No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +6.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » Haha! 3 Years!
 Author Haha! 3 Years!
Axalon
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2006-06-15 19:01   
Well, after consistently forgetting my past two DS birthdays, I finally remembered one!

***WARNING: Long-ass reminiscence ahead. If your attention span is equal to AdmBito's ability to miss planets, I suggest you just hit reply and post "Happy 3rd!" and pretend you read it all.***

I remember when I joined. It was in the 1.480 days, back when you didn't have these pesky shipyards, having stations in Admiral was actually plausible, an Fleet Admiral was as high as you can go.

I remember when I first discovered the jump key, and I was like "ZOMG WARPSPEED!" like the rest of the n00bs. I played a bunch, and was a happy camper, until I subscribed and found out that selling your ship parts for credits was bad and I ended up with -700 pres. I was too stubborn to reset my account, so I just worked my way out of that hole.

Warp a little later, it was 1.481, and I had gotten to the rank of captain and already had an affinity of getting pres SLOWLY. I finally got to the rank of 2RA and was like "OMG LIEK CARRIERDREADZ0RZ!" and basically used the Carrier Dread forever and ever.

1.482 came along and this was what I considered a high point for UGTO in the MV. This was when UEPG was, like, active and we actually had, you know, action. I contributed the way I could (by lagging out the enemy! Hooray for antiquated 3D engines!) and got up to 1RA, where I was like "OMG BATTLEDREADZ0RZ!" and started using the BD. I by then was semi-well known and, you know, people would say "hi". My favorite memory was that someone (the name escapes me) asked me to go get in my station. I had said that I was only a 1RA, and the person was shocked, because I was apparently good at combat. Go figure.

I then one day found a group of three guys off in the corner of the map with the clan tag "[BK]" and I whispered to them something along the lines of "Doing some clan ops? ". They then invited me to join in and help and together we sigle-handedly took back the entire Struve system. Good times. The clan [BK] has since disbanded, though it is back now as [ICARUS], with about 6 times as many members.

I guess sometime between 1.482 and 1.483 I bagan to get bored of the game seeing as the MV was devoid of action. I could have gone the route of many and just mirved the whole thing and make FA, but bombing was never very exciting to me and I wanted to get the rank fair and square. This has caused me to stagnate at my current if-I-was-subbed rank of VA, but I was content like this (scratch that. BDs are now Admiral. Must resub.).

Nowadays I just lurk around the forums, occasionally inserting a witty remark here and there and advocating NVidia and alternative OS's. Oh, bashing Backy and his, ahem, "liberal" computer budget is fun too (I'm just jealous here with my circa 2001 computer ).

And that's my story. If you actually read all that, I suggest you go outside, because if you have nothing better to do than read this, you need some hobbies. Actually, scratch that. Stay inside. Go into the MV. It wants you.

[ This Message was edited by: Axalon on 2006-06-15 19:02 ]

Email Axalon
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-06-15 19:12   
Circa 2020 bish!

Glad I could take the trip with you!

Here's to seeing 3 years of you

*raises a graphics ca...

*raises a glass*

- Jack

p.s. Nvidia suck!

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash *SL3* on 2006-06-15 19:13 ]

Lacrosseian
Fleet Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2006-06-15 19:14   
Happy 1st 2nd and 3rd, and heres to a 4th

Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2006-06-15 19:29   
Cheers mate!

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Ramius
Fleet Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2006-06-15 20:41   
Get to 4 years, noob.

Email Ramius
Jammy Pajamies
Admiral

Posted: 2006-06-15 21:04   
happy happy birthday,to you! XD

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-06-15 21:47   
happy birthday Axeh! oh by the way dont waste yer time with the battle dread its just gigantic floating target box ^^

Email GothThug {C?}
-RevenG-

Raven Warriors

Posted: 2006-06-15 23:45   
Happy 3rd mate!

Seamus Rooke
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2006-06-16 00:02   
happy 3rd!

Maskerade
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-06-16 00:15   
here's to 3 more *cheers*

Page created in 0.359181 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR