Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Fan Fiction » » {News Report} UGTO (27-11-06)
 Author {News Report} UGTO (27-11-06)
Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2006-11-27 10:32   
Yesterday there has been another invasion of the MIR Legion, this time aimed at Ross 1.
Several UGTO ships engaged this Legion Cruiser, however after a while a massive group of Gaifen and Entities joined the MIR cruiser. After a distress call an UGTO armada, just recovered from fighting an ICC force, joined the battle and quickly destroyed the Gaifen and the Entities. After almost 30 minutes the UGTO armada managed to force the Legion Cruiser to retreat, with the help from defense bases of Ross 1.

Several hours after the fight Grand Chancellor Mato gave a pres-meeting about the continuing threat and how the UGTO would respond to this.
With direct entrance, all pilots have been called back to their posts. All UGTO fleets have been put on status Fire Red. Research on how the MIR and entities manage to communicate with each other is still on-going.

This morning Vice Chancellor Kitashiro announced a huge change in the Research and Development department and the Production department.
The budget for production has been drastically cut. From now on, there will only be ships repaired or replaced. No new fleets are to be formed. Kitashiro said: “Because our current ships seem to have close to no effect against the MIR ships, we no longer feel it needed to produce more ships. Our defense against the MIR Legion can not come from our numbers any longer. Instead of expending our forces, we need to increase their efficiency. That is why I have quadrupled the budget of R&D. The money required from this mostly comes from the fact that we will lower our ship production. However this was not entirely able to cover the costs, therefore we have been forced to double the taxes for this month.”

We have been able to gain inside information from R&D to find out what their current projects are. Engineers are pretty close to finding a tractor beam that is efficient for MIR ships, they are however still struggling with size and energy issues. Because the MIR are pretty close to invulnerable because of their speed, engineers are working on a device that is able to shut down the targets engines instantly. Unfortunately our source wouldn’t reveal anything about the state of this project.

opinions are welcome

Durlan Katz
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-11-27 10:46   
Quote:

On 2006-11-27 10:32, Sixkiller wrote:

This morning Vice Chancellor Kitashiro announced.....
...We have been able to gain inside information from R&D to find out what their current projects are.

Sounds a bit weird coming from a vice chancellor, ´would think he had all the info about ongoing projects without having to "be able to gain inside information"....after all, isn't he a part of the "inside"?

[ This Message was edited by: Durlan Katz on 2006-11-27 10:46 ]

Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2006-11-27 11:19   
We=whoever gathers news, Mato ofcourse wouldnt dare to release inside information

*COMMANDERHAWK*
Chief Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2006-11-27 11:30   
hmmm gafin, entities, qst target pratice all the same to me (-_-)

plan B : take someone with you

Email *COMMANDERHAWK*
Durlan Katz
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-11-27 11:55   
Quote:

On 2006-11-27 11:19, Sixkiller wrote:
We=whoever gathers news, Mato ofcourse wouldnt dare to release inside information

Right, missed that the quote ended before that part

and just had to make fun of mato, witch means worm in finnish:P

Tbone
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-11-27 15:15   
I think a lot of people are going to be surprised at what the setups on MIR ships actually are.

Email Tbone
Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2006-11-27 17:08   
A noted ICC Grand Admiral was quoted as saying "Humph, silly ugies... just ion it a few dozen times!"

ICC Security Council Chief Enforcer

Email Coeus   Goto the website of Coeus
Page created in 0.018597 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR