No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +6.9 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » The worst thing to happen to me ever (i think)
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author The worst thing to happen to me ever (i think)
GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-07-19 18:44   
6 months ago, i went to the hospital for acute pains in my head...now i've got acute pains where my pancreas is.....i know its not cancer but it might as well be I have the first signs of.....diabetes... high blood pressure...aches...pains and old wounds that never heal...like the recent cat scratch i have, High blood pressure...high glucose...etc

They've made me quit smoking (somewhat), They've put me on a diet...i cant eat anything thats high fat ya know....less sugar which means im switching to diet dr. pepper or 2% Milk/Chocolate milk....like i said i dont know if i have it but its preventive incase i do.....any suggestions?

[Edit] i have a very high sugar dependency...i've been drinking Dr. peppers...Chocolate Milk, Eating M&M's, Whoppers....Mcdonalds....KFC....plus i make my own brownies lol and i've been convincing myself i've gotta have sugar otherwise i'll just go insane but whateva...its not

[ This Message was edited by: Twisted GothThug {C?} on 2006-07-19 18:48 ]

Email GothThug {C?}
_x$witchBladex_ [1.480 Fanboy]
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-07-19 19:00   
Stop complaining about your life please...I honestly don't want to hear it.

~Switch

* [=TB=]Enterprise @39933 sent to Clan: "Thats a lie Switch, you'd never let anyone else drink rum if it were right there. You'd slip teh roofies in and start drinking it yourself and not even realize it."

-RevenG-

Raven Warriors

Posted: 2006-07-19 19:30   
Indeed.

-Smokey-
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-07-19 19:35   
why would u ask a community of "special" people for suggestions? go ask a doctor

Riley!
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2006-07-19 20:26   
you people are really mean.
if you dont have anything nice to say in your replies then perhaps you shouldnt post them in the first place as it does nobody any good, thanks!

NeoHermes (vigilance)
Cadet
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2006-07-19 20:54   
Seconded.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will lower you to his level and beat you with experience"- Unknown

Email NeoHermes (vigilance)   Goto the website of NeoHermes (vigilance)
Lux (Polaris)
Fleet Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2006-07-19 22:05   
Quote:

They've made me quit smoking (somewhat), They've put me on a diet...i cant eat anything thats high fat ya know....less sugar which means im switching to diet dr. pepper or 2% Milk/Chocolate milk....like i said i dont know if i have it but its preventive incase i do.....any suggestions?

[Edit] i have a very high sugar dependency...i've been drinking Dr. peppers...Chocolate Milk, Eating M&M's, Whoppers....Mcdonalds....KFC....plus i make my own brownies lol and i've been convincing myself i've gotta have sugar otherwise i'll just go insane but whateva...its not

[ This Message was edited by: Twisted GothThug {C?} on 2006-07-19 18:48 ]

Don't eat all those things anymore, then. Heh.

Loyal Admiral of the Interstellar Cultural Confederation Navy.
Senior Commander of the Raven Warriors, the ICC elite.
Captain of the Assault Dreadnaught \"Gungnir\"

Email Lux (Polaris)
GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-07-19 22:16   
blah, i was actually being serious

Email GothThug {C?}
Zepher
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-07-19 22:49   
most diabities can be prevented threw proper bodly heath... and ditto to what everyone else said 3, 2, 1 lock before this becomes another flame post.....

Email Zepher
Bitopherous
1st Lieutenant

Posted: 2006-07-19 22:54   
A lot of people go through life with diabetes; you're not the first, and you certainly will not be the last. It might be a slight lifestyle change for you, but if you think about it, you will realize that the other consequences could be worse. You'll be fine. Dig deep down, and use that vast reserve of willpower Im sure is hiding somewhere.

Email Bitopherous
Lord DowneyBUM (UK)
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-07-20 03:52   

This is one reason you now have diabetes.
Is it type one or type two,
If you just need to watch what you eat, its no bother, just needs common sense.
If you need insulin injections, again no real bother, if its managed properly.
Just keep an eye on your toes!!!!!
Diabetes is controllable, its no more aggro than any other long term conditions if managed sensibly.
Its not a life sentence.
The reason you have been asked to stop smoking is because it restricts the blood flow to your extremities. Therefore increasing the risk of bits falling off.

Goto the website of Lord DowneyBUM (UK)
!Lono! {Rogue Kluth}
Cadet

Posted: 2006-07-20 04:41   
Goth..all them things u eating dont help ur condition..if u are going to continue eating them..then dont ask for anymore suggestions..also.. diet soda dont mean crap..its just loaded with sugar..and 2% CHOCOLATE milk? try non fat or skim milk..no chocolate!

Stop smoking period..no more mcdonalds, or KFC or M&M's yes even the damn mini ones.

do what is right to take care of urself and ull be ok.

Goto the website of !Lono! {Rogue Kluth}
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-07-20 05:56   
Go see a doctor (in all seriousness). Like Downey said, it's nothing abolsutly life changing. You just need to manage what you eat if it's the lesser type, or have small injections, which is easy if managed properly.

For the time being, put a stop on sugary drinks and all foods that contain high amounts of sugar (dont totaly exclude it though). If you start feeling really, really bad then I'd go see a doctor about it.

When I was a tiny, ickle kid, I used to put tons of sugar on my cereal (I used to wake up before everyone else, so my parents never knew). When the whole diabete's scare thing came about, I started to worry, but I'm fine. You just need to realise where the problem is NOW and stop eating so many high sugar foods. Because, if you haven't got diabete's and you carry on eating the high sugar foods and such, then there's a chance you could still get it.

But still, go see a doctor about it. If you have got it, atleast you know the problem, and the doctor will help you, and you'll start to feel better. If you don't have it, it's a weight off your mind, and you can alter your diet NOW to prevent further scares in the future.

Leviatan
Cadet

Posted: 2006-07-20 06:08   
I myself drink atleast a liter or two of coke each day.. and eat fatty foods... I live my life the way I want it, I wouldnt like someone telling me what to eat and what not to eat... If you have diabetes, theres insulin injections to solve it and you can live pretty much normal again..

It's nothing life breaking, one of my friends has a really bad diabetes and he needs to measure his blood sugar level daily and inject himself with an appropiate amount of insulin..

I dont smoke or anything though, and I dont have diabetes myself, but I dont think you should worry about the little niches of being alive.

Just make sure you dont have a similar pyramid on your table like in the picture of my room below

[small][ This Message was edited by: Darksoldier *S1* on 2006-07-20 06:14 ][/small]

[ This Message was edited by: Darksoldier *S1* on 2006-07-22 02:29 ]

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-07-20 08:26   
nice darksoldier nice lol oh and my blood sugar before testing was 500 and last night it was 80 so i dont know whats goin on....im getting a proper test done today ^_^ so wish me luck ^^

Email GothThug {C?}
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.021461 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR