No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » bomb stat adjustment... yes or no? - By Supertrooper
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author bomb stat adjustment... yes or no? - By Supertrooper
GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-06-18 09:58   
Crim, they should have thought about that in the first place, instead of ranking up quickly just to get that nifty station or that EAD/AD/Siphon but no they want to do things the easy way like bombing oh my god....-.- however, there would be a great DS walkout if that ever occurs......Building/combat/suppy is the way to go but dont expect that to happen in the near future -.-

Email GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral Busby
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-06-18 10:12   
Exscue me? no i vote no what the hell are yall thinking o ahh he bomb whore o ahh hes so bad.. WTF are yall thinking really yall should just go out back and shoot your selfs Bombing is ppls ways of haveing Fun so what if that persn Mirvs thats just plain stupid maybe we bomb beucase not many ppl play at night ???? and theres nothing to do what do you want us to do then HUH? omg yall make me freaking sick for even comeing up with this Thread and Goththug i hope you get banned again.

[ This Message was edited by: Evil Lol on 2006-06-18 10:19 ]

Smartin
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-06-18 10:21   
Its not the players responsabilty to develope the game nor is it the players responsabilty to create rules against bombing. Its not the players fault for bombing. Yes maybe someone told them that its not like what it use to be or correct but there were no rules against bombing. I beleive its been said in every post so far thats been created about this that there wont be a roll back or adjustment. It would be unfair to the players. If they knew it was this bad they have had plenty of times to create a rule on this.

Aslo like to point out that Dragonterro is right. Sometimes there is no on one on the MV. I have been on by myself many many times. All there is to do is bomb and build. I am not saying you should mirv everyplanet but its true. If there are only lets say 5 really active kluth players I would imagine there bombing woiuld be pretty high cause there the only 5 taking systems.

No matter what happens I look forward to you all shooting me for many years to come.

-Smartin-

DarkSpace Community Website

Email Smartin
Dragonterro
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-06-18 11:14   
yes to the beginnig about 16k ive mirved but nobody tells me its buged and give to mush prestige but then many saying mirving is bad so i switch to neutrons. and when bombings set back then to all players.not only a few.

Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2006-06-18 11:16   
To be perfectly honest at this point it would do more harm than good. It would be closing the barn doors after the horses have gotten out mated raised kids and learned how to build their own barn.

The damage has been done, the people who bombwhored their way up to rank know they've done it and A) will vote no 'cause they'd be demoted and B) They may very well be the majority at this point with so many vets leaving.

Resetting or even tweaking bomb stats now would drive more people off now, and newbies they may be we need them.

As much as it pains me and I'd like to see every bombnewb smacked against a planet repetedly until they have to be careful flying a frigate less they be demoted I have to vote no - it'd be too harmful to the community. Damage is done, newbs got their rank, they'll lose it in next version when combat is rough & tumble and bombing takes skill teamwork and experience.

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
SolBianca
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2006-06-18 12:10   
Is it against the ROC to bomb whore you way to Grand Admiral? Adjusting stats after the fact is bad regardless if you feel a person was a bomb whore or not. Why should they get penalized for something you find morally objectable with and the game allows in terms of gaining prestige?

So what if a newb is running around in a BS or CD with all that newly gained prestige, sooner or later he will run into a fleet of veteran pilots that will quickly take him down a notch or two when he starts to loose those really nice ships and prestige as well.

Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2006-06-18 12:46   
The one problem with that is that they're just gonna bomb their way back up till its fixed... should have been hotfixed as soon as it was discovered =

TroyMars
Chief Marshal
T-Roy! and Friends

Posted: 2006-06-18 13:20   
all of you have forgotten the key part of RPG's some roles are bad, some roles are good all depends on the player... so we cant roll back the 'bad' players stats just because they are playing a 'bad' role in the game. and OMFG with in the next 5 post someone will mention my bombing... have at it slash or goth....

Email TroyMars
Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2006-06-18 13:29   
personaly if i could have my bombing stat lowered as well of the resourse lost and planet colletions adjusted i would be all for it. but unfortanly there are 90% of the newer players have no decent stat to save em and most would be demoted back to 1 ra . since that isn't [pssable i started a new account so i can earn admiral with out nuking my way up to it, and so far its been really fun, more fun than nuking my way up there.

but as if i got to vote for it i would vote no, since we need the bomb whores since hell next patch there gonna be target practice

Email Borgie
Ragglock
Marshal
BIOnics Industry Syndicate

Posted: 2006-06-18 13:56   
who cares

whats the point of this

like in all aspects of life some select to do one thing only, some Ds players i know do mostly one thing to be good at that .

if we start to ajust status from something becaus its to (easy)

néxt thing we can look at is how easy you can gain prestige by flying surply only ,see my point ?

LOVE the smell of human flesh in the morning smells like MVictory

Goto the website of Ragglock
DOM700 [-IMO-]
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-06-18 14:00   
Thanks @Smartin for saying just what I meant, but in a better way

Never forget what you fight for
I have earned my betatester badge for being part of the open beta

Email DOM700 [-IMO-]   Goto the website of DOM700 [-IMO-]
-RevenG-

Raven Warriors

Posted: 2006-06-18 14:13   
You know, if you don't adjust the bomb stat. it means easy Dread kills =P I actually don't care. Doesn't really effect me.

Crim
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2006-06-18 14:36   
Quote:

On 2006-06-18 09:58, Killer GothThug{C?} wrote:
Crim, they should have thought about that in the first place, instead of ranking up quickly just to get that nifty station or that EAD/AD/Siphon but no they want to do things the easy way like bombing oh my god....-.- however, there would be a great DS walkout if that ever occurs......Building/combat/suppy is the way to go but dont expect that to happen in the near future -.-

Most of them joined this version. They never knew that it was hard before, they just knew it was an easy and fun way to get prestige. They did nothing wrong.

$yTHe {C?}
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2006-06-18 15:23   
I would have to say no, for a few reasons. First of all, this is mostly just a ploy by the hypocritical do-gooders to give themselves some moral high-ground from whence to look down on all of us. Barf.

Second, there are players that actually worked really hard for their uber bombing stat. KC and Switchblade come to mind. It would be incredibly unfair to people that worked their arses off for such an achievement.

Finally, so what that people power-leveled their way up to ranks. As a matter of fact, good for them. They took advantage of an oppurtunity that the rest of you consider yourselves too righteous to take advantage of. Oh well.

*Edit* Lol... can you please switch up your sig? It's a bit irritating to scroll down super far because of it. Cheers.

[ This Message was edited by: $yTHe {Go Czechs!} on 2006-06-18 15:27 ]

Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2006-06-18 17:20   
Quote:

On 2006-06-18 13:20, Troy Mars wrote:
all of you have forgotten the key part of RPG's some roles are bad, some roles are good all depends on the player... so we cant roll back the 'bad' players stats just because they are playing a 'bad' role in the game. and OMFG with in the next 5 post someone will mention my bombing... have at it slash or goth....

Not quite - its not that the role is good or bad, its that bombing itself is quite literally bugged, as is proven by the fact that it is changed in 484. The question put forth (by the person accurately described above) is that when that change occurs should the people that abused this bug be treated like those who abused the slot bug & whatnot...

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.034994 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR