No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +3.6 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » Actual Deleted Intro Qoute from Original Star Wars
 Author Actual Deleted Intro Qoute from Original Star Wars
Fatal Rocko Willis
Fleet Admiral
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2006-08-31 10:36   
"... and in the time of greatest despair,
there shall come a savior, and he shall
be known as The Son of the Suns."

~ Journal of the Whills, 3:127

Email Fatal Rocko Willis
Fatal Rocko Willis
Fleet Admiral
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2006-08-31 10:38   
OH and also the original Intro.. the "in a galaxy far, far away" was originally...

"A long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, an incredible adventure took place......"

Email Fatal Rocko Willis
NeoHermes (vigilance)
Cadet
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2006-08-31 10:47   
didn't think you'd be a star wars fan...

"Never argue with an idiot. He will lower you to his level and beat you with experience"- Unknown

Email NeoHermes (vigilance)   Goto the website of NeoHermes (vigilance)
Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2006-08-31 11:23   
The original Starwars movies were so much better because Lucas didnt have autonomoy. He had three Movie Studio Executives leaning over his shoulder and reigning him in and forcing changes.

When it came time for the prequels, Lucas didnt have anyone reigning him in and you can see just how bad his writing really is.

Email Tael
Kanman
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2006-08-31 12:23   
LOL Lucas pwned!

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-08-31 18:38   
i thought all 6 were good imo although the first 1 barely had any speaking parts, the 2nd one was just blaaaaah and the 3rd one was just very well written

Email GothThug {C?}
Fatal Rocko Willis
Fleet Admiral
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2006-08-31 22:11   
I actually have met Goerge Lucas since I grew up in the California Cental Valley where he made many of his famous movies... American Graffitti to name a early one... He actually is a great writter BUT as was said above...

He fought the motion picture execs to NOT be like them and becuase of that he had to make Lucas Films, LTD... He did not want to be like them and made the films on a very limited budget...

He made tons of money on the three original films and thought that was it... The the fans cried out and he re-released the remastered originals (which were the first true usage of digital anime for him).

Anyways these remastered originals were met with rave reveiws, claiming them better than the original prints so GL decided, with $$$ in his eyes, decided to make the prequels....

This, imho, is where he made his first MAJOR mistake. he should have made the next three movies which would have been #'s 7, 8, and 9. He should have made these while the original cast was still in thier movie prime.

Now if, and I say IF, he desides to make 7, 8 and 9 he will have to recast all of the original characters.... to do this would be like murdering Star Wars and all that which we hold dear...

Sorry for the rant but... oh well,

Rocko

Email Fatal Rocko Willis
Binks
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2006-08-31 23:54   
As a big Star Wars fan I feel I must address two things here...

1. George Lucas has said multiple times the there aren't a 7, 8, 9th Star Wars and will never be, so the idea of adding more on. while good on paper, wouldn't have turned out very well in the end...they would've been just like every other too sequeled movie where new enemies have to be developed which are magically more powerful than the old ones, by going back in time Star Wars was able to avoid that sequel cliche and I personally think that was a great idea.

2. I liked the prequels. Not "I kinda liked" or "I'm willing to accept" the prequels, I enjoyed them just as much as the original trilogy (which I saw before them btw). So when you claim the prequels were a mistake make sure to remember that there are people who enjoyed the prequels out there, unlike the impressions that are usually given of the prequels being universally disliked.