Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Another perspective on stats
 Author Another perspective on stats
.spaivxx.
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-10-28 17:21   
Realizing that I never will have enough time to make main main DS acct into a top 10 profile or anything like that, I needed a way to accurately measure my performance against that of my peers. Those of you that know me know I am completely oblivious to prestige rankings and such, I play for fun. If prestige = money, it would be a different story.

Anyhow, my main problem is that I just dont get time to game, and when I do, the MV is dead. So I wont ever get a million pres or anything, but I still wanted to extract some statistical data, for my own evaluation of my playing.

Simple solution, take any stat and divide it by time played. this completely negates the advantage held by players who can sit at their PC 8 or more hours and play DS. There are a few players whom I compared my own stats to that had almost 10x more time played in than I do.

One player, who is still active, and near the very top of the player base, scored much lower than I did in both overall pres and ships damaged (the only two stats that I really am interested in) when his tremendous time played advantage had been equalized.

Keeping all of this anonymous, this particular player has tons more of every stat than me, but whne it is averaged out, I score a .0074 in Ships damaged divided by time played, whereas X playesr scores a .0059. His pres average was much closer to me, scoring a .0019 while I scored a .0021 .

Again, this idea is just so players who may not have unlimited amounts of free time can actually measure their performance. It allows one to really see the rate at which one gains points in game, uncluttered by the amount of time spent doing so.

Does this matter at all? No I guess. If I were a real DS geek, I guess it would matter a whole lot, and I would likely lobby for these to become additional profile stats/ ranking criteria.

Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2006-10-28 18:53   
Prestige Overall: .0163
Ships Damged: .0036
Resources Lost: .5658

Those are the only ones I really care about... I think Jack had something to compare things like ships damage vs kills & whatnot, that was always a good measurement... told whether you were earning your keep in a fight or just mooching the last shot.

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2006-10-28 19:26   
I'm pretty sure i'm one of those "gets kill stolen by every other person" player.

I don't know what kind of value those stastics would have, since every darkspace encounter is different then the last.

in theory, anyway.

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2006-10-29 01:17   
hmm for me it was a little worse..

overall :0.116
ship damage 0.02
res. lost : 1.624
ship damage per kill is 181.2

coeus just divide ship damage into kills

[ This Message was edited by: -=Borgie=-*P5* on 2006-10-29 01:46 ]

Email Borgie
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-10-29 05:56   
Why not just play more. They have more time, their reward is more prestige. That's how MMO's play - you CANNOT punish players for playing more than you - EVER. That's a VERY, OMFG, BAD business move. Players will play less because they gain the same amount of prestige than someone who plays for hours on end.

This will never - ever happen.

I rarely play. I only play when I know there's action, and I play for combat. My time played stat is significantly lower than anyone my rank, and for that, I know I'm a good player, and so should you.

Oh, and...

0.0081 damage baby.

(Odd, it re-posted the first part of my post twice...)

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash *Jack* on 2006-10-29 10:46 ]

Page created in 0.008559 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR