Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Tortuga and Legion base are offlimits....
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
 Author Tortuga and Legion base are offlimits....
Fatal Rocko Willis
Fleet Admiral
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2006-11-25 17:40   
[/quote]
right.. but doesn't this give you the unfairadvatage and breaking the roc?
[/quote]

The Admins do this only to build Mir planets... this allows them to build the planet quickly for the Mir... it is NOT intended as a way to prevent you from capping a planet, so don't worry.

It is not breaking the RoC since it is not a bug in the game... or anything like that....

Just for your info that is...

Email Fatal Rocko Willis
Reeves-81
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2006-11-25 18:00   
Quote:

On 2006-11-25 12:33, Coeus [LG For Admin!] wrote:
Just ban anyone that whines & be done with it...

Granted that would leave Faustus & Tael 'cause they're never around but still....

<- The problem with DS. Not able to take constuctive critisism without resorting to some sort of Flameing.

And fighting Mir is pointless, I can dl a game and fight AI for free, and its evenly matched.

\"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.\"
--Thomas Jefferson

Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2006-11-25 18:05   
Yeah... fight AI... heh....

ICC Security Council Chief Enforcer

Email Coeus   Goto the website of Coeus
[2006] - Codex09
Admiral

Posted: 2006-11-25 18:05   

Hmmm well considering thi s thread started off being about leaving Legion and Tortuga alone it sure has gon in a few directions.

Anyway just to get a few things straight 1). We are allowed to attack and ap MIR planets as long as they are not the 2 above (right?), 2). the only thing u would like people to do is leave the MIR planets alone if they r close by and we are fighting with them (sounds like good/and fair enough thing.

If people keep on attacking/capping tortuga/legion base why not make it a thing that if/when they are caught they will loose everything they have worked for (eg. Profile re-set back to 0 everything). Cause when it comes down to it you will probably find that it is a very small group of people that are doing it (no names but I think everyone knows who these people are).

In a previous msg I see that shig has said that he is going to now stop doing things with the MIR, well that is really sad cause even though I haven't yet had to much fun with them I know that may many other players have and if it all ends because of 1 or 2 people that is a little unfair to everyone else.

We here at DSNA are very lucky in that when I compare it to DSA there is a lot of things here that DSA would just love to have, and yet here we are whinning, arguing, and doing whatever else we can to destroy it all for ourselves. I suppose it is as the saying goes you don't know what you've got till it's gone, and once that happens it is too late to do anything.

So come on people lets get back to having fun and enjoying the very great game we have (that will soon be getting even greater!!!!)

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2006-11-25 18:45   
Quote:

On 2006-11-25 18:00, Dr. Gonzo wrote:

<- The problem with DS. Not able to take constuctive critisism without resorting to some sort of Flameing.

Replace "DS" with ""

JackCrackerMan
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2006-11-25 21:01   
Ok, the thing I was pointing out is that I had just bombed a fully built planet with full infantry and full pop. Now you're trying to attack me for bombing the planet again since I was my way in to cap it and all the sudden all the buildings and 150 inf instantly spawned on it? The only reason why i bombed it to begin with is because the damn NPC kept flying back to the planet to repair. I'm sorry, but when i fight real players I would be doing the same if they kept fleeing to repair (its called tactics). So if you are going to be crying to me about the planet being bombed with no pop then I seggest you take a look at the big picture.

Email JackCrackerMan
Legatus Immolation
Marshal

Posted: 2006-11-25 21:47   
Quote:

On 2006-11-25 21:01, Cracker Jack Man wrote:
Ok, the thing I was pointing out is that I had just bombed a fully built planet with full infantry and full pop. Now you're trying to attack me for bombing the planet again since I was my way in to cap it and all the sudden all the buildings and 150 inf instantly spawned on it? The only reason why i bombed it to begin with is because the damn NPC kept flying back to the planet to repair. I'm sorry, but when i fight real players I would be doing the same if they kept fleeing to repair (its called tactics). So if you are going to be crying to me about the planet being bombed with no pop then I seggest you take a look at the big picture.

LOL wtf? dude if u are attacking a ship... ur gaining prestige, if he goes back to a planet to REPAIR he comes back to the fight. therefore u gain PRESTIGE, u take out his planet he CANT repair therefore he will go. and NO prestige. this is what i dont understand, why do people take out planets where ships repair and make them logg instead of KEEPing them in the fight, ive seen quite a few folk do this, i mean i kno i like have a few ships to fire at. see if some folk Think before they act we wld have more fun, ill give an example.
R148, when i was kluth. ICC and UGTO Are fighting there. so me and about 4 luths went to R148 to join in the combat, obv we need a planet so we grab 2 fairly close to each other make some depots and walla combat comes to us. but then they get a bomber out take out our planets and we all decided to log or go back to building.
i mean what the hell guys? u dont like combat? i sure as hell do, try and keep players IN the game instead of makin em logg.

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2006-11-26 00:37   
Quote:

On 2006-11-25 21:47, Airwolf wrote:

LOL wtf? dude if u are attacking a ship... ur gaining prestige, if he goes back to a planet to REPAIR he comes back to the fight. therefore u gain PRESTIGE, u take out his planet he CANT repair therefore he will go. and NO prestige. this is what i dont understand, why do people take out planets where ships repair and make them logg instead of KEEPing them in the fight, ive seen quite a few folk do this, i mean i kno i like have a few ships to fire at. see if some folk Think before they act we wld have more fun, ill give an example.
R148, when i was kluth. ICC and UGTO Are fighting there. so me and about 4 luths went to R148 to join in the combat, obv we need a planet so we grab 2 fairly close to each other make some depots and walla combat comes to us. but then they get a bomber out take out our planets and we all decided to log or go back to building.
i mean what the hell guys? u dont like combat? i sure as hell do, try and keep players IN the game instead of makin em logg.

air we all love combat but unlike you we fly for the kill we take out your repair base, then kill ya. after your kill message flashes across the screen we pat each other on the back and look for something else to kill.

Email Borgie
Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2006-11-26 03:59   
Quote:

On 2006-11-25 21:01, Cracker Jack Man wrote:

I fail to see anyone trying to attack you...
Besides, did you bomb Tortuga or Legion Base? i thought you bombed another planet that MIR owned...

JackCrackerMan
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2006-11-26 04:12   
Yes, it was neither of those planets.

Email JackCrackerMan
Leonide
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2006-11-26 05:28   
omg all of you just stop arguing and play the damn game!!!

captain of the ICC Assault Cruiser C.S.S. Sledgehammer

Email Leonide
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-11-26 08:56   
Right, let me put this straight again, since some of you seem to have lost the point.

Bombing Tortuga and Legion Base is not allowed, end of story.

Bombing any other Mir planet that is not either two of the above, is OK, but...

If there is another Mir planet, and you are fighting Mir, or there is a Mir nearby, then I suggest LEAVING the planet alone for the time being, because the longer it stays, the more enjoyment you, or others get. Simply capture it back after the Mir have gone, it's not too hard to wait a while.

If you want to keep bombing Mir planets everytime the admins try and create some fun for YOU, then don't think they'll keep doing it. It's not easy to spawn a lot of NPC ships, modify them so they're stronger, and edit a planet with more structures so they can quickly spawn ships.

They are doing this for YOU - the player, not for their own enjoyment, and if you keep bombing something that stops this, then don't expect it to continue so often, because it is hard work.

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash *Jack* on 2006-11-26 08:57 ]

Mithrandir
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2006-11-26 09:08   
Well.... its not entirely for their benefit.. Mir are fun to play as too.. but yes, the general goal is to add some spice to the MV.

Like Jack said, cap whatever planets you'd like, since it IS after all strategically logical to remove the support from your enemies - just keep in mind that they might not stick around to give you combat if they have no support. If you don't WANT to fight them, then there you go.

Email Mithrandir
Bash
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-11-26 12:20   
Quote:

On 2006-11-23 22:22, Doran wrote:
why not simply leave the planets alone. thats the easiest (or damn well should be) solution, and the cheapest, and quickest to enact.

people need to take remedial "No." classes...

I made my statement because, What if a newbie comes along and dont no not to bomb those planets. This idea is a long term one to fix the problem so it wont happen again.

Not saying we dont listen is the admin or mod just that it wont happen again if this idea.
01:38:43 Shigernafy: "never trust a brit with your website.."

This message brought to you by the Flying Coffin Foundation"

12:02:07 Doran: "and you never hear AI complaining about how dumb players are"

Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2006-11-26 12:50   
MIR only need planets for supply drones...

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
Page created in 0.024281 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR