No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +7.0 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » The worst thing to happen to me ever (i think)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author The worst thing to happen to me ever (i think)
The Monty
Cadet

Posted: 2006-07-20 09:21   
My father just happens to be a diabetic, and, truely, its nothing all that impossing, we have had some scares where his blood sugar went totally out of whack, but that was from a diet he was trying, and gave up a week later after his blood sugar levels dropped dangerously low. Anyhow, Goth, if you have diabeties, or are at risk of contracting it, its not the end of the world, so dont emo on my shoes. Just watch the fast food and switch to 1% or skim..and lay off the candy bars and pop. Show a little restraint and you will barely even notice you have diabetes...unless you want to be a drama queen about it.

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-07-20 17:15   
Okay, im back...The Result is Blood Sugar=145...Blood Pressure 145/75....Heartbeat=103 BPS....Verdict=Type 1 Diabetes...im not really schooled on the types out there but i do know that this one is where you're dependent on sugar but im not sure

Email GothThug {C?}
Lord DowneyBUM (UK)
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-07-21 09:55   
In Type 1 diabetes the pancreas stops making insulin, and so the blood glucose remains high. This occurs because the immune system makes antibodies which destroy the insulin-making cells in the pancreas. It is not known why the immune system does this. Type 1 diabetes usually first develops in children or young adults.

Treatment to keep your blood glucose level as near normal as possible. You will need insulin injections for the rest of your life. Most people take 2-4 injections each day. There are various types of insulin and the one advised will be tailored to your needs. You should aim to eat a low fat, high fibre diet with plenty of starchy foods, fruit and vegetables. But, you will need to know how to balance the right amount of insulin for the amount of food that you eat. So, you will normally be given a lot of instruction and advice from a dietician and diabetes nurse.

hope that helps, there is a load of stuff on the net.

Goto the website of Lord DowneyBUM (UK)
FATAL TAXI *ADM*
Marshal

Posted: 2006-08-01 12:21   
Had to reply,
This is a "Soapbox" forum and its title states "anything not related to DS"
So Goth has every right. I know we flame him but he is a person. Here's my 2 cents Goth.
I am 41 and 6 years ago I gave up smoking, I have reduced my time in front of the PC (believe it or not ). I have adjusted my diet to the better side of nutrition. I have lost 15 pounds and maintained a 3 pound fluctation rule. I take fish oil and vitamins for what its worth. The point is too THINK... how long do you want to live? I may get hit by a truck tommorrow, but if the powers that be let me live as long as my body holds out, I want that body to hold out a long time.

And to counter what someone said about just talking shots and pills and maintaining your lifestyle, thats so wrong. Use the meds along with lifestyle changes. I expect to not be on any pills till I'm at least 60 or 70 if ever. They have their own sets of problems.

Like someone already said, dig down deep, gather that will power, ask for help from "the powers that be" and make those changes that will keep you around as long as possible.

Take Care,

Taxi

Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2006-08-01 12:46   
you know i dont think goth is the first person on DS that is talking about RL health issues on the DS forums, and it is in the right forums. Talks like that should be deleted or plain action taken against...

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.011771 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR