No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +5.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

15th - Rise

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » zap!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author zap!
Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-12-04 22:38   
reposted from another forun

Quote:

Pocket Taser Stun Gun - A Great Gift For The Wife (submitted by a guy who purchased his ever lovin' a "pocket taser" for their anniversary)

Last weekend I saw something at Larry's Pistol &Pawn Shop that sparked my interest. The occasion was our 22nd anniversary &I was looking for a little something extra for my wife, Toni. What I came across was a 100,000-volt, pocket/purse-sized taser. The effects of the taser were suppose to be short lived, with no long-term adverse affect on your assailant, allowing her adequate time to retreat to safety...WAY TOO COOL!

Long story short, I bought the device & brought it home. I loaded two AAA batteries in the darn thing &pushed the button. Nothing! I was disappointed. I learned, however, that if I pushed the button & pressed it against a metal surface at the same time; I'd get the blue arch of electricity darting back &forth between the prongs. Awesome!!! Unfortunately, I have yet to explain to Toni what that burn spot is on the face of her microwave.

Okay, so I was home alone with this new toy, thinking to myself that it couldn't be all that bad with only two AAA batteries, right???

There I sat in my recliner, my cat Gracie looking on intently (trusting little soul) while I was reading the directions &thinking that I really needed to try this thing out on a flesh & blood moving target. I must admit I thought about zapping Gracie (for a fraction of a second) & thought better of it. She is such a sweet cat. But, if I was going to give this thing to my wife to protect herself against a mugger, I did want some assurance that it would work as advertised. Am I wrong?

So, there I sat in a pair of shorts & a tank top with my reading glasses perched delicately on the bridge of my nose, directions in one hand, taser in another. The directions said that a 1-sec burst would shock & disorient your assailant; a 2-sec burst was supposed to cause muscle spasms & a major loss of bodily control; a 3-sec burst would purportedly make your assailant flop on the ground like a fish out of water. Any burst longer than 3 seconds would be wasting the batteries.

All the while I'm looking at this little device measuring about 5" long, less than ¾” in circumference; pretty cute really & loaded with 2 itsy, bitsy AAA batteries thinking to myself, "no possible way!"

What happened next is almost beyond description, but I'll do my best...

I'm sitting there alone, Gracie looking on with her head cocked to one side as to say, "don't do it master," reasoning that a 1-sec burst from such a tiny little ole thing couldn't hurt all that bad. I decided to give myself a 1-sec burst just for the heck of it. I touched the prongs to my naked thigh, pushed the button, & HOLY MOTHER, WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION@!@$$!%!@*!!!

I'm pretty sure Jessie Ventura ran in through the side door, picked me up in the recliner, then body slammed us both on the carpet, over & over & over again. I vaguely recall waking up on my side in the fetal position, with tears in my eyes, body soaking wet, both nipples on fire, testicles nowhere to be found, with my left arm tucked under my body in the oddest position & tingling in my legs. The cat was standing over me making meowing sounds I had never heard before, licking my face, undoubtedly thinking to herself, "do it again, do it again!"

Note: If you ever feel compelled to "mug" yourself with a taser, one note of caution: there is no such thing as a 1-sec burst when you zap yourself. You will not let go of that thing until it is dislodged from your hand by a violent thrashing about on the floor. A 3-sec burst would be considered conservative.

SON-OF-A-...that hurt like hell!!! A minute or so later (I can't be sure, as time was a relative thing at that point), collected my wits (what little I had left), sat up & surveyed the landscape. My bent reading glasses were on the mantel of the fireplace. How did they get up get there? My triceps, right thigh & both nipples were still twitching. My face felt like it had been shot up with Novocain & my bottom lip weighed 88 lbs. I'm still looking for my testicles? I'm offering a significant reward for their safe return.

Still in shock, Tommy
from an email from a friend etc...

[ This Message was edited by: Doran on 2006-12-04 22:44 ]

-RevenG-

Raven Warriors

Posted: 2006-12-04 23:13   
Oh..my. That hurt. ahahahaha

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2006-12-04 23:35   
lol i would of shocked the cat

Email Borgie
Ship-Of-Fools
2nd Rear Admiral
Angry Mob

Posted: 2006-12-05 04:05   
If u want to prevent violation, my rec.
is a North Americans arms Revolver

is a .22 pistol, that is easy to carry , and conceal, (make sure u have proper permits

I have several models, my Fav is is the belt buckle model ( is a firearm mounted in your belt buckle) to the pocket knife model ( looks, and acts like a pocket knife)

bear in mind that u can harm , or kill someone with this weapon
but..........I large part of their purpose is to be discharged in the Direction, of a perp

this may sound silly, but a firearm discharge ENDS ALL ARGUEMENTS
a .22 will not stop a perp, but the sound of one firing almost always does

I personally think u should back this up with a .45 side arm, and a .40 backup...but thats just me

Durlan Katz
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-12-05 04:12   
Quote:

On 2006-12-05 04:05, Ship-Of-Fools(Kinda Recruiting...) wrote:
I personally think u should back this up with a .45 side arm, and a .40 backup...but thats just me

Think that will do?

I'd prefer to back my .22 with an assaultrifle/bazooka/bb-gun combo.

not forgetting a swiss armyknife

Ship-Of-Fools
2nd Rear Admiral
Angry Mob

Posted: 2006-12-05 04:30   
Durlan, I tend to agree, but those arms are hard to conceal,
I only carry 3 firearms, on a dayly basis

a .45
a 9mm
Both compact

and a .22 Mag revolver(as mentioned)

in time, carrying these becomes habit,(it did me years ago)

it is important to take coarses in the use of these weapons, and maintain current permitts for carrying them

after fire arms, I carry a common pocket knife
and one combat knife

once again, it is best to dispose of a knife, if u dont know how to use it, as in most cases, an untrained person has their Own knife used against them (this includes firearms, if u dont know how to use, dont carry)

if u so choose
cooperate with all things, in situation, and u will most likely come out alive

[ This Message was edited by: Ship-Of-Fools(Kinda Recruiting...) on 2006-12-05 04:36 ]

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-12-05 06:43   
No wonder everyone thinks you lot are crazy.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU AND GUNS?!

Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2006-12-05 07:33   
agreed
learn how to fight you noobs, if i get a wooden stick in my hands, i feel safe!
for the rest, go buy pepperspray (thats a lot easyer to get in the US i guess, i tried to get it in the netherlands but failed)

Durlan Katz
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-12-05 08:11   
Umm...i was trying to be sarcastic, seems i failed.

If you need guns when going out , there's something wrong with your town.

would have thought the bb-gun spoke on behalf of sarcasm

-RevenG-

Raven Warriors

Posted: 2006-12-05 10:54   
Heh, I'd take a gun with me into town also. If you have ever been to LA, you would know it's wise.

Light-of-Aurora
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-12-05 17:26   
Hmm... Tasers are sick!
D:

Email Light-of-Aurora
Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2006-12-05 19:44   
Basic course in Electrical currents for the win!

doda *EP5 no longer exception...*
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-12-05 23:32   
lol what a bright person

Ship-Of-Fools
2nd Rear Admiral
Angry Mob

Posted: 2006-12-06 05:59   
I tend to agree with Durlan, almost no one really needs a gun on a daily basis, but I feel the same way about pepper spray, and tasers or tazers, or what ever they are

if u have a real need for self defence, take it seriouly

for the most part, guns have only one place, and thats the firing range on weekends,

Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2006-12-06 07:31   

[ This Message was edited by: Sixkiller on 2006-12-06 08:26 ]

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.028762 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR