No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +6.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Another few suggestions for the new version
 Author Another few suggestions for the new version
[2006] - Codex09
Admiral

Posted: 2006-10-14 20:02   
Ok well while playing in the MV yesterday and chatting to dion I/we came up with some ideas for the new version of DS.

The reasons for thinking of these were the fact that someone is one again turning off planet defences and are scrapping things, maybe it is just new players who dont really understand what they are doing.

Anyway here goes.

1). Put some code in that makes the info for the person who turns off planetary defences and other things show up when you either click on the building or when you put the mouse cursor over it

(eg. Earth Dome: Disbaled/turned off by jacktheripper @11223344)

Maybe even have the ability to put notes on the building or def or whatever so if ther is any problems with it you can leave a note for other people just incase they decide to turn it back on again.

2). Have the same sort of thing only have it attached to the planet for when things are scrapped.

(eg. Earth last 20 buildings scrapped:

UGTO Defence Base III - jacktheripper @11223344
UGTO Dome - jacktheripper @11223344

This might help to stop people from scrapping things and turning things off that they are not suposed to be turning off. Also as with the idea number 1 there could be a note option so that whoever can leave a message for the next people just incase there was a really good reason for needing to scrap things

these are just a couple of many of the ideas I have for DS and maybe they are just stupid ideas but at least I am trying to throw some ideas around for people to think about.

Also these should be conected to the planet and/or the building as the server msgs are there but they are only there for what 10 seconds until they either scroll off the screen or they fade away.

[ This Message was edited by: [3RAR]Codex-09.66.14{Slinki Battler} on 2006-10-14 22:41 ]

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-10-15 05:41   
Was planning on adding it for locked planets too, I just can't find the code for how the name is pulled, I'll have to wait till someone who knows the generic info to pull comes online.

Drafell
Grand Admiral
Mythica

Posted: 2006-10-15 07:05   
Name tagging for planet locks is on the to-do list, although compared to everything else, it is not an immediate priority.
Something that will likely be more useful in the interim is a chat filter that you can customise to show different levels of alerts. The basic mode will automaticly filter swear words. Enhanced modes should ideally enable you to toggle system or MV wide scrapping/invasion alerts, and be toggleable from the ingame F4 chat display.
Sadly, however, we really need to concentrate on getting the core game balanced before we can head into the undiscovered country.

[ This Message was edited by: Dr Drafell Moraxi on 2006-10-15 07:14 ]

Goto the website of Drafell
Ospolos
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-10-15 09:08   
Good to know

Bitopherous
1st Lieutenant

Posted: 2006-10-22 01:02   
Will there still be the whole "My fleet locked this planet, so only my fleet can unlock it" thing going on? And if there is, can you make it an option when locking a planet (is that even possible, I mean)? Its a bit annoying when someone goes ahead and locks a mod planet, and you'd like to unlock for some folks, and you cannot because you arent in [DEV] (damn those [DEV]s!)

Email Bitopherous
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-10-22 07:15   
That'd be handy... (an option to lock it for fleet or faction)... Deffinately something that needs to be done, just not sure if it's on a "needs to be done for 1.484" kind of level.

Ospolos
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-10-28 12:37   
Adding something to this current suggestion thread.

I know there are mods for this, but still:

Limit of 2 distress calls every 10seconds. Please.

Page created in 0.019663 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR