Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.9 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » I plan to return to DS soon , some thoughts
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author I plan to return to DS soon , some thoughts
Ants
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2006-11-17 13:43   
Id say a good idea would be to reset ALL accounts to just before the release of this patch. Bombing is truly the biggest problem but also the amount of bugs in this game Myself i know iv lost over 10million recourses in this version alone. you take away all Bombing alot of ppl including myself would be set back far. Not saying anything bad there about it. If i go back in rank thats fine if it evened the rankings but my combat and recourses lost would be alot higher then what my rank is and making stats completely out of wack there also. This would affect all the new players since the patch but read thought the forums and even they complained about the Bugs bombing and around this patch.

So Id say if they were to do any kind of profile changes it Should go back to the date before 1.483 came out.

Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2006-11-17 14:37   
I dont mind any resets. and I could realy care less about mine being reduced. But I do know that it'll cause abit more people then what we'd want to start leaving.

Sure, they may be 'lame' and 'n00bs' for bombing, but they didnt do anything wrong. They earned their prestige within the rules of the RoC and cannot be punished or have their stats altered for that, in my honest opinion.

Email Supertrooper
Veronw
Marshal

Posted: 2006-11-17 16:34   
Quote:

On 2006-11-16 14:10, SANITY ASSASSIN wrote:
If there is a reset to 0...i will be taking my 10 bucks a month elsewhere. And I wouldnt be shocked to see that id be the only one.

personally, i wouldnt miss u

Veronw
Marshal

Posted: 2006-11-17 16:36   
Quote:

On 2006-11-17 13:43, Fatal Ants *XO 1* wrote:
So Id say if they were to do any kind of profile changes it Should go back to the date before 1.483 came out.

only problem is for the players who came during 483, otherwise i agree

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-11-17 18:06   
483 Came at exactly July 10th 2005, i should know because i have the staff announcement in my logs and in a thread Crim or coeus created with Faustus himself saying 483 is being released and it says July 10th XD....but yeah anyone who subbed after july 10th will have a significant stat reduction...

Rocko, Forgive me if im wrong, but you had a 6K planet damaged stat when i first viewed yer profile back when i came back...and its jumped to 3x's that in 14 months but yeah you only used neuts....god forbid what it would look like if you mirved all this time XD

Email GothThug {C?}
Ants
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2006-11-17 19:02   
Quote:

On 2006-11-17 16:36, Veronw*FC* wrote:
Quote:

On 2006-11-17 13:43, Fatal Ants *XO 1* wrote:

only problem is for the players who came during 483, otherwise i agree

They go back to 0 across the board and they can ear there rank the proper way?

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2006-11-17 19:53   
I'll put this is simple term:

You either screw over the old players for the new people, who could care less about the old players

or you screw over the new players for the old people, who could care less about the new players

Maskerade
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-11-17 20:13   
OK....hold on!

For those that want to zero the bombing stat. *IF* all bomb stats were set to zero - there will be mass bombing to start 484 just to regain badges to gain certain ships.

Admirals and up will bomb so they get their badges back - most bombed to Gold then bombed as need anyways. Currently in the MV I bomb, I have to. Combat is somewhat lacking and it is one of the few things I can do. So I log in, fix planets, build other planets, then bomb (mostly neutrons) to recapture planets in my factions territory.

Sure there are GAs popping up all over the place now, but they are also the ones that get hammered in combat because they have very little experience fight other ships, let alone fighting other ships while in a huge target that requires more than space bar smashing to be viable in combat.

Lacrosseian
Fleet Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2006-11-17 20:13   
My two cents:

Those who have bombed their way up in rank, no matter how much you may not like it, were legit in doing so. So be it, cheers to them. The thing is, if that is the only thing they know how to do, what are they going to do when the problem is fixed? From what I have seen of the beta, bombing is not a solo job anymore. They will have to conform to the new version and learn other skills. Eventually they will be proficient and be able to live up to their rank; until then, they will just learn the hard way, or worse, wine about bombing being too hard.

I have no idea if that made sense when put together, but whatever. Personally, I do not wish a stat reduction to anyone, unless of course they violated the ROC, but that is a different topic.

Headshot | Mr. Supervisor
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2006-11-17 20:28   
I used to do bombing runs with a buddy of mine a long time ago.

Why you ask? Basically, every time I died do to a bug, I bombed for twice as much pres lossed because I was tired of sending in a report (even with evidence) and not being helped by a mod or admin.

I was tired of nothing happening when everyone was complaining, so I took the matter (within the RoC) into my own hands.

Does that make me a bomb whore? maybe. Does it make me wrong? no.

I quit bombing, but it was fun while it lasted

I eventually unsubscribed when nothing happened, but now I'm waiting, credit card in hand, for the next update.

[ This Message was edited by: Fatal Headshot on 2006-11-17 20:31 ]

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2006-11-18 00:10   
Quote:

On 2006-11-17 12:14, BackSlash *Jack* wrote:
Quote:

On 2006-11-17 12:07, Borgie wrote:
thats the problem six there isn't alot of people at or rank who can't pilot a ship

There are - believe me.

i know i enjoy getting killes off em

Email Borgie
doda *EP5 no longer exception...*
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-11-18 09:31   
well resetting accounts is again a bad idea. Like what some have said, there are 1.483 products.

/me sure wouldnt like it

Reeves-81
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2006-11-18 10:01   
I agree bombing pres should be wiped, but not to zero, to 1000, so you dont lose the medal, and since thats all you "need" to use ships ect. {medals would not be affected] just anybody over 1000 should be set to back to 1000. That would certainly set things right.

\"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.\"
--Thomas Jefferson

BackAlley
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-11-18 10:06   
A lot of players are not playing DS because of the bombing bug ..1.484..is going to bring back a very large number of players......So the players we lose because of a bombing reset will not have that much of an effect...
We lost alot more players because of the Bombing bug...then we will lose because of a bombing reset......

Email BackAlley   Goto the website of BackAlley
BLACKHAWK(ENGLAND)
Cadet

Posted: 2006-11-18 17:55   
if its just bombing i agree but im not losing 5k+ of combat for this version cos combat sucks in this version
"03:01:01 Rogue Spear: When i first read Squad Broken, i thought Squad Broken was actually Rev's life story"

Email BLACKHAWK(ENGLAND)   Goto the website of BLACKHAWK(ENGLAND)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.023668 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR