- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +21.6 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Bizaro
15th - *Flash*
9th - Uziel Lt. Seraph

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » The Universe Today » » [Intelligence Report] Pirate Organization increasing...
 Author [Intelligence Report] Pirate Organization increasing...
Vice Chancellor Kitashiro
Grand Admiral
United Galactic Trade Organisation

Posted: 2006-09-07 17:07   
To: ICC Internal Security Headquarters

As we've been seeing such unprecedented cooperation between our factions since the arrival of the MIR forces, I figured I'd pass on the latest news out of UGTO intelligence; while not quite of the same urgency as the MIR invasion, it could weaken us at an inopportune time - and while normally I'm in favor of ICC being weakened, I don't want to see any more bloodshed than necessary, nor do I want the MIR to see this as an opportunity to wipe out Humanity.

Our reports have shown the Pirates organizing. While there have of course been various groups of Pirates in the past which were mildly organized, they haven't been coordinated as a whole since Robin McCormick - but I fear we may be seeing a resurgance of organization. Perhaps its all the hullabaloo with McCormick's stations reappearing after so many years lost; perhaps they are just trying to take advantage of us while we're distracted by the MIR and K'Luth.

Preliminary reports show they are intending to come together sometime around the middle of this month to try to strike a blow against us. Our agents report that they have plans to try to cut a swath across both our territories, gaining enough ground to both fortify their positions as well as take advantage of the manufacturing abilities on the captured planets - thus bolstering their forces further. I think they're betting that some of the younger and more disaffected of our populaces - not to mention our fleets - will come to their side during the fighting.

In the climate of sharing this report hopefully initiates, we would appreciate any return intelligence you might be willing to share.

Yours,
Vice Chancellor Kitashiro
UGTO High Command

Representative Lissierre
ICC Representative
Interstellar Cultural Confederation

Posted: 2006-09-08 01:02   
To: Vice Chancellor Kitashiro, UGTO High Command
From: Representative Lissierre, Interstellar Cultural Confederation

Greetings, Vice Chancellor. While I appreciate your attempting to assist the ICC, and receive your intelligence report warmly, I'd like to request you use a slightly more discreet channel; there are certain elements within our ranks which do not want there to be any cooperation between our organizations, regardless of the benefit to either side.

That said, I thank you for providing your intelligence and can corroborate all of it. In fact, our agents have provided an exact date, an improvement over your "mid-September" uncertainty. According to reports from our spy and surveillance network, the incursion date is set for September 19th. We have no data on specific times or exact targets, but it seems as if they're planning multiple staggered attacks on various strategic points of our defenses.

Our data indicates that they may have two different but complimentary strategies. First off, they will try to capture large swaths of space to give themselves a foothold and the ability to fend off any repelling forces. Secondly, they are also planning to capture - at best - or destroy - at worst - the major manufacturing points of our navies. This will not only give them the ability to bolster their own forces but also potentially neuter our own.

Currently we've detected no mention of plans to take on the K'Luth alien forces; we don't know why they're not equal opportunity pirates, but they apparently don't see any value in assaulting our psionic friends from afar. There also seems to be no discussion whatsoever of any worry about the MIR; hopefully this is just ignorance and not because of some arrangement with them (though that's doubtful, given what we've seen of the xenophobic MIR). Thus, we should be prepared for attacks of opportunity from both of our non-Human friends, though our intelligence on their role is limited for obvious reasons.

Feel free to contact me again if you have additional information or have any requests. Please use higher-security communication channels; too many eyes saw your last message, and we fear not only general unrest but potential internal insurrection.

Your Friend among Foes,
Rep. Lissierre
Allandre Lissierre was first elected the the Uaelas Planetary Council in 2258. Her successful program of social reforms led to an unexpected victory in 2268 when she was elected to the office of Deputy High Councillor for the ICC.

Page created in 0.004857 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR