No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » bomb stat adjustment... yes or no? - By Supertrooper
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
 Author bomb stat adjustment... yes or no? - By Supertrooper
Starfist
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-06-18 17:56   
i say no,

and i'm not saying no just because i have a high bomb pres,

anybody that knew me in 1.480 always saw me in a command dread and i bombed through all the other versions, so no to a stat reduction,

ppl that bombed their way to high ranks will soon realize that with the coming version from my understanding will be more orianted to combat and since they have access to the larger ships with little to no combat experence will end up being cannon fodder to those that have earned the rank the right way.

rangar
Cadet

Posted: 2006-06-18 18:08   
*looks at jack's post and laughs*

i think backslash has hit it on the head. People who dont do it want to feel morally superior. but another question i have is why the hell would you WANT stat reduction.

newbs bomb to admiral.
admirals fly big ships.
admirals have no skill.
admirals die.
people who fought there way to admiral gain more pres.
everyone is happy...

Goth, Your my oneway ticket to GA

Bash
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-06-18 23:34   
i say no if my stat has to be changed then all the death from me bombing should be droped and i would be a FA then
01:38:43 Shigernafy: "never trust a brit with your website.."

This message brought to you by the Flying Coffin Foundation"

12:02:07 Doran: "and you never hear AI complaining about how dumb players are"

Leonide
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2006-06-19 01:25   
i vote no. all reasons were stated before, so i need not say anything now. and since .484 is gonna be combat-oriented anyway, i will be happy. that means i gain combat pres and suppy pres.

captain of the ICC Assault Cruiser C.S.S. Sledgehammer

Email Leonide
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-06-19 07:23   
Quote:

On 2006-06-18 18:08, rangar wrote:
*looks at jack's post and laughs*

i think backslash has hit it on the head. People who dont do it want to feel morally superior. but another question i have is why the hell would you WANT stat reduction.

The point is not that, but it is a factor. The major point is, some of us who worked hard to get FA/GA before 1.483 feel cheated slightly, because everyone's basicly been given a fast ticket to catch up to us, in a matter of DAYS, not months/years. It just feels like the honest players of the game have been given the royal shaft. We don't feel respected as older players anymore.

Some of us who worked hard WANT that stat reduction because we want them to be treated the exact same way we where. We want them to spend a year plus getting to GA, not a day plus.

shine
Cadet

Posted: 2006-06-19 11:50   
Quote:

On 2006-06-18 13:29, Borgie wrote:
personaly if i could have my bombing stat lowered as well of the resourse lost and planet colletions adjusted i would be all for it. but unfortanly there are 90% of the newer players have no decent stat to save em and most would be demoted back to 1 ra . since that isn't [pssable i started a new account so i can earn admiral with out nuking my way up to it, and so far its been really fun, more fun than nuking my way up there.

but as if i got to vote for it i would vote no, since we need the bomb whores since hell next patch there gonna be target practice

Agreed....take away my bombing points, but take away the resouces lost due to planet crashes and cheating UGTO's...As kluth, if I need to gain 300 prestige, I lose prestige building, could sit around hours on end waiting to resupply, chance losing even more prestige in combat, or bomb a few planets and get on with whatever I was doing(neutroning building.) I vote no, but either way, makes no difference to me....I will just love to start combat next version to get the prestige back.....btw, for those of you who don't know, I was playing since release...and am only barely FA(took 2 years off) and am happy with barely being FA till patch.

[ This Message was edited by: shine on 2006-06-19 12:04 ]

Nothing to see here...move along.

Email shine
Arven
2nd Rear Admiral

Posted: 2006-06-19 15:24   
I think someone said the next version is going to make it alot tougher to bomb planets which is exactly what needs to be done. A single person should never be able to solo bomb a planet and get away with it. the planet should be strong enough to destroy 1 incoming person with a bunch of bombs floating beside of him. To be honest it should take several people to bomb a planet and take it over and thats exactly what I would like to see happen. Regardless of what the bombers think, this is not a solo game. it should require team work to take over a planet. As it stands right now, when there are 3 or 4 planets shooting at you, the bomber needs (1) other person to distract while he bombs. thats still not what I would consider a "team" effort. I guess all Faustus really needs to do is decide how many should be considered a "team" to take a planet and adjust accordingly.

Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2006-06-19 15:33   
what jack said, i have 8 k bombing pres, if that got reduced to 2k for me, and other people lost as well, i wouldnt mind, i would actually like it

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-06-19 15:53   
Shine, I remember your profile when you came back to 1.483... You had no where near FA. Don't know what you're trying to pull...

I think the whole idea that was going on (or that Tael was thinking of when he said he was thinking of a stat reduction), was doing a search of the DB for people who's planets damaged exeded, or where very close to their total prestige (or just way out of propotion), and then reducing that to a level that was deemed exceptable.

I think those who want less resources lost because they bombed, should realise that what they're doing isn't exactly fair or clever, and perhaps should of stopped what they were doing. Doing something quickly, and not doing it properly is always going to have conciquences, and if there's a stat reduction (which I hope there is), I hope that's your conciquence.

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash *SL3* on 2006-06-19 15:56 ]

shine
Cadet

Posted: 2006-06-19 17:32   
Again, I don't really care...I'll work it back up either way. I was an admiral(or at least extremely close to it) when I came back and that was like a year or so ago =) I like how my building stats keep getting lower and lower even though I spend most time in MV building =) Partially my fault due to not wanting to spend 4-5 hours building 1 planet.

[ This Message was edited by: shine on 2006-06-19 17:47 ]

Nothing to see here...move along.

Email shine
Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2006-06-19 17:32   
If there WAS to be a stat reduction it would have to be something that was done comparitively - with joined date & time played considered along with planets damaged. That way people who earned their bombing stats in the old days wouldn't be affected, or would barely be. A fairly safe bet would be to say that anyone who joined after 483 was released that has disproportionate bombing stats would be a prime target, but like I said - time played & date joined should be considered.

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
rangar
Cadet

Posted: 2006-06-19 18:40   
honestly, darkspace doesnt have enough players.

For those that live in the US or close, they have a good chance of being able to fight. but for those that live on the other side of the world, they have to get up real early or stay up late to get any combat usually, unless its on the weekend.

For example, last night i spent 4 hours on UGTO on my own, unable to do anything, because there were 4kluth and 4 icc on. what did i do? long jumped to andosia and bombed there. because there was NOTHING else to do.
for those of you that think the fun is in fighting 4 scales/mandy's on your own, in a TC, you need your heads checked. it isnt.

If darkspace was to adjust stats, they would lose even more people, and i doubt DS could run if there was 50 people left.

Wait till next version. Those who bombed/built there way to admiral+ will take a beating, and all you who did it the slow way will get more pres.

Goth, Your my oneway ticket to GA

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-06-19 21:16   
Shine i understand where yer comin from, however, if you want an effective planet you have to do it right or they'll bomb it and you'll have to Redo the assignment kinda like school if you dont do it right the first time you'll have to take yer time find out what you did wrong and do it again sure its time consuming but you'll get the hang of it by the way, speed building makes you lose prestige slow building makes you gain it faster ^^

Email GothThug {C?}
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Page created in 0.024092 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR