Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Tired of getting killed due DARKSPACE BUGS!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Tired of getting killed due DARKSPACE BUGS!
Neoshinji
Grand Admiral
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2006-11-17 01:20   
Im tired to getting JD and WH BUGS! I know that a lot of people gets killed for this reason. But WHY Im tired to getting killed due DARSPACE BUGS? Today all factions worked together to kill MIR, when Mir event finished inmediatly I tried to use my JD to leave battle area, but I cant use because it becomes BUGGED, I tried to use my WH to go back home, but it becomes BUGGED too, I have lost a supply station with large amount of upgrades for stupid BUGS that PALESTAR doesnt resolve, Im really tired to pay the price of BUGS when I tried various ways to avoid, which is my fault? Play a game plenty of bugs, after several time I was returned to play DS believing that it was solved, as I see no.

Another part is the bastard ugto way to kill allies, but I didnt argue that, it shows how honorable are uggies.

Legatus Immolation
Marshal

Posted: 2006-11-17 01:40   
65% of my prestige loss is due to bugs. either combat related (cant jump for unexplained reasons) or Generally related. moving 5kgu sideways into a planet. or coming out a SY and insteantlly crashing into the planet when u werent moving. Or getting hit to Death when ur 4kgu away from the nearest firefight and u see no one else is hitting you.

YEs there are plenty of bugs. and i dont kno why i pay money for it either. i just know i do. But ofc i wont keep paying forever theres only so much one can take

NiteHawk
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-11-17 01:57   
Yeah I understand how it goes. Bugs will be here always hopefully they can fix those jump and cloak bugs next version out. Nothing they can do right now, not worth it to vent over Palestar. They did release a pretty nice game.

And yeah, I saw what they did to you after the battle in my luth ship, and I do agree even so afterwards it was pretty lame, but nothing can be done about that, next time blow them up while killing MIR, what else can be done?

If they do implement the whole everyones 'green' to each other, sorta like a alliance, it should be known that soon as the leader or whomever disbands it and wants to war again, it should send a notification to everyone, and activate a timer of about 5-10minute timer and then it changes back to enemy/red ships when the timer is up, so no one can pres off you while its all done and the battle is over.... Generally it would solve that issue and everyone would be able to regroup and get ready without getting rammed cheaply.

Email NiteHawk
Neoshinji
Grand Admiral
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2006-11-17 02:09   
Im agree with you Airwolf. But people instead of staying in silence we need to show our force as consumers (we are tired of words like this "the next patch will solve") we need to show our angry part to palestar, we can't stay waiting and hoping someday it will be solved. I didnt ignore the effort of Palestar, but Im thinking these things is not important for Palestar, after all if you lose a ship loses prestige and you need more time to get "badges", more time, more money ... if Palestar is thinking like this, DS will be dead in short future. Why? Because when I was suscribed on 2002, I suffered the same bugs, all are known bugs, the worst part seems that Palestar abadoned the idea to solve (4 years passed). Im sure of one thing Palestar lost a lot of players during these years, why? Because when you get tired to see the same bugs its really nasty.
I have to say: "its a constructive way", but the only way to get improves on the bugs is press Palestar staff to solve NOW! (we can wait weeks, but no more years please).

Nice idea NiteHawk, but personally right now Im not requesting and "improve" I will happy if Palestar only applies a final patch to solve this (large time) known problems.

[ This Message was edited by: Neoshinji on 2006-11-17 02:12 ]

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-11-17 02:32   
i know how you feel neo i really do....all we can do is hope and have faith that faustus will resolve this BS quickly

Email GothThug {C?}
Headshot | Mr. Supervisor
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2006-11-17 02:34   
I subscribed about a year ago...and I have to tell you, this "2 weeks" nonsense needs to stop.

Right now its an endless cycle of, "we won't pay because this game is bugged" and "we won't update because people don't pay"

This IS how it is and I'm sick and tired of it. They should just make it open source and let people who want it fixed to fix it.

Thats my 2 cents.

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2006-11-17 03:04   
you know its kinda funny that you call that lame, yet everymonring when i wake and sign in the mv i see you and your friends bombing everything ugto has. and every morning we get the smae"ugto is lame" from you guys for dictor killing your bombers. so i look at it like this lossing a station or 2 well offsets some of the free pres you have been getting fron nuking. next time i would subjest you do a quick log insted of a full 2 minute log when your surrounded by enemey ships.

Quote:

On 2006-11-17 01:20, Neoshinji wrote:

Another part is the bastard ugto way to kill allies, but I didnt argue that, it shows how honorable are uggies.

and yes i was part of that uggie bastards that killed you and would do it again unless i knew you were buged, then that changes it. but since you didn't say anything, it cost ya
be it a hard learned lesson

[small][ This Message was edited by: Borgie on 2006-11-17 03:41 ][/small]

[ This Message was edited by: Borgie on 2006-11-17 03:43 ]

Email Borgie
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-11-17 05:44   
Riiiight...

We won't work because you don't pay? That's a bunch of rubbish right there.

We're working on 1.484, and Faustus is working on a new hybrid server backend, which will hopefully resolve a lot of the problems. You'll have to wait for the patch unfortunatly, as it's going to take time, and no amount of whining, or yelling at Palestar to get it out quicker, is going to do so.

Either stop playing and wait, or continue playing and wait. Either way, yelling about problems that we and everyone else is aware of is neither doing this community, or any-one of us any favours, but I do sympothise with you - I am afterall a player too.

But, Faustus has 'hired' me and Drafell onto the development team (after he glanced over our proposal for 1.484, and changes in general to get Ds back on track), and we'll do our best to get things done, and 1.484 out as quick as we possibly can.

Beta should be up by the end of the month, with the finished backend (so says the big man), so watch this space, and go play in beta when it's up.

- Jack

[2006] - Codex09
Admiral

Posted: 2006-11-17 05:49   

Hmm I am so glad I wasn't here for that so called event (I thought events were announced so that everyone could be a part of them).

As for making everyone green, I can see the advantages of doing that but i can also see the dis-advantages of it, for eg. People cant hel[p thmselves and go turning off planet def then when the event has finished they go and bomb the planets. My guess is the everyone is green thing won't happen.

I also agree with borgie, over the last few months there has been a few people going around bombing everything they come across and as far as I am concerned I now believe it is abusing an exploit in the game and everyone that has been doing it should loose all the planet damage pres they have gathered. (The admins/mods know who the people are that are doing it all the time.

AS for the bugs, well I find it quite interesting that you complain when they cause you a loss of pres but say nothing while you are using them to your advantage and abusing them to make pres. You might want to think about that also when you let palestar know how you feel.

Ship-Of-Fools
2nd Rear Admiral
Angry Mob

Posted: 2006-11-17 06:09   
I am sorry people, I have had a few bugs myself, my least Fav is the hyperbug, my fav is when my ship became stuck inside another players Dread for 7 or 8 mins (even when he jumped, I have pics, it was fun) but I am just not seeing these bugs as often as everyone else,

could this be because I use smaller ships? are stations and dreads and such my likely to have these bugs?

to be honest I expect bugs, Darkspace is a work in progress, and I think it always will be. most Games like this are

Smartin
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-11-17 08:05   
I have been her for over a year now and really only playing in .483, and I can honestly say. I love this game. No other game on the market will come close to it atm. Seriously we all whine and compalin(i know i do it to sometimes) and get angry and say we are giong to quit but we never do? You alwasy come back. DS is a great game with a great community we should be thankful we have it.

DarkSpace Community Website

Email Smartin
Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2006-11-17 13:11   
Quote:

On 2006-11-17 08:05, Smartin wrote:
I have been her for over a year now and really only playing in .483, and I can honestly say. I love this game. No other game on the market will come close to it atm. Seriously we all whine and compalin(i know i do it to sometimes) and get angry and say we are giong to quit but we never do? You alwasy come back. DS is a great game with a great community we should be thankful we have it.

So, can anyone tell me how many times i left DS and came back?

Ants
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2006-11-17 13:30   
Quote:

On 2006-11-17 05:44, BackSlash *Jack* wrote:
Riiiight...

We won't work because you don't pay? That's a bunch of rubbish right there.

We're working on 1.484, and Faustus is working on a new hybrid server backend, which will hopefully resolve a lot of the problems. You'll have to wait for the patch unfortunatly, as it's going to take time, and no amount of whining, or yelling at Palestar to get it out quicker, is going to do so.

Either stop playing and wait, or continue playing and wait. Either way, yelling about problems that we and everyone else is aware of is neither doing this community, or any-one of us any favours, but I do sympothise with you - I am afterall a player too.

But, Faustus has 'hired' me and Drafell onto the development team (after he glanced over our proposal for 1.484, and changes in general to get Ds back on track), and we'll do our best to get things done, and 1.484 out as quick as we possibly can.

Beta should be up by the end of the month, with the finished backend (so says the big man), so watch this space, and go play in beta when it's up.

- Jack

Well Im still waiting. Ill be back in a few days to a week to see the old gang. Hoping some things have changed. But in all the time iv had off DS all i ever tell mel is i can t wait for 1.484.

Quote:

I also agree with borgie, over the last few months there has been a few people going around bombing everything they come across and as far as I am concerned I now believe it is abusing an exploit in the game and everyone that has been doing it should loose all the planet damage pres they have gathered. (The admins/mods know who the people are that are doing it all the time.

AS for the bugs, well I find it quite interesting that you complain when they cause you a loss of pres but say nothing while you are using them to your advantage and abusing them to make pres. You might want to think about that also when you let palestar know how you feel.

Hummm how interesting... Nothing has changed in this area and complaining that ppl bombing as an exploit for press gain. well we can go to that and say look whos talking.

I remember 6 months ago when i left a good selection of ppl being called on the same thing. Dont turn the ties to someone else now since you've stopped. Not just directed to the name in the quote. Bombing is the thing that is "IN". Now the main problem wit it is all the FAs and GAs that it has developed. In my mind that will make this game nowhere close to as fun at the OLD DS where a select few were those ranks.

My 2 cents and a nickel for the lost time.

Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2006-11-17 14:43   
On the Beta Testing thing, lets get it straight.

I'd like to see people test Everything and not just combat. Make sure every possible aspect of the game is how you, the player, wants it to be. In past Beta's, players have focused on just combat and decided the version was okay to go. Players only tested certain weapons and certain ships, and basicaly let the ships that are being abused this version go unnoticed.

So, before we all start hounding the Dev Team to release .484, make sure everything you can possibly test has been tested, and that you are just dandy with it.

Remember, pushing for a quicker release will only cause a worse product to come out.

Email Supertrooper
Neoshinji
Grand Admiral
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2006-11-17 14:52   
Backslash my sincerely excuses I didnt want to ofend you or any Palestar worker, I know you are working hard, truste me I didnt ignore your work, I really appreciate your work, this is the reason because I rejoined DS after several time. But sometimes one get tired to see the same problems after a long time.

I was not here to argue what happened with uggie "threat" against MIR, but borgie initiated.

Apparently Borgie knows all. First of all I have to say you a pair of things.

Quote:
so i look at it like this lossing a station or 2 well offsets some of the free pres you have been getting fron nuking. next time i would subjest you do a quick log insted of a full 2 minute log when your surrounded by enemey ships.

I have wrote;

Quote:
When Mir event finished inmediatly I tried to use my JD to leave battle area ...

I forget to say when I being bugged and trapped there I said to all my fleet pals I log off (they can confirm), on this moments ugto fleet was away from me around 2000 gu and nobody of us are shooting to our ships. "You" started to shoot me as soon I log off, my station didnt shoot any FIRE, my station reminded with no movement and no attack because Im logging and it was before to attack us.

Quote:
you know its kinda funny that you call that lame, yet everymonring when i wake and sign in the mv i see you and your friends bombing everything ugto has.

Something curious saying to me that, curiosly your profile
Planets Damaged 42283.519531 <-

I'm "free" to bomb your planets, after all you make the same with our planets, you are criticizing because we bomb our planets. Are you saying that all my prestige funded on it? Please, before saying this kind of indirects look my profile. Any person can see that my prestige is not funded on BOMBING planets.

Quote:
and yes i was part of that uggie bastards that killed you and would do it again unless i knew you were buged, then that changes it. but since you didn't say anything, it cost ya
be it a hard learned lesson

Im sure the "words" doesnt work with people who didnt mantain a little break to attack MIR, who takes an advantatge of situation managing to gain FREE prestige.

[small][ This Message was edited by: Neoshinji on 2006-11-17 15:22 ][/small]

[ This Message was edited by: Neoshinji(test) on 2006-11-18 06:08 ]

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.019892 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR