No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +6.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » My Idea, for kluth
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author My Idea, for kluth
Legatus Immolation
Marshal

Posted: 2006-11-19 11:15   

First of all just a print of an idea that would come to some use to give kluth players more 'choice' if people like this idea i would think of something similar to the ICC and UGTO, even tho this isnt giving kluth a advantage just giving them a choice on the situation at hand. Here it is

Kluth Cloacking device is a special one of a kind slot, so my idea is allow kluth players to Choose from Little armour with alot of offensive weaponry but allowed to cloack and hide, the other choice is be able to swap the cloacking device for a special type of kluth armour Heavy organic armour and such, this armour wont make a kluth cruiser as defencive as a UGTO cruiser because that would be unfair, Superioir weaponry to UGTO yet same armour, no but do increase the armour to the point kluth can last longer in battle than they usually do since they dont have their cloack, roughly 0.6%- 0.75% that fo a UGTO class Armour.
It would be good to give kluth a chance to stay and fight instead of running, or Hit and Run but be able to stay alive longer. Its also a good resistance against beacons, cause if ur beaconed while cloacked ur screwed, if ur beaconed while 'armoured' no big affect, and therefore presents u with more options pending the situation.
Tell me what u think?

Drafell
Grand Admiral
Mythica

Posted: 2006-11-19 13:22   
First: beacons will be a lot less common in Beta. There will only be a few ships capable of mounting them, namely Scouts and possibly one or two larger hulls for each of the ICC and UGTO factions (current contenders are the ED/PD).
This simple restriction will give K'Luth a boost to how long they can spend in combat. It may not be a massive icnrease, but it will have a positive effect on the overall survivability of K'Luth vessels.

In addition, the UGTO and ICC will (probably) no longer be able to mount AME drives or AMJD's, or at least not without having access to a K'Luth hubbed planet. We are still unclear as to the exact restriction here, but it is looking like we will go with the former option.
If this is the case, the K'Luth will have a speed advantage over the other factions which makes them more able to dodge incoming fire when they are visible. They may be relatively weak, but if one can get behind you, outside of most of your weapon arcs, they will be able to do far more damage to you than you can to them. This speed advantage will help them stay there.

The next question:

Why would you replace the Cloak slot with another armor type? It is overcomplicated and redundant. It would be far simpler to add in another type of armor which can replace the existing mounts and keep the cloak as functional. In this case, we already have a few options that we can consider for implementation, but we will hold back on any further proposals until we can see how the facton plays with the current planned changes.

[ This Message was edited by: Drafell on 2006-11-19 13:25 ]

Goto the website of Drafell
Legatus Immolation
Marshal

Posted: 2006-11-19 14:54   
ok thanks.

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-11-21 04:39   
i would prefer the kluth have 2 new armor types added like Heavy Organic Armor and Shredder Armor, the shredder armor is like the UGTO's Alblative armor in most Respects, It "Shreds" portions of its armor to compensate for damage and can only be repaired by our Auto Hull Repair, and make it harder to damage to projectile weapons like Torps/missles/pcannons/rails but not energy weapons...

Email GothThug {C?}
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-11-21 08:24   
At the moment we see the K'luth's cloak as a type of armor, rendering you basicly immune to damage (in an odd sense of way - if they can't see you, they can't fire at you). UGTO have different types of armor, only because they're a very armour based faction, as aposed to K'luth and ICC (K'luth have Organic and Cloak, ICC have Reactive and Active shields).

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-11-24 00:26   
all i want is for you to make kluth like i used to remember them....DOMINATE instead of a HIT AND COWER faction my god

Email GothThug {C?}
Russian Roulette with Muskets
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-11-24 06:53   
1.) Stop attacking a group of Cruisers and Dreads in you Kluth Dread while solo.
Tra using more Agile ships for that.

2.) Completly restrict Kluth tech to kluth Players. I mean its all some kind of biotech isnt it? Now how do you replace your Ion Engine with a blob of organic... stuff AND make it work?

Guyton (Angel of Death)
Marshal

Posted: 2006-11-24 06:56   
Quote:

On 2006-11-24 00:26, GothThug {C?} wrote:
all i want is for you to make kluth like i used to remember them....DOMINATE instead of a HIT AND COWER faction my god! I AM AN IDIOT!

No one faction should be DOMINATE, all factions should be balanced. Each faction has a special purpose and with this special purpose comes the style of each individual player.

ICC-Defensive(Right for the players who like good defense and can work with small problems to keep their defenses to survive.)

K'luth-Aggressive(Believe it or not K'luth is for the players that love power and players that know in a way some form of guerilla warfare which fits their playing style.)

UGTO-Balanced(For the players who like a more of a normal play with no disadvantage or advantage, players who are like just a regular craft while in combat.)

A DOMINATE faction is like the current patch having something like the PD and ED as sort of a DOMINATE ship.

[ This Message was edited by: Guyton*Drifter* on 2006-11-24 06:57 ]

Smartin
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-11-24 07:00   
Quote:

all i want is for you to make kluth like i used to remember them....DOMINATE instead of a HIT AND COWER faction my god

Serious question. What do you think Kluth tactics are?

DarkSpace Community Website

Email Smartin
Guyton (Angel of Death)
Marshal

Posted: 2006-11-24 07:21   
to disect humans and eat their brains like crawfishes/mudbugs yummy

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-11-24 09:13   
Quote:

I'm seriously tempted to ask Shig to remove your posting rights in this forum section now...

What the hell did you think K'luth were? A defencive faction? They're MEANT to be hit and run, they have abysmal armour, which is off-set by the fact that they do OMFGBBQ damage.

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash *Jack* on 2006-11-24 09:13 ]

Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2006-11-24 10:30   
we are all getting of the subject now.
also, ICC have active shields AND reflective armor.
And maybe instead of switching the cloack for armor, switch it for shielding for some reason that is probably wrong, i expect that to be easyer to code in since shields also use energy like cloack
edit: or a device that instantly repairs 5 hull?

[ This Message was edited by: Sixkiller on 2006-11-24 10:31 ]

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-11-24 18:01   
K'luth organic armour works fine, although it might recieve a regen boost.

ICC should be losing Ablative and Reflective armor in 1.484, so it'll become more balanced.

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-12-01 08:16   
Quote:

On 2006-11-24 06:56, Guyton*Mini Camera* wrote:
Quote:

all i want is for you to make kluth like i used to remember them....DOMINATE instead of a HIT AND COWER faction my god! I AM AN IDIOT!

No one faction should be DOMINATE, all factions should be balanced. Each faction has a special purpose and with this special purpose comes the style of each individual player.

ICC-Defensive(Right for the players who like good defense and can work with small problems to keep their defenses to survive.)

K'luth-Aggressive(Believe it or not K'luth is for the players that love power and players that know in a way some form of guerilla warfare which fits their playing style.)

UGTO-Balanced(For the players who like a more of a normal play with no disadvantage or advantage, players who are like just a regular craft while in combat.)

A DOMINATE faction is like the current patch having something like the PD and ED as sort of a DOMINATE ship.

[ This Message was edited by: Guyton*Drifter* on 2006-11-24 06:57 ]

i'd like to point out that the UGTO are FAR from balanced, they have too many players at the moment and they are just Overbearing, Overconfident and Bullying.....whateva

Email GothThug {C?}
Durlan Katz
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-12-01 13:05   
Quote:

On 2006-12-01 08:16, Fatal GothThug *Ens* wrote:

i'd like to point out that the UGTO are FAR from balanced, they have too many players at the moment and they are just Overbearing, Overconfident and Bullying.....whateva

I think is the most stupid post ever.

You can't seriously think that a faction i unbalanced becuase of it having too many players?

take two teams with same skills/equipment, now put 50% more players on one side.

who wins?

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.027196 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR