Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » my $0.02
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author my $0.02
Veronw
Marshal

Posted: 2006-10-21 11:38   
ok, just to clarrify, im not flaming anyone for doing anything inparticular.

IMHO i believe that the kluth who decide to mirv the crap out of ugto ought to stop and let them at least get back banards star, it is after all their modding system, not like they even bother to mirv u anymore.

plz dont treat this as a flaming opportunity, im just saying that at the rate ugto have been getting mirved, that, unless its happened already, the ugto will just build up sy clusters, and thats it. Or they might just get up and leave, which would be worse my far.

Plz plz plz, as an honorable player and comrade i am begging u to at least tone down the mirving, just a little.......

Veronw

Smartin
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-10-21 12:08   
Their are no rules about what planets can be mod planets. Infact now that shig setup the safe zones I don't think saying BS is our mod system is a safe arguement anymore. I agree tone down the mirving.

DarkSpace Community Website

Email Smartin
Kanman
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2006-10-21 12:10   
I dont build anything anymore. I have access to WHs to get where ever I want to go from Earth and so even SYs are meaningless. I say leave it all blank. let the enemy own it all. It doesnt matter. Its not like they GET anything for having all the planets. We have the Earth safezone and that's all we need. What difference does it make to have the front-line of battle at Sol rather than Ross 148 or tau Ceti or Groombridge. If they want to fight, they will find us on the front-line. If they want to bomb, they will have a hard time finding anywhere to hit anymore.

Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2006-10-21 12:47   
kanman, give me back my brains!

Leonide
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2006-10-21 15:00   
tone the mirving down you dorks, or i will be forced to.....shoot you!

captain of the ICC Assault Cruiser C.S.S. Sledgehammer

Email Leonide
Smartin
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-10-21 16:42   
Quote:

On 2006-10-21 12:10, Kanman *FC2* wrote:
I dont build anything anymore. I have access to WHs to get where ever I want to go from Earth and so even SYs are meaningless. I say leave it all blank. let the enemy own it all. It doesnt matter. Its not like they GET anything for having all the planets. We have the Earth safezone and that's all we need. What difference does it make to have the front-line of battle at Sol rather than Ross 148 or tau Ceti or Groombridge. If they want to fight, they will find us on the front-line. If they want to bomb, they will have a hard time finding anywhere to hit anymore.

This statement makes me sad. We are not allowed to camp safezone and you guys now feel no need to have any other planets....takes away from the game almost more then the mirving. Just my opinion though.

DarkSpace Community Website

Email Smartin
Guyton (Angel of Death)
Marshal

Posted: 2006-10-21 17:35   
Hmm....I think there is nothing much left of the game itself. Players leave by the weeks instead of the months and years. If the community continues to grow worse then there won't be a DarkSpace left. Instead of always focusing on the most negative features of the game, which seems to always drive people away. You guys can atleast come up with a "Solution" to these problems that the majority can agree upon. I have been here for 2 years and compaired to others that time isn't long at all, but I have seen a Community work out problems such as these. It doesn't even have to start with the entire community, just with the core players of each faction. Then everyone can come together to show what methods of gameplay can be changed. Not everyone is gonna accept the idea that everyone decides on yet it is a start. Darkspace isn't directly ruined by the way the game has its lag,bugs,unbalanced ships, and over use of the Mirv. It can really only truely be ruined by its player. For those who accept this game for was and for what it is now and thank the developers for their hard work. Then this message is to you alone not others who seek to destroy DarkSpace.

Nemain
Cadet

Posted: 2006-10-21 18:34   
@guyton:

People who want to mirv will mirv no matter how many of the "core" players come to an agreement. I personally agree with kan. You dont like to be mirved? It is a simple solution, nobody build anymore. You have your home planets to spawn better ships and a mod planet, so you dont need to really build anything, yet you can still have fun if you like combat.
16:38:19 [-Merc-]Nemain: \"Faustus, you are my hero *hugs* lol\"
16:38:48 [Admin]Faustus: \"lol... thanks nemain\"

Trix
Marshal

Posted: 2006-10-21 19:00   
wow guyton your one to talk, werent you in struve and sol today oct, 21 /06 nukeing planets,

Guyton (Angel of Death)
Marshal

Posted: 2006-10-21 19:05   
yes i was omg i think you were that poor guy struggling to keep up

Joe dirt
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-10-22 00:29   
heres the thing, luth nuke ugto, ugto nuke luth, icc nukes both, so its really pointless to try and place a blame on anyone side. personaly i think nuking could get toned down some but hey, if players are gonna nuke theres not much we can do about ...

[2006] - Codex09
Admiral

Posted: 2006-10-22 01:04   

You know it is sad that people are not playing the game in all the ways it can be played (combat, building etc etc).

the other day i think there was 6 or so people actually playing the game and out of those all but myself and one other person were out bombing everything they come across.

I personally have bombed myself but when i did I hav always come straight back and built on the planets that I bombed. I guess Kanman is right though if everyone that does build just stops building with a day there will be no more planets to mirv and the people that are doing it ALL of the time will have to find other ways of playing the game.

When i look at the ranking for planet damage and construction I see a few people who have very balanced stats for building and bombing, BUT I also see a few people that have stats that are way out of balance.

I can understand that some people dont like building and others cant fight but in the end I guess the only real thing that is happening is that by nt even trying to do other things but bombing it is destroying the game.

Look I know that I am not liked by many people and hey I really dont care, but I have always been a person that comes out and says what I am thinking and if by doing that in regard to the bombing even more people dont like me then I guess thats the way it is. Sometimes the truth hurts but I personally think it is better to be truthful with other people than to pretend that I dont think anything is wrong or whatever.

Legatus Immolation
Marshal

Posted: 2006-10-22 01:27   
same old same old.. i tell ya its a game, get over it who cares if some1 mirvs, mirv em back there are no rules in the gameplay, so dammit do what the hell u want at the end of the day were all fighting for prestige and or a better ship to be 1 of the strongest players, so stoop whinning and get killin. jeez do i have to resubb to kick u all back into gear?

Guyton (Angel of Death)
Marshal

Posted: 2006-10-22 01:57   
hey wolfy;p been a while

Olbaid
Admiral

Posted: 2006-10-22 03:19   
Codex, in reply to your statement that some people have unbalanced stats when it comes to bombing/building, i personaly believe that Darkspace is a teamwork based game. for example: 1 person might be doing all the bombing and someone else comes in to do the rebuilding, so i don't think that it is wrong in any way for people to simply continue doing what ever it is that they are best at.

Though i do think that the idea of just stoping all building is kinda ridiculous, i am sure there are still people out there willing to build up what they can for their pres/badges.

((...If Knowledge is Power...

...and Power Corrupts...

...Study hard and be Evil...))

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.022628 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR