Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Tortuga and Legion base are offlimits....
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author Tortuga and Legion base are offlimits....
GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-11-23 23:43   
this sums it up 11:22:55 [FS]White Radar: "I mirved Tortuga 2 weeks ago"

Email GothThug {C?}
Legatus Immolation
Marshal

Posted: 2006-11-23 23:44   
had to be an FS didnt it?

-RevenG-

Raven Warriors

Posted: 2006-11-23 23:52   
What part of no don't you understand? The N or the O? Seriously guys, do as the staff say. It shouldn't be all that hard to...gasp...not go to a planet that has been put offlinits.

Reeves-81
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2006-11-24 00:30   
Silly Admins, put a safe zone around them and that would be that. Am I wrong? Or a simple change to the code "whatever is used for collision detection/Planet damage" to nullify effects. "But personaly I belive the safe zone would be quicker and easier since they've already written the code for that." I know how easy it would be to do.

\"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.\"
--Thomas Jefferson

-RevenG-

Raven Warriors

Posted: 2006-11-24 01:02   
Admins shouldn't have to do that. People should respect and follow the offlimits rule that the staff made.

JackCrackerMan
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2006-11-24 03:42   
I'm not arguing with the rule, I just want to know why!!! WHY should we not attack their home system(planets)?

Email JackCrackerMan
Fatal Rocko Willis
Fleet Admiral
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2006-11-24 04:37   
Quote:

On 2006-11-23 17:19, Airwolf wrote:
What exactly do the Doomslingers do and fire n shtuff.

Well a Standard Doom Slinger Defence Base, as was told to me by Shiggy, can pretty much trash a frigate and below by itself... and to think the Legion Base has like 20+ of the evil things.

Now Tortunga has them as well, just renamed to sound Pirate like... I can say one thing... I pitty the fool who thinks he can better those Defnce Bases...

As to the specific weapons employed on Doom Slingers/Rusty Cannons... well folks that is a closely guarded secret....

Email Fatal Rocko Willis
Axianda The Royal
Fleet Admiral
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2006-11-24 05:47   
Quote:

On 2006-11-24 03:42, Cracker Jack Man wrote:
I'm not arguing with the rule, I just want to know why!!! WHY should we not attack their home system(planets)?

any other faction has players to maintain the planets, the NPC faction of Mir an Pirates do not. a planet is a must to be able to spawn NPC for your gaming pleasures.

also rebuilding an NPC faction planet is not that easy as you think, we need to take more difficult steps to rebuild it thus taking up time and lastly dont attack cuz we say so?

we dont ask much we staff are all volunteers but we do generally hate it when players ruin our hard work just to have a little bit of fun and basicly be a whore.

now as i said im not interested who did it but it generally hurts us staff to see our hard work go up in smoke while we dont even get to use the results for our own pleasures. please dont attack.

- Axi

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-11-24 09:53   
QST defence bases 4tw!

BLACKHAWK(ENGLAND)
Cadet

Posted: 2006-11-24 11:18   
I have a question i have seen a few planets with 42+ strutuers outside of T and LB and was wondering are we alowed to capp and keep these as neptune has kluth factorys on it by the MI and i was unsure whether it was fair or what plz explain to me what going on
"03:01:01 Rogue Spear: When i first read Squad Broken, i thought Squad Broken was actually Rev's life story"

Email BLACKHAWK(ENGLAND)   Goto the website of BLACKHAWK(ENGLAND)
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-11-24 11:22   
Quote:

On 2006-11-24 11:18, BLACKHAWK*EAD Squad*(England) wrote:
I have a question i have seen a few planets with 42+ strutuers outside of T and LB and was wondering are we alowed to capp and keep these as neptune has kluth factorys on it by the MI and i was unsure whether it was fair or what plz explain to me what going on

Any planet with a structure count over 32, has been edited by an admin. The Mi currently do not have their own weapons, as we havn't actually made them yet, so they use a mixture of human and kluth technology. If you capture the planet and try to use the factory, all you will see is one of the other factions factories.

The only Mi technology in-game at the moment (and equiped on the Mi) are the SE drives, which you cannot equip (even if you try).

Only Tortuga and Legion Base are off limits, any other Mi planet is capable, only I suggest you let them have it if they're using it, since it's more fun for you.

Leonide
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2006-11-24 11:31   
Legion base has been made a death trap just to point this out, its not a perfect solution but it works.

i find this funny, because i was WH fished by a certain MIR a couple days ago to LB to die there. using the death zone as a weapon? a BIIIIG no no.

captain of the ICC Assault Cruiser C.S.S. Sledgehammer

Email Leonide
Axianda The Royal
Fleet Admiral
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2006-11-24 11:49   
Quote:

On 2006-11-24 11:31, leonide*FM* wrote:

i find this funny, because i was WH fished by a certain MIR a couple days ago to LB to die there. using the death zone as a weapon? a BIIIIG no no.

effective? YES

but we have taken measures this will not happen again, the Mir learned it... they dont like cleaning up theyr own yard of debris

- Axi

Mithrandir
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2006-11-24 15:14   
Exactly what Jack said - any MIR-built planets outside of the home planets (Legion Base and Tortuga) are fair game.. but it tends to be more fun for everyone if you NOT mirv the planet away 20 seconds after they build it (such as Cracker Jack Man had such a good time doing, much to the consternation of the MIR.. who then moved on, only to have [FS] do the same thing in another system). Not only does this make the battle harder, but it tends to piss off any local admins ... ahem, observing the MIR..

Not that I'd know specifically of course, since they're an NPC race..

Email Mithrandir
JackCrackerMan
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2006-11-24 16:33   
Rofl Mith, you're failing to mention the 10 mins before that when I cloud bombed it while it had 44 structures, 80 pop, 16 def and 32 troops. I Glassed that planet fair and square only to watch the 44 structures pop back up while I was getting troops from a nearby planet. Also, what the hell man... I think 150 units in the matter of 2 seconds is alittle excessive. How do you expect me to take over a planet with that kinda troop power.

Just another quick note: I just started playing again since 2 years ago afew days ago. So that was the first time I saw the MIR and their planet... didn't know what I was really doing. But I am learning.

Email JackCrackerMan
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.021004 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR