Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Fan Fiction » » {News Report} UGTO (10-8-06)
 Author {News Report} UGTO (10-8-06)
Kanman
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2006-10-08 21:34   
The Mystery of Yahoo:

UGTO High Command has received hundreds of thousands of letters from all over the majority of UGTO territory regarding the Lalande planet known as Yahoo. These questions come from all kinds of people, from school children to old stargazers. All the questions circle around one key issue: Why doesn’t Yahoo have a projected orbital path around the Lalande Star?

If only to stop the mail cluttering the already busy UGTO Headquarters, not just one but FIVE UGTO Science vessels have surveyed every tiny detail of Yahoo and after ten days of data collecting and four months of super-computer data crunching, answers are ready to be announced.

Yahoo is an Ice World. This is common knowledge among the citizens for the UGTO. The reason it is an ice world is because it isn’t a member of the Lalande planetary system. It is a drifter, which never had a star of its own. It is a simple a collection of debris from between the stars. This collection formed a planet-like ball of ice and rock, which we know as Yahoo, named so for its “ride fast through the known universe” path.

Yahoo’s path is actually quite interesting. It is on a grand tour of the part of space that we know as the MetaVerse. It is currently traveling towards Ross 148 at high speed. The pull of the Lalande system will curve its path slightly to the left and send it straight towards Tripwik. Passing by the Tripwik stars very closely on the right, it will again be whipped around to the left and straight towards the Oblivion Wormhole. The ENTIRE planet will pass through the Oblivion Wormhole and it will encounter the Ross 348 debris cloud nebula. This will greatly drag against the planet’s travel speed and slow it considerably, as well as gather a large amount of the debris nebula to thicken its atmosphere. It will curve at first into an unstable orbit around Ross 348 until it settles between Ross 10 and Ross 11. The extra sunlight and thicker atmosphere will convert the planet into an Arid planet, verging closely to being classified as a Terran.

Also, as an interesting tidbit of information from the scientists, A single shot at center of the dark side of Yahoo by a UGTO Heavy Chemical Laser, from a range of 200 Gus, will result in JUST enough force to move it slightly off path and actually swing it AROUND the left side of the oblivion wormhole and send it speeding faster than ever straight towards the Kluth Homeworld in the Sirius star system. Impact would occur in 20,000 Earth Years.

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-10-08 23:02   
wow nice report kan, but i dont think Faustus would let yahoo out of Lalande as its my favorite planet named after the website XD

Email GothThug {C?}
Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2006-10-09 08:20   
Nice kan I'd love to send it screaming at Sag Too bad none of us will be alive to see it go WHAM

ICC Security Council Chief Enforcer

Email Coeus   Goto the website of Coeus
Leonide
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2006-10-12 00:57   
20K years? i think kluth will have moved from Sag. i dunno though. that is a LONG time.

captain of the ICC Assault Cruiser C.S.S. Sledgehammer

Email Leonide
Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2006-10-12 03:57   
can we bomb it still?

Email Borgie
Page created in 0.009710 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR