Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.8 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » my $0.02
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author my $0.02
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-10-22 07:13   
@Airwolf - MiRVing does not make you a strong player - it actually weakens players, and lures them into a false sense of security, ie - being good at what they do, and that they're amazingly good at it.

When 1.484 comes, those who used bombing for an easy revenue of prestige will be surprised at the difficulty, and the worst thing is, if you find ways to make it easier and do one-run-bombing-spree's, we will just change code to make it impossible again.

You see, those who spend all their time bombing, are going to be very, very, very poor at the game when it comes back down to what it should be - combat. They won't know how to fly properly, they won't know how to manage their energy, and they won't know how to fly against other combat pilots (skilled ones).

Everyone who has been taking the short and easy route will be slapped in the face hard in 1.484, think of that as their "just desert".

Kanman
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2006-10-22 10:32   
*Cheers Jack*

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2006-10-22 10:49   
well said jack, even know i enjoy fighting these guys who do nothing but bomb.. got a pharse that best describs them.... free combat press!

Email Borgie
Trix
Marshal

Posted: 2006-10-22 11:31   
lol borgie, i fully agree with you and jack, FREE PRES, cant wait for 1.484, gonna be a slaughter, same goes for you newbies that found out the ED is almost invincible, guess what next patch your cannon fooder, sure you may of gain some combat skill, but the ship you are useing is just doing as jack stated about the bombers,(lures them into a false sense of security). so ya your gonna die quick and fast

Smartin
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-10-22 12:25   
All is true of what Jack has said. It's just a matter of seeing 484 released. It sucks but I beginning to beleive that it wont be relased any time in the near future. We have been given dates of when its estimated to be done for over a year now. You never really understand the whole 2 weeks joke until you sit back and think about it.

Anyways I will continue to play and pay. I still love teh game and their are a lot of great players still here. I appreciate what the staff has done so far and am looking forward to the new patch when it becomes available for release. Whenever that might be.

Again for all you who keep saying all you need is your safe zone planets , then i see this safe zone doing just as much harm as good. We can't camp by your safe zone and if you refuse to recap and try to hold territory then you are giving up a majority of the game.

DarkSpace Community Website

Email Smartin
doda *EP5 no longer exception...*
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-10-22 12:29   
Well I agree that mirving has deterred many good players from playing ds. I mean whats the point when all your doing is just trying to protect massive systems, where each system like goes poof every hour. You cant really get any planets up because most mirvers dont even bother rebuilding their planets. So your left with the good few who build planets while 10s of people go nuking every hour. This quicky gets anoying when the planet you just spent half an hour on goes poof in a second dont you think .

So the best bet is to just wait this thing out. Let the mirvers go nuke empty planets. Hopefully eventually over time they will learn that mirving isnt such a good thing after all.

And lets wait for 1.484 in two weeks™

[ This Message was edited by: doda *P2* (the inactive noob) on 2006-10-22 12:32 ]

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-10-22 12:44   
Quote:

On 2006-10-22 12:25, Smartin(anti-slinki) wrote:
All is true of what Jack has said. It's just a matter of seeing 484 released. It sucks but I beginning to beleive that it wont be relased any time in the near future. We have been given dates of when its estimated to be done for over a year now. You never really understand the whole 2 weeks joke until you sit back and think about it.

Anyways I will continue to play and pay. I still love teh game and their are a lot of great players still here. I appreciate what the staff has done so far and am looking forward to the new patch when it becomes available for release. Whenever that might be.

Once Faustus has fixed the resourcer, me and Drafell can hammer out a lot of content. Faustus and Tael have a much deeper knowledge of C++ and the DarkSpace engine/content than me and Drafell do put together most probably, but me and Drafell are DarkSpace veterans that have played this game through many versions and know what works, and what doesn't, so this mixture can only do good.

Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2006-10-22 13:03   
@Jack, you both have stronger ties to UGTO. =P Just dont make it to where the UGTO are the Nazi's in WWII, riding in tanks, and the rest are the Polish.. On horses.

Other then that, Mirving everything is for cool kids who cant get laid.

Didnt I tell you they'd still complain, Shig?

Email Supertrooper
Smartin
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-10-22 14:01   
Quote:

Once Faustus has fixed the resourcer, me and Drafell can hammer out a lot of content. Faustus and Tael have a much deeper knowledge of C++ and the DarkSpace engine/content than me and Drafell do put together most probably, but me and Drafell are DarkSpace veterans that have played this game through many versions and know what works, and what doesn't, so this mixture can only do good.

I beleive it, and I don't deny you guys a veitran palyers with only good intentions. All I am saying is a lot of us are losing hope and would like to see some progression. I know people can say it's not knowledge for us to know and thats fine, but let us know something and lets see somthing.

DarkSpace Community Website

Email Smartin
Legatus Immolation
Marshal

Posted: 2006-10-22 17:32   
i do agree about 100% hardcore bombers who all they do is well bomb, will suck in combat, but a good 50% of mirvers dont Bomb ALL the time they do enjoy a bit o combat?
anywho i hope combat prestige is raised slightly..
gg all, im subbing for a month.

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-10-23 04:56   
yay, more planets for me to build -.- or not blast you mirv brats and yer quick pres atleast me leo and a few others work our tails off -.-

Email GothThug {C?}
Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2006-10-23 16:55   
Quote:

On 2006-10-22 17:32, Airwolf wrote:
i do agree about 100% hardcore bombers who all they do is well bomb, will suck in combat, but a good 50% of mirvers dont Bomb ALL the time they do enjoy a bit o combat?

Irony, thy name is idiot.

[Edit]Sorry, typed Air.Wolf & the censor changed it to that... *shrug*

[ This Message was edited by: Coeus [LG For Admin!] on 2006-10-23 16:56 ]

ICC Security Council Chief Enforcer

Email Coeus   Goto the website of Coeus
Bash
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-10-23 22:30   
Quote:

On 2006-10-23 16:55, Coeus [LG For Admin!] wrote:
Quote:

On 2006-10-22 17:32, Airwolf wrote:

Irony, thy name is idiot.

[Edit]Sorry, typed Air.Wolf & the censor changed it to that... *shrug*

[ This Message was edited by: Coeus [LG For Admin!] on 2006-10-23 16:56 ]

Lets not start anything coeus.
Keep the forum to the topic at hand.
01:38:43 Shigernafy: "never trust a brit with your website.."

This message brought to you by the Flying Coffin Foundation"

12:02:07 Doran: "and you never hear AI complaining about how dumb players are"

Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2006-10-23 22:46   
What? Everyone knows Air.Wolf is a forbidden word..

Email Supertrooper
Nemain
Cadet

Posted: 2006-10-23 22:53   
So... Even tho he didnt "intend" a flame war, it essentially turn into it anyway.
16:38:19 [-Merc-]Nemain: \"Faustus, you are my hero *hugs* lol\"
16:38:48 [Admin]Faustus: \"lol... thanks nemain\"

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.020604 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR