No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +5.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

15th - Rise

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » energy supp?
 Author energy supp?
Zepher
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-07-29 00:39   
was wondering if we could have some sort of energy supp beam innerchangable with the repair drones bays..... just a thought

Email Zepher
doda *EP5 no longer exception...*
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-07-29 09:24   
Hmmmm sounds like a good idea to me

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-07-29 11:25   
I can see it being used with say, an EAD, AD or Siphon to a level where the latter ships become unbelievably powerful (Think... A dread with A LOT of armor, A LOT of weapons, and an infinate supply of energy and ammo... That doesn't sit so well with me).

It's been baught up before, and it's been turned down many times before. It just doesn't fit into the game.

Zepher
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-08-03 03:22   
I'm not saying to have the 'energy support beam' to be overly powerful on the heavy supp and other reloader baring ships. but instead have it to where the ship carrying the beam has to use its own energy reserves to power the ship its supporting, so it will eventually have to stop to regain some of its own energy.

Now to solve the problem of the infinite energy I'd say each class of ships can have an X-amount of beams per ship like a frig can have a max of one beam supporting the frig, while the stations can have four beams supporting the station class of ships. and like the EAD since it is a dread can only have three beams supporting the EAD or will begin to over load the ship capacitors and cause damage to the ship, probably just system damage so that if the person wants to risk it they can have 6 on the EAD but would eventually cease to function.

It's not impossible to fit the beam into DS, I'm sure you just want to feel important with your infinite knowledge of ds and how something would never fit, and I would like to know back slash why you shoot down most half feasible ideas, instead of giving input on how to improve the idea.

Email Zepher
Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2006-08-03 04:08   
No Energy Sup Beam. As jack said, it just doesnt fit into darkspace. Something like this would be good for the Assault Class Dreads, or Battle Class Stations, and other then that, it would be useless. The Smaller Class-Ships almost never, if not never, run out of energy if flown right. Many pilots this version complain of power-loss, because they slap AMEs on the ship and go full speed mashing the space bar, expecting their Aux Gens to support the entire ships functions, that isnt how it works. I can fly any ship ship, except the Assault Class Dreads, and keep a stable energy level. If most pilots would learn better energy management, and which drives to use on certain ships, there wouldnt be a need for the 'Energy Sup'.

It isnt a bad Idea, I would probably want something like this, if there was a serious energy problem with all ships.

[ This Message was edited by: Crim the Swash Unbuckling Pirate on 2006-08-03 04:10 ]

Email Supertrooper
Smartin
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-08-03 10:34   
It's always good to see players looking for new ways to improve DS in my opinion, but I don't see this working. All I can see here is a way to make EAD's and Battle Stations overpowered. Like crim said if every ship had power issues then there might be a need for this. We should look for fixing our current problems now and implement new things in latar patches.

As far as calling Jack out for shooting down your/anyones idea. I don't that that Jack's soul purpose is to go through the beta discussion and to shoot down every idea he sees. I think he is just someone with a great wealth of knowledge of game developemnt and of Dark Space. Infact if you go through the forums you will see where Jack has agreed on a lot of issues on things that need to be changed or looked at. Be nice, were all working for the same goal here.

-Smartin-

DarkSpace Community Website

Email Smartin
Zepher
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-08-03 11:40   
you all are making it should like I want a energy support beam to be so powerful to support an EAD all by itself and keep and EAD full energy while button mashing.... glad you all don’t say the same thing about the reloaders, 'no the reloaders would never work they would simply make all ships impossible to kill since they can be supplied with a constant supply of ammo and armor repaired way to fast to kill anything'... because aren’t they generally the same thing. the reloaders no matter how many you have on an EAD or a BS will still take more damage than the all the reloaders put together can handle.

Make it where the beam supports what would amount to a aux generator per beam. Put a limit to how long the beam can be active. But please don’t just dismiss my idea as being rubbish and impossible

the bigger picture here is to make more badges, more ships, and at least try and make more moding of ships. if you look at the last few patches being able to switch one item for another is becoming less and less common. in the next patch not being able to switch out the CLs for PCs and disruptors for PCs will be only a thing of the past...

tell me how this energy beam is so impossible and unfeasible to the point that no matter how many time we try and alter it, it will never fit into DS.

or try and give your view on how this can be altered so its not overpowering.

Email Zepher
EDELWEISS
Captain

Posted: 2006-08-03 11:44   
Sounds like a reverse ELF beam...
Doesn't sound too difficult, but then again the ships don't seem to have huge energy problems in Beta (I can't test the assault ships :/ )

Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2006-08-03 15:45   
Quote:

It isnt bad Idea, I would probably want something like this, if there was a serious energy problem with all ships.

Never called it rubbish, or said it was impossible. I did say that there isnt realy a need for it. Your trying to turn it around to where all we're saying is that it's rubbish and your idea sucks, and we're not. An Energy Supply isnt a bad Idea, but almost no ships need something to reload it's energy. Why add something that isnt actualy needed?

Email Supertrooper
Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2006-08-03 19:41   
been kicked around before and the concept is actually still sitting on the shelf... other facets of the game take priority over adding something like this.

Email Tael
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-08-04 04:27   
Battle Station & supplies with aux beams = QST spam.

It isn't broken, so there's no need to fix it.

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash *Jack* on 2006-08-04 04:27 ]

Page created in 0.016889 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR