack, I'm sure they're working as hard as is reasonable.

After all, they're volunteer employees (?)
They've done a great job so far, you can't expect them to pump out changes every week.

Email Light-of-Aurora
Legatus Immolation
Marshal

Posted: 2006-12-15 01:28   
ofc the dev team is working as hard as they can, theres no doubt about it and im not saying either way, all im saying is its Boring the game, its a unique one but a bad unique one hence at the boootoom of the stagess that start the game ARE players. You need players to basicly enjoy the fun aspect of the game, everything else is boring. Rappelz brand new game just came out amonth ago, Totally 100% free and they have well over a few hundred players all ready and 4 servers. its just populated, and u kno why? because there are NPC quests missions and such.

If this game had NPC's implemented properly, had missions involved then Dam this game would actually go somewere, dont underestimate NPC's cause they are what makes u start the game when theres no original players,

Sixkiller
Marshal

Posted: 2006-12-15 02:28   
your talking about an entire different genre tough

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.046346 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR