Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » I plan to return to DS soon , some thoughts
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author I plan to return to DS soon , some thoughts
Ragglock
Marshal
BIOnics Industry Syndicate

Posted: 2006-11-16 06:39   
There is just one thing that bugs me, all the easy prestige that have been owned by the faults in the game system, with this version.

Now this "easy bombing prestige version" has been running to long not to impact the prestige / ranking system to much.

The imbalance, on many players playing time vs their overall rank vs bombing points to obtain that rank, is just to huge.

One thing that would ease my and probably other players mind on this subject:

On release of the, hopefully(soon) not so bombing prestige heavy, next version of DS , Reset all players planet damage to zero.

With a ranking at 20 in planet damage, earned over 4 years of playing, I would get a heave dent in my prestige to, but it would not hurt so much as on some profiles, since most of my prestige is even out in all categories and not just 90 % bombing .

Only ones I can see complain over this is those that have capitalized on this version bombing points, earning an easy advance in ranks.

You could say that I could just bomb it up myself , but would that help on the current situation ?

I was thinking on Monster/AI Transport Farming situation, when we had Ai transports , they where written into the ROC, as an way to exploit the system, since it was to easy to gain points that way.

I consider those that have ranked up only on bombing points have been running on the very thin line of breaking the ROC.

3.1.9.D

Exploiting any bug or weakness in the DarkSpace Game System is forbidden.
This includes not only the exploits listed in section 3.3 of this document, Game Exploits, but also anything that clearly provides an advantage for some over others, and is not designed to be that way.

If many or all breaks the ROC, does it make it not wrong to do ?

Ok this is the dilemma, you cant just ban all that have bombing points , so an prestige adjustment I think is in place , easy way to remove any doubt is just to start from clean.

Zero out planet damage when next version gets on the table.

No need to respond, unless you have some valid points for not doing this.

LOVE the smell of human flesh in the morning smells like MVictory

Goto the website of Ragglock
Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2006-11-16 06:56   
I think this has been suggested a few times before and has been shot down every time. However i find that it has been shot down with lack of reasons behind that while the idea had a good bit of playerbase support.
I believe this is a good idea and therefor should happen, however if this will not be done, I think that we all deserve a good and solid explaination about why bombing did not get fixed on time and why the damage already done wont be fixed by this.

[ This Message was edited by: Sixkiller on 2006-11-16 06:58 ]

[2006] - Codex09
Admiral

Posted: 2006-11-16 07:32   
Well I personally wouldnt loose that much in planet damage but I think it is a good idea to reset the planet damage on everyones account back to 1000 that way everyon would keep their gold bomber badges..

Now I know that there are some people that play DS that have a high planet damage pres that don't continually go around flattening entire systems and it would be unfair to them to have their bombing pres reset, even if it was to 1000.

My guess however after saying this is that this will never happen and we can only hope that the next patch comes out before too much longer .

Anyway there are fixes to the problem right now and that is to stick with just the home planets and leave the rest once they have been bombed.

[ This Message was edited by: [AAF]Codex-127729{WIIKE} on 2006-11-20 04:54 ]

Drafell
Grand Admiral
Mythica

Posted: 2006-11-16 07:38   
Quote:

3.1.9.D

Exploiting any bug or weakness in the DarkSpace Game System is forbidden.
This includes not only the exploits listed in section 3.3 of this document, Game Exploits, but also anything that clearly provides an advantage for some over others, and is not designed to be that way.

The development team may not have intended bmombing to be so overpowered, but it is not a bug of weakness that is restricted to use by a select few. In essence, this is more of a feature of the current version.
Everyone has had the opportunity to take advantage of this gameplay feature and PaleStar is not in the business of punishing people for doing so - even if it was not part of the intended balance.

The one thing in DarkSpace that players can feel they own is their profiles. This is why it has never been part of the policy to change these profiles in any way except in extreme cases where players are found to be gaining an unfair advantage by cheating the system. Bombing is a core gameplay mechanic, so unforntunately any flaws do have a wide reaching impact.

Goto the website of Drafell
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-11-16 07:44   
It's up to the admins to decide on this situation, unfortunatly. Developers really have very little say on profiles, just in which direction the game goes. I personally don't believe a profile wide stat reduction to zero would be exactly what we want. I do however, believe that there should be something done, whether it involve some sexy mathamatics, or just a simple reduction in some specific profiles, I don't know, but I do believe that something should be done, as to not insult the time older players have put into the game.

All we developers can do is say we're going to fix it - and we are. But like I said above, these type of decisions are not made by the developers, they're made by the administrators, since they're the one's who oversee this community.

And this may come as a surprise to all of you, but I agree with Ragglock on the transport farming way of looking at this. Transport farming was not intended, and it wasn't a bug. Everyone could do it - just like this bombing 'bug', yet that was slated as against the RoC by the administrators. Admitidly, such a huge and integral part of the game shouldn't be put under such stern rules as to completly ban it - but I do believe there should be something done.

Having said all this, this type of topic has been discussed, and discussed again - over and over. It'll be up to the administrators whether or not they do something when 1.484 is released, or pior to that. Nothing will be done now though, since reducing stats would just mean they could go back out and do it again. We'll all see whether or not something is done when 1.484 is released.

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash *Jack* on 2006-11-16 07:48 ]

Smartin
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-11-16 07:45   
You make some very good pionts, but I am going to once again say this. It is not the players fault. We don't design the game or the ruels. We simply pay our fee to get in and then use what tools have been put in front of us. The problem is no one ever told anyone that bombing was against the ROC in way or form. Infact the position most palestar staff have tolds us is that it's part of the game and people should be able to play however they want.

With that said, the players aren't to blame. Sure they probably know what they are doing. In my opinion you can't tell them they are free to do something and then at a much latar date inform them that they have been breaking the ROC all this patch and are now going to be punished.

Personaly I will go either way for prestige reduction. I don't care if I am demoted back down a rank. Infact I wouldn't even care if I started at midi again, but thats just my view on it. A lot of people don't feel that way and will leave the game using the the arguments I gave you above.

I guess this decsion will most likely be in Big F.'s hands. Whatever way they go someone will be unhappy and ranting about it. You have a good idea and I am not against, but I just can't see it happening.

DarkSpace Community Website

Email Smartin
Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2006-11-16 07:57   
maybe reduce everyones planets damaged by 25%
seems fair to me

-Daedalus-
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-11-16 09:16   
Something else you need to look at. If you change everyone how many people will you tick off to the point they unsubscribe and leave the game. Correct me if I am wrong but more people = better does it not?

YIIMM
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-11-16 11:09   
Quote:

On 2006-11-16 09:16, bc796d (respect my authoraTAH) wrote:
Something else you need to look at. If you change everyone how many people will you tick off to the point they unsubscribe and leave the game. Correct me if I am wrong but more people = better does it not?

Depends on which people it gets rid of.

$wiss
Admiral

Posted: 2006-11-16 11:17   
Simple ratios could solve it.

(I'm just throwing numbers out really, not need to criticize.)

If Planets Damaged > 20*Ship Damaged: Reduce Planets Damaged by 85%

If Planets Damaged > 16*Ship Damaged: Reduce Planets Damaged by 72%

And So on and So on...

P.S. There weill always be those special circumstanaces, which would need, Higher up review

Legatus Immolation
Marshal

Posted: 2006-11-16 11:29   
nothings ever gona happen to peoples profiles on the bombing prestige no matter what you say.
i dont kno how making bombing prestige to 0 would affect me. Cause i Built/supplied/Combat my way just past admiral. and when i started to drop rank and died quite a bit i started bombing to make up the prestige loss. the total amount of construcion/supp/combat and bombing is about double prestige what i have now. so if u did reduce it to 0? would my prestige be basicly set to -189 ish.

People get affected in different ways. but this profile change will never happen rag.

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-11-16 11:44   
hey rag, long time no see, i completely agree with you except on 1 thing, Reset bombing pres to zero? uh no how bout 1K thats decent enough to not make players leave the game, however people who knew better will be affected alot and those who didnt know will not care XD. my 2 cents

Email GothThug {C?}
Rae
Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2006-11-16 12:46   
Quote:

On 2006-11-16 11:44, GothThug (on building strike) wrote:
hey rag, long time no see, i completely agree with you except on 1 thing, Reset bombing pres to zero? uh no how bout 1K thats decent enough to not make players leave the game, however people who knew better will be affected alot and those who didnt know will not care XD. my 2 cents

i must say i'm with GT on this one... that's one of the better ideas suggested i think anyways.. reset the bombing pres so everyone (that has it) maintains their gold bombing badge... after all, for those exploiters you might be losing pres, but hasn't it always been the badge that was the goal, so you can get better ships?

oh, btw.... good to see u Ragglock, you always managed to liven up the joint!

[ This Message was edited by: Rae on 2006-11-16 12:48 ]

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2006-11-16 13:30   
Quote:

On 2006-11-16 07:38, Drafell wrote:

...not a bug...more of a feature

I coudn't have said it better, Microsoft PR person #97432878

Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda)
Grand Admiral
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2006-11-16 14:10   
If there is a reset to 0...i will be taking my 10 bucks a month elsewhere. And I wouldnt be shocked to see that id be the only one.

Email Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda)   Goto the website of Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda)
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.024134 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR