No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Remembering how good DS was
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author Remembering how good DS was
GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-06-15 23:33   
I remember when i first came here back in October of 2002 this game was still in its infantcy does anyone remember when they first came to this game and combat was fun? i do, i think of nothing else.....

Now we bring you too 1.483: Combat is almost non-existent, Construction is priorty Number 2. Bombing is priorty number 1 and supply is....well you get the picture. I direct you to the beta forum for this topic Remembering Darkspace on how it was

it is a petition to have combat restored back too 1.480 values just the combat not the bugs 480 had this game used to be fun now its all construction, destruction and piddly combat prestige.

For someone like me this game brought fun back into my life, Combat was easy to get and around the time i had admiral i'd have 1K bombing prestige, 4K Construction, 3K Suppy, 2K planets capped and 25K combat prestige, now its the opposite

20K construction
1.2K Combat
1K suppy
340 Planets capped
5600 Planets damaged

thats me in a nutshell now for someone like say Fluffy bunny? he has 56K bombing prestige, borgie who has 36K bombing pres but im not flamming im just disappointed in how this game went and it brings tears to my eyes on all the forum threads i read on how this game progressed or Regressed and well i wish we had 1.480 combat values back thats just my one complaint and one wish that we had back 1.480 combat

thanx

Email GothThug {C?}
Jaydawg
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2006-06-15 23:37   
This is never going to be restored back to 1.480, even if it was glorious.

Sorry this has come up SO many times.

Email Jaydawg   Goto the website of Jaydawg
GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-06-15 23:38   
wouldnt hurt too try man, i mean 1.480 combat was da bomb no reason he shouldnt bring it back ^^

Email GothThug {C?}
TroyMars
Chief Marshal
T-Roy! and Friends

Posted: 2006-06-16 00:24   
okay you seem so freely to mention borgies 36k bombing but not his 15k construction. also remember this is an RPG... role playing game... and guess what some roles are the 'bad guy' like the bomber whores. they get the blood pumping with anger to want to kill them a million times over so there stats are reduced. but above all remember this is a RPG...

Email TroyMars
GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-06-16 00:26   
i could mention your horrendous 27K bombing pres but i wont ^^ doesnt matter man damage is done

Email GothThug {C?}
KanaDIEn ^_^
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-06-16 00:32   
thinking of 1.480 brings a tear to my eye :'(

Email KanaDIEn ^_^
GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-06-16 00:33   
aww kan! *hugs* dont cry man, this game can still be saved! bring back 1.480 COMBAT! not the bugs it came with

Email GothThug {C?}
Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2006-06-16 00:50   
was some nice combat tough yesterday kan:)

Lunatiq
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2006-06-16 01:14   
I do miss jumping my station into a crowd of planet hugging uggies and self destructing

Those were the days

I love the upgrades, don't get me wrong. I think the system is much smoother. But lag still exists. And the ranks have dwindled. The last beta post was months ago. The last "Latest News" was in April.

If I had a magic wand I'd give Faustus brand new servers and unlimited bandwidth for free.

Crim
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2006-06-16 01:14   
Hey Goth, Instead of harrasing people about their Bombing prestige, you can talk about how combat was fun! Exciting, how K'luth ECM forts where insane to bomb. You said you wherent flaming people goth, but it sure seems like it.

Antdizzle

Posted: 2006-06-16 01:18   
and yet we all played it. unlike now, where I just check to see if it has come back or not, ready to hit that sub button, but maybe its not meant to be.

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-06-16 01:51   
Combat was fun back in the day and it took a FLEET to bomb ECM forts and what not but yeah this is just a plea to bring back the combat of old for a new dawn o/

Email GothThug {C?}
Lux (Polaris)
Fleet Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2006-06-16 02:22   
Wtf....Goth used comparatively good grammer, spelling, AND spaced his sentences. Wow.

Anyways, this has come up many times before, as someone said. The reason it can't be reverted is because they completely changed the original code or something? I remember a mod explaining it once.

But yeah, it was a great time back then, and we all know it. We also know that you cannot simply roll-back the patches. Oh well.

And on another note, Crimson seems to have a point. you know, you could just talk about how it used to be a really good game and not mention other's huge bombing pres at all, or how it 'brings tears to your eyes'.

So yeah.

[ This Message was edited by: Polaris {Bankai!} on 2006-06-16 02:23 ]

Loyal Admiral of the Interstellar Cultural Confederation Navy.
Senior Commander of the Raven Warriors, the ICC elite.
Captain of the Assault Dreadnaught \"Gungnir\"

Email Lux (Polaris)
Joe dirt
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-06-16 02:48   
its funny my name gets brought up when ever a bomb whore gets brought up, but this bomb whore can just about anyone in a solo fight and one thing i always stated since my first time being called a bomb whore, 1 get out and defend your space, 2 build better planets. i mean when you see a planet 32 building and 5 def, that planet has a sign on it saying nuke me...

besides that 36k bombing is over 10 months of play, 15k of that in my first month which alot of people will back that up, now when you see me in a bomber im nueting planets back insted of nuking since hell im tired of building
thats just my 2 cents on this matter

Lacrosseian
Fleet Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2006-06-16 03:31   

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.023541 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR