No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +6.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Faction Swapping Time (1-2 + Hours)
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Faction Swapping Time (1-2 + Hours)
[2006] - Codex09
Admiral

Posted: 2006-12-08 09:42   

Well seeing there has been problems with people doing things to other factions like turning Defences off and scrapping things, maybe it would be a good idea if a player is locked into a faction for at least 1 - 2 hours if he/she changes factions.

After that time has passed the player can then swap to another faction if they want to but if they do once again the 1-2 hour lockin to that faction.

Whether it will completely stop the problems I dont know but I think it might be a move in the right direction.

Smartin
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-12-09 05:45   
I am not sure if the devs have said anything on this yet, but I say 2 hrs is to little. Let's make it a day. Once you switch over to a new faction you are locked in for at least a day. Not as harsh as a week, but still enought to keep someone from just hoping for the fun of it.

DarkSpace Community Website

Email Smartin
Drafell
Grand Admiral
Mythica

Posted: 2006-12-09 06:41   
It will not do anything to fix the problem, as most offenders use a clone account.

Goto the website of Drafell
Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2006-12-09 19:32   
Quote:

On 2006-12-09 06:41, DrafElf wrote:
It will not do anything to fix the problem, as most offenders use a clone account.

I know it's possible to track people by their individual machine - why not lock all accounts of one machine to a certain side? Unless otherwise asked by a member (IE: two people use the same machine).

Binks
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2006-12-14 21:48   
Uhh...what about us people who are error prone? I often click ICC when I mean to click UGTO, it's probably not a big issue right now but with a 2 hour - 1 day time it wouldn't be pretty.

If something like this was ever implemented I'd recommend a double strike policy, when you choose a faction in the MV the system makes a mark that says you chose one. The mark fades after, say, 24hours or so but if you choose another faction before the mark has faded you get locked for a day or something.

Sure, it won't stop the clone accounters, but it will stop those who don't use it.

Just my .02 cents

Powered by Stormtroopers and Red Shirts

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2006-12-15 20:48   
Quote:

On 2006-12-14 21:48, Binks wrote:
Uhh...what about us people who are error prone? I often click ICC when I mean to click UGTO, it's probably not a big issue right now but with a 2 hour - 1 day time it wouldn't be pretty.

That is a good problem to raise. I orginally was going to say "when you spawn a ship, it locks it'......however, that still gives you sensor access to that fleet - perhaps if their was a "R US HURE?!?!" pop-up. Or just space them out more -.-

A Troll =SSC=
Cadet

Posted: 2007-01-06 19:03   
1-2 hours way too light.how about 12 hours once you log into one faction the timer starts.Would be very secure and pretty reasonable.

Email A Troll =SSC=
Zepher
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2007-01-14 01:28   
Quote:

On 2006-12-09 19:32, &Fattierob (Chargin my hex address) wrote:
Quote:

I know it's possible to track people by their individual machine - why not lock all accounts of one machine to a certain side? Unless otherwise asked by a member (IE: two people use the same machine).

what about the really nierdy people who are looking at two computers at their desk?

Email Zepher
doda *EP5 no longer exception...*
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2007-01-14 11:46   
Quote:

On 2006-12-09 19:32, &Fattierob (Chargin my hex address) wrote:
Quote:

what about people that share computers.

-Daedalus-
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2007-01-25 16:56   
If you do this people will start making 2-3 accounts to bypass this.

Some people go faction to faction depending on who has the better battle going on.

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2007-01-26 05:15   
Interesting points raised all around - maybe we can actually sanction faction swapping.

Check it out: Let's say we're on UGTO, not in a clan. (If in you're in a clan, you'd have to leave) For whatever reason, we're tired of UGTO - their hulls stink like old mother's cheese, maybe.. We want to go ICC for a while, check it out.

in short, we want to defect.

And that should be an option on every side exactly called that. Know how you join the metaverse, fleetless, and you can "choose" which side to be on? (ICC, UGTO, K'luth) and then a unchoosable list of "Fleets" Came up (UGTO-GTN, for example). What if one of those were UGTO-"ICC Defectors", UGTO-"K'luth Defectors", etc.

This "defectors" fleet would have certain disadvantages to actually being in that faction: Can't modify planets, and whatever else we throw at them. Perhaps after x number of days, they can become a full-fledged member of the faction

Pros:

a) People are allowed to swap as they please, and keeps it "realistic" in game terms

Cons:

a) Takes code, and I think it's not possible as to how the current factionID system works.

Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2007-01-26 08:09   
still allows alternate accounts fattie

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2007-01-26 09:50   
Could have a Defector faction allied with the normal factions right now.. only thing would be that it wouldn't have any restrictions.

But I even think a prestige penalty would be in line with defecting.. say 10k or 10%, whichever is less, for the first 24 hours.. and it compounds for each change. So I can be UGTO and swap to ICC, but I'll lose 2.1k Prestige for a day while I'm there (well, effectively; it'll be there, just won't be counted). Then I decide ICC suck, so I go Kluth an hour later.. I'm down 4.2k. Then I decide UGTO was really where its at, so I head back over and now have an effective 14k prestige, or so.

This doesn't affect me overly, but it is sort of a trustworthy check: you're a defector, a potential traitor, so the new faction won't give you full status and trust as if you'd grown up there.

(I was going to say a rank, but that could get expensive.. plus I swap a bit as staff and wouldn't want to be an Ensign after dealing with three reports.. )

Email Shigernafy
Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2007-01-26 15:09   
Quote:

On 2007-01-26 08:09, Sixkiller wrote:
still allows alternate accounts fattie

you can't stop that. at least i'm trying.

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2007-01-29 14:18   
Sounds good to me Shig, providing your prestige returns to normal once you become a full fledged memeber of the faction you wish to join.

-Ent

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.020198 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR