No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +6.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Fleet Storage
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Fleet Storage
Guyton (Angel of Death)
Marshal

Posted: 2006-10-26 21:24   
A Fleet Storage System which is selected at the ship select screen. Has stored credits(which withdrawl of credits accepted by fleet admins), and a Weapon storage which can save weapons for other members of the fleet to use. Weapons can also be at a "Selling" state at which setup by the person who puts a price on it then puts it in storage, for others to buy and credits used to buy the weapon goes to the player that has setup the sell.

I'm not to sure how the new factories will work with the weapons but here is some sort of example.

ICC with no K'luth AME drives. A Fleet member is looking for one last AME drive to use for his/her ship, and you happen to have it. You are extremely low on credits it just so happens the person needing it has tons. So you set the price at say about 70,000 credits which is enough for you. You set the price since you know this player needing the drive will not be online while you are, or whatever keeps you both from getting online at the same time. Now the AME drive is up for sell in the Fleet Storage. Now a private message has been sent to the members of your fleet in the forums stating: Fleet Storage-Player:[FS]Guyton, Selling:AME Drive $70,000. Now that the player has been alerted that the item is up for sell he/she goes and buy the item. Credits are sent to the player selling that item up for sell(taxed my fleet admins depends what tax meter is set).

Its only a suggestion for more fleet options.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-10-27 05:39   
We might be locking out cross faction tech so...

We tried the fleet treasury before, and it was incredibly buggy (I had 57 billion credits once upon a time). The code's still there, I just think they need to re-enable it, but that's not up to me

Russian Roulette with Muskets
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-10-27 10:10   
i dont realy see what that would ADD to the game except another bugnest.

Drafell
Grand Admiral
Mythica

Posted: 2006-10-27 12:06   
you will no logner be able to remove or ttrade devices under the new system. the ONLY way of upgrading a ship will be by orbiting a planet that is able to supply that particular upgrade.
Certain techs will be restricted to faction only, whereas some others might require a certain factions hub on the planet (K'Luth hub for AME/AMJD, UGTO Hub for PFE etc..).

Goto the website of Drafell
Guyton (Angel of Death)
Marshal

Posted: 2006-10-27 15:36   
some information i never heard of until now

Russian Roulette with Muskets
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-10-28 07:57   
i think amjd/ame's should be kluth only.

reason?

Hit and run is difficult if the enemy is as fast as you.

Axianda The Royal
Fleet Admiral
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2006-10-28 19:29   
yeah well if the enemy suddenly goes after you on the same speed think about this lil quote....

"life's a *insert rude remark* "

only natural that an enemy tries to get your tech and it should be possible at all times... how and how hard it will be is up to the devs.

- Axi

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-10-29 06:02   
Why should it be possible?

It's a game - in the interest of ballance, it might not be possible.

Axianda The Royal
Fleet Admiral
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2006-10-29 09:09   
Quote:

On 2006-10-29 06:02, BackSlash *Jack* wrote:
Why should it be possible?

It's a game - in the interest of ballance, it might not be possible.

true, somethings just HAVE to be specific for a faction but most things just need to be useable by all ppl... just make it insanely hard to get it... gives some more dimension to the game for collectors

nto saying UGTO/Kluth should be able to use shields but they should be able to use Railguns if they manage to salvage some.

- Axi

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-10-29 10:51   
Why? Railguns are intended for ICC use only because they use no energy.

What if K'luth got them?

And they decided to use them?

That would allow them to fire more of their other weapons because of the energy they save - therefor doing more damage.

Railguns are designed specificly for ICC use because they have very little energy usage, so they have more for their shields. Same reasons K'luth Psi cannons use more energy - because they do more damage, if you were to use them on ICC, it might be over powered (lots of defence, lots of damage), or it might totaly nerf the ships due to power usage.

Isn't it easier to just lock out the possibility all together and make it easier to ballance by locking faction technology?

That way we don't have to worry about one race becoming too powerful. If we tweak a weapon because it does too much damage if faciton A use it, and it's meant to be faction B's weapon, then faction B become underpowered, because their weapon got nerfed because faction A used it, and it wasn't designed for them.

Axianda The Royal
Fleet Admiral
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2006-10-29 19:22   
all that you say is true, however why not let em use it but make it extremely hard to get one... if you loose one it will leave a mark no pres loss can do.

maybe its a pain to implement but getting an edge on the others by actually accomplishing something like salvaging a enemy wep gives us something else as reward than Prestige.

could be a nice adition to the game although i can more than understand if its not implemented due to the balance difficulties.

- Axi

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-10-29 20:34   
One player, say me.
I get another account (not hard).

I SD it several times next to myself whilst play, or kill myself with my other ship.

I wait till I drop loot, and use it.

Far to easy to abuse that system...

And lets not forget, that there are those who will go that far.

I don't get why you wan't to use technology of another faction that wasn't designed for your use... It makes no sense.

[2006] - Codex09
Admiral

Posted: 2006-10-30 01:16   

From memory teh new upgrade system is a bit better than the one we are currently using, due to not having to wait for a factory to make the item I am after, it also removes that problem we have been having on earth where a new player logs in and either accidently scraps the star port or does it on purpose. Then we are left with nothing to use to upgrade the weapons on our ships.

AS for using other factions weapons/tech on our ships it is good to be able to do it if you want to but if the way forward means that it won't be able to happen then hey I am sure we will all get used to i very quickly.

Just a couple of questions though.

1). When the new patch happens will everyones current ship setups be removed from the garages?

I ask this because if they aren't then we will see the good old problem of some people that have ships with the cross faction tech etc running around with a little more power than others.

2). When a new ptach is installed does it reset anything at all? (Stats, the garage, the planets in the MV etc etc)?

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-10-30 04:28   
Garages will most deffinatly be reset, the MV will most probably be reset also.

No stats are ever reset, although, if we change one of the modifiers for stats, we might change everyone's stats globaly to compensate for the modifier being changed.

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-10-30 06:23   
if you change anyones pres make it the bombing pres that way we vets wont feel so inferior to these n00b Admirals, FA's and GA's -.-

Email GothThug {C?}
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.023454 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR