Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » I plan to return to DS soon , some thoughts
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author I plan to return to DS soon , some thoughts
Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2006-11-16 14:46   
Quote:

On 2006-11-16 14:10, SANITY ASSASSIN wrote:
If there is a reset to 0...i will be taking my 10 bucks a month elsewhere. And I wouldnt be shocked to see that id be the only one.

and this is why this community is falling down the slippy slope: People will never personelly bite the bullet for the community to make it a 'better' game. This is why people MIRV whore: they get to what they want faster, and what do they care if it hurts the 'game' or the 'community'? They pay a mesealy 10 USD and expect to be immune to anything like common sense or nobility

ps: it's not all your stats being reset to zero. Just a reduction in your bombing stat that shoudn't effect you if you didn't abuse a bug......excuse me, a feature in this latest version.

Drafell
Grand Admiral
Mythica

Posted: 2006-11-16 15:03   
SANITY ASSASSIN's vies is exactly why it wont be happening. It is tantamount to commiting commercial suicide for a company to treat it's clients in that way.

Look at what happened to SWG when they wiped out half the professions...

You do not touch what a player has gained through "fair" gamplay. We realise that many people may not see this particular issue as fair on them after all, it was never so easy in the past. However, in this paricualr version of the game, it is, and thus it is inherently unfair on those players who were introduced to DarkSpace in this incarnation to have them lose any work they have put into the game.

Goto the website of Drafell
Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2006-11-16 15:16   
no, SWG decided to change.......every game mechanic and give anybody the chance to be a jedi, something many people spent hours of their lives trying to come, giving up so much sacrifice to attain it in a 'fair' way

actually, a good analogy can be drawn from SWG for darkspace, from that, somehow

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2006-11-16 15:25   
if my profile got wiped today it would really bother me since hell i earned it once i can earn it again. i personaly suport this idea, to bad it would never happen

Email Borgie
GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-11-16 17:38   
Mirvers Mirv to gain pres only to find their bombing stat Wiped in 484....Vets Come back from a long vacation to find N00b GA's that mirved their way up the ranks...thus they leave...either way we have a problem :|

Email GothThug {C?}
Pope
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-11-16 20:31   

Perform complete wipe at release.

Keep previous (historical) profile data viewable, read-only, as a feature on the website profile page.
Keep old ranking list too, eventually.

Everyone still has their bragging rights, but the game for power starts over. See who is good -this- version. Give people something new to fight for. See if you can revive this game.

my .02$

thank's for reading

Fatal Rocko Willis
Fleet Admiral
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2006-11-16 20:41   
IF I see a complete stat wipe or a reduction of planets damaged pres I will take a walk and never return... It has taken me almost 4 years (yes 4) to get and keep what I have at 30K pres... I am the forever Admiral but I will be damned if I will like to have my stats lowered becuase of a handful of bozo's that took advantage of a situation that was truly not intended...

Just MY .02 cents worth....

Email Fatal Rocko Willis
Pope
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-11-16 20:48   
Not to be disrepsectful Rocko, but that's really not a very good statistic

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-11-16 21:21   
Quote:

On 2006-11-16 15:03, Drafell wrote:
SANITY ASSASSIN's vies is exactly why it wont be happening. It is tantamount to commiting commercial suicide for a company to treat it's clients in that way.

Look at what happened to SWG when they wiped out half the professions...

You do not touch what a player has gained through "fair" gamplay. We realise that many people may not see this particular issue as fair on them after all, it was never so easy in the past. However, in this paricualr version of the game, it is, and thus it is inherently unfair on those players who were introduced to DarkSpace in this incarnation to have them lose any work they have put into the game.

Just so you realise what you said, 1.483 is more like the NGE patch that completly oblitorated SWG's playerbase. Think about it - you trod all over player's who spent years getting 20k planets damaged (KC), and basicly said "LOL SCRWZ U GYZ!". You've already done the NGE, that's why we have such a piss poor playerbase.

I honestly can't see why reducing it on those with abnormaly high planets damaged stats would be an issue. If they walk - they walk, I honestly can't see many respectful people with an abnormaly high planets damaged stat here - atleast, I can't see any respectful people that wouldn't take a hit for the team.

Those with abnormally high stats from bombing 24/7, are those types of players who havn't been playing long, and shouldn't be that rank anyway. They themselves should know this, and shouldn't of done it. It's like a parent telling two children not to eat the chocolate cake. One does, the other doesn't. The one that did got away with it fair and square - he got to eat his cake with no punishment, yet the child who didn't, get's nothing.

That doesn't particularly strike me as fair - no matter how much of a chance everyone else got to mirv their way to "Uber Faustito". In all honesty, no matter how bad it is for a company to do it, you've done worse screwing over the old customers - which is a big no, no.

Something has to be done - either by punishing those who have done it, or by doing something to say "sorry" and "thanks" to those who didn't do it, ie - a raise in ships damaged by a certain percentage.

Lets take some random numbers.

Ships damaged : 30,000
Planets damaged : 7000

Ships damaged : 2000
Planets damaged : 40000

Now, we can all see player #2 has an abnormaly high planets damaged stat - he's obviously been whoring it out for prestige because it's easy and quick. But player #1, has been hard at work with combat, not paying much attention to bombing.

We won't give any stat boost to player #2, because his planets damaged stat is 20x larger than his ships damaged. But because player #1's planets damaged stat is much lower than his planets damaged, or equal, he gets a 2.5% boost, therefor giving him an extra 2,250 prestige for being a good boy.

Something with 7000/7000 respectivly would also get something like 525, which is a nice little number. It doesn't even need to be 2.5%, it could be higher or lower.

Something should be done - but it doesn't need to be a reduction from those who mirved their way to GA (although I do think some profiles aught to be reduced just for the sheer silliness of the stats (80k+ on some profiles).

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash *Jack* on 2006-11-16 21:25 ]

Makani
Cadet

Posted: 2006-11-16 21:55   
A thought occurs.

There are currently three viable ways to gain prestige for the new player. (Notice I said NEW. Meaning Captain and below.)
1. Engineer for about 100 pres per hour if you're lucky enough to get a planet that isn't lacking in resources.
2. Bomb for about 400 pres per hour, if you're good (and can find a steady supply of planets).
3. Supply things. I don't know what the pres/hour is for supplying things.

I didn't list combat. I didn't list combat because in order to get combat pres, you need to damage hull, not shields or armor. It's very hard to do that in today's MV, where everyone is in Dreads, Stations or at the very least Cruisers, and you're just a Captain (or below). You'll get pummeled. You won't even scratch their armor/shields, and you'll die in three or four hits. I talk from experience.
The Newbie server relieves this. Too bad no one is ever in it anymore. I have not seen a single person in Newbie for six months. I haven't been subbed that long, but I've been playing. Admiral is marginally better, because you still have to deal with the lack of Shipyards/resources. Still, once you have those things we're back to square one.
So, what to do about this?

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2006-11-17 03:51   
one problem with your whole statement hack, is granted they may have bombed there way up to ga, they did earn it. granted i don't defend them who are nuke admirals. but look at it this way, next patch when and if it gets done( when the devs get off there ass and work on it), anyone with a semi decent combat stat will have fun killing newbs who can't fly ships worth a damn. so think of that has your 2% reward for not nuking up to ga

i will take me for an example when i first started playing ds, i got to admiral by nuking my way up had like 18k bombing at admiral reguardless i had admiral and i was happy. but where did it hurt me, i ended up not knowing how to fly anything over a dessie making my new rank useless. its taken me a year to learn how to fully fly every ship in this game at my prespective rank. hense why i now have nearly 11k ship damage. but thats me..

[ This Message was edited by: Borgie on 2006-11-17 03:57 ]

Email Borgie
Topbum (England)
Marshal
ExtraTerrestrial Space Bums

Posted: 2006-11-17 06:13   
Just get your butt back in game m8,your missed,and just play the game for what it is at the moment,can still have fun

Tops

Email Topbum (England)
Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2006-11-17 09:03   
So heres my math idea.
Lets stop comparing ships damaged to planets damaged and actually counts the prestige it gives.
Ships damaged gives 3 prestige per ships damaged. Planets damaged only 1.

I think that when you have more then 3 times as much prestige from planets damaged then ships damaged, your way outta line.
So whats the math? For everyones profile, multiply the ships damaged by 10 (3*3.3) and if that profile has planets damaged that is higher then the outcome, reduce the planets damaged to the outcome. That seems to me as being effecting, but defenitly not totally whiping out someones profile.

Basicly with those numbers, someone who has 4k ships damaged and 80k planets damaged will be put back to 40k planets damaged. That is something that seems reasonable to me. Now i know this would halve some peoples prestige, but think about it. If you know this now, begin getting ships damaged. Per point you would not only get 3 prestige from the ships damaged, but you would also keep 10 more prestige of your planets damaged. So i think you should be able to catch up with it. (if your a pilot who can do that)

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2006-11-17 12:07   
thats the problem six there isn't alot of people at or rank who can't pilot a ship

Email Borgie
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-11-17 12:14   
Quote:

On 2006-11-17 12:07, Borgie wrote:
thats the problem six there isn't alot of people at or rank who can't pilot a ship

There are - believe me.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.020793 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR