Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Pirate Gate?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Pirate Gate?
Makani
Cadet

Posted: 2006-11-05 03:17   
So, I noticed this a while back but was too lazy to actually log in and post. I have no idea if anyone has noticed this before, because DS has no search function. I'm confused as to why, but oh well. Anyway, in distant orbit of a distant star that orbits Tripwik is the Pirate Gate. It's so far out it's hard to click on, since there is no point of reference near it. It's like Pluto in the Sol system.
Anyway, what does this gate do? I've entered it and I can change ships normally from it. The only benefit is the insta-port it gives you... you can't respawn from the Pirate Gate, but you can respawn at any friendly shipyard anywhere. Still, it's neutral-faction, and as far as I can tell nothing ever spawns from it.

[2006] - Codex09
Admiral

Posted: 2006-11-05 03:23   

Actually about a month or so ago there was an event with the pirates and I think but am not sure that they probably used it then.

I guess the MIR may also use it sometimes when they are in the MV.

Drafell
Grand Admiral
Mythica

Posted: 2006-11-05 05:17   
Spooky.

Goto the website of Drafell
Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2006-11-05 07:39   
hmm a lonely pirate gate just floating in the emptyness of space i woulder what it is used for?

Email Borgie
Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-11-05 09:45   
/me calls Mulder and Scully

Kanman
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2006-11-05 09:49   
I usually crack a WH from Earth to the Pirate Gate and can log 2 ships before the WH closes, which makes it possible to log 2 ships in under 2 min (the normal time it takes to log just 1 ship).

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2006-11-05 11:11   
I thought the name would kinda give it away.

you know

Pirate.

and then gate

Pirate. Gate.

Pirate. Gate.

Pirate. Gate.

Defintly used for the spawning of MIR, yeah.

Pirate. Gate...

Makani
Cadet

Posted: 2006-11-05 13:14   
Prepare for noobish question....

MIR?

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2006-11-05 13:15   
MIR are the reason the K'luth are in hooman space.

I think.

I've only seen 1 MIR ship in my DS time here, and well......fleets go boom from it.

Capt.picard
Admiral

Posted: 2006-11-05 14:17   
Quote:

On 2006-11-05 13:14, Makani wrote:
Prepare for noobish question....

MIR?

MIR/MI, stands for machine intelligence, a little like the Borg off star trek (except they don’t assimilate people), they all think the same, and they operate as one. Their ships are ultra uber good, and are very, very hard to kill (especially those pesky longhead dreads, worth the risk tho, lots of pres and they usually drop gud stuff). And ya, like fattie said, they are the reason that the kluth arrived in human space. I believe it says in the DS history that the k’luth refer to an enemy called the kraddax, it is also mentioned as the 100 headed guardian of their home world, you can work out from there that the kluth built the Mir, as an automated defence net, and then had them turn against them. But leaving that, try not to go looking for them, and if you do come across one, RUN! Hope this helps.

[ This Message was edited by: Capt.picard (ahhhh! so many bums!) on 2006-11-05 14:19 ]

proud commander of the Extractor "Tribble barge"

Legatus Immolation
Marshal

Posted: 2006-11-05 14:30   
if u didnt Kno unlike Gaifen (NPC's) Mir are played by Mods, if a admin like Shiger has a Mir spawn point active Mods are free to spawn Mir,s whenever they want.
Gaifen = computer controlled
Mir = Mod (human) controlled

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2006-11-05 15:17   
Quote:

On 2006-11-05 14:30, Airwolf wrote:
if u didnt Kno unlike Gaifen (NPC's) Mir are played by Mods, if a admin like Shiger has a Mir spawn point active Mods are free to spawn Mir,s whenever they want.

I'm pretty shure they could fly Gaifens if they wanted to >:o

Edward Rogen
Chief Marshal
Rogens Raiders

Posted: 2006-11-05 15:23   
Quote:

On 2006-11-05 15:17, Fattierob (x2 Bell Curve) wrote:
Quote:

On 2006-11-05 14:30, Airwolf wrote:

I'm pretty shure they could fly Gaifens if they wanted to >:o

Yar, You be wrong!

Drafell
Grand Admiral
Mythica

Posted: 2006-11-05 15:42   
Actually, the K'Luth did NOT create the MI. The MI predates the K'Luth as a spacefaring entity by about 4-5 thousand years. The reason the MI is so heavily enmeshed into the K'Luth psyche and mythology is because they have been engaged in active warfare for the last two thousand years.
This is far more than enough time for various aspects to take on a certain mythos and to be associated with deeply held beliefs.

As for the Pirate Gate, it is a remnant of a previously existing jumpgate network that existed before the Nicea system went nova and was used as part of the SFA's own Inner Core network, hence the association with pirate activity..

Goto the website of Drafell
Capt.picard
Admiral

Posted: 2006-11-05 16:01   
Quote:

On 2006-11-05 15:42, Drafell wrote:
Actually, the K'Luth did NOT create the MI. The MI predates the K'Luth as a spacefaring entity by about 4-5 thousand years. The reason the MI is so heavily enmeshed into the K'Luth psyche and mythology is because they have been engaged in active warfare for the last two thousand years.
This is far more than enough time for various aspects to take on a certain mythos and to be associated with deeply held beliefs.

kewl, if the k'luth have been at war with the MI for 2,000 or so years, why are they refered to as the guardian of keja? Is it because prior to this the MI had been protecting the K'luth, and then the k'luth turned against the MI or what? Sorry for lots of quetions but i get very interested in history, even if it is fictional history

Quote:

On 2006-11-05 15:42, Drafell wrote:
As for the Pirate Gate, it is a remnant of a previously existing jumpgate network that existed before the Nicea system went nova and was used as part of the SFA's own Inner Core network, hence the association with pirate activity..

also kewl, i guessed the reason for nicea disappearing was that it had gone nova (appart from the fact every one hated the system and wanted it removed) but had never heard any one say about that untill now.

[ This Message was edited by: Capt.picard (ahhhh! so many bums!) on 2006-11-05 16:07 ]

proud commander of the Extractor "Tribble barge"

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.021723 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR