No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Nim{trainer} stupid tractoring
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
 Author Nim{trainer} stupid tractoring
!Lono! {Rogue Kluth}
Cadet

Posted: 2006-05-31 17:28   
Quote:

On 2006-05-31 08:43, Drone 1 of 6 wrote:
well think about it like this in space you keep moving untill you stop your self or hit something, so a little push from a tractor beam would be just enough force to send ya in to a planet. just like how tug boats tow massive us naval ships in and out of port ..

Well as i see it..in space its totally different from the ocean..where tugboats have the friction of the water to help propel it..in space sumthing that massive would make the scout move itself away or towards it with a tractor. sumthing like a grappling hook ..oh and it would take more then ONE tugboat to move that massive ship.... so i again ask how can a LONE scout move a station?

Goto the website of !Lono! {Rogue Kluth}
Tellaris
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-05-31 17:39   
You said it yourself, no friction. And in reality, the scout would have gravity aiding it. All it takes is a minor push or pull, to put a ship out of orbit. While naturally, it would just degrade, depending on how far from the orbital path it was pushed.

And you are talking realism in this game? DARKSPACE?
Come on. Starbases are bigger then some PLANETS. Realism isn't a factor here.

Additionally, Tractor scouting is an Excellent way to remove annoying hostiles that try to invade your planets. Especially if they are in orbit of said planet, and you happen to not have any reinforcements available...

And as for Josef, well hes the tractor legend around here. When he played, he would spend whole games in FA pushing whoever he could find into planets. Especially engineers. Starbases too, if he could catch one.

[ This Message was edited by: Tellaris on 2006-05-31 17:41 ]

!Lono! {Rogue Kluth}
Cadet

Posted: 2006-05-31 21:51   
/me steps out of space station and pushes it into a planet.

wow lookie i have gravity on my side. pffft.. i dont care how much u guys back the tractoring scout..its wrong for a scout to push anything the size of a station. stop the insanity.

Goto the website of !Lono! {Rogue Kluth}
Bash
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-05-31 22:29   
Quote:

On 2006-05-31 16:07, Twisted GothThug {C?} wrote:
wow, then $ythe did break the RoC 2 weeks ago when he tractored me into Ross 4 hmm both of us UGTO at the time and $ythe was drunk as a skunk lol i should have that death removed too lol

Ok your point is?

The nexts patch will fix alot of things so dont worry and icc cant build planets right i've seen them. New players should first learn in newb or admiral sever. Then come to mv and screw the planets up.
01:38:43 Shigernafy: "never trust a brit with your website.."

This message brought to you by the Flying Coffin Foundation"

12:02:07 Doran: "and you never hear AI complaining about how dumb players are"

Kanman
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2006-05-31 22:47   
isnt it a breach in physics when a tiny scout and a dread repell away from each other. the dread goes flying and the scout sits still........ equal distribution of force, which is Mass times Accelleration, this means that the scout with small mass (1) should have an accelleration of like 50, and the dread with mass 50 should have an accelleration of 1, but inthe opposite direction, therefore they need to change the code for tractors to follow proper physics....

and while we are on the topic, if launching bombs come from the ship at a certain speed, the speed of the ship should ADD to the speed of the bombs, so a ship going 15 gu/sec and firing bombs at 15 gu/sec, the bombs should run at the planet at 30 gu/sec, but the MV lacks a Theory of Relativity, so the bombs are just kind of let go of, while traveling at their speed... sup wit dat?

And, for that matter, with the space having no friction to slow a ship, the only way we can slow to a stop should be retro engines to push against our forward movement, but if our ships have that then why cant we go backwards?

And how come our Jump Drives have fuel, but a WH generator and stanard engines dont? You programmers have some explaining to do.....

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-05-31 22:52   
LOL

Email GothThug {C?}
Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-05-31 22:52   
uh, intelligent thread alert!
we cant have any smart or knowlegable people here.
please view this image untill you lose your sanity

-mgt.

[ This Message was edited by: Doran on 2006-05-31 22:55 ]

doda *EP5 no longer exception...*
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-05-31 23:14   
uhhh seriously, your putting tooo much thought into this. Dont make stuff more complicated than it is.

If you want to be all complicated and such bombing should technically slow your ship down. And unloading units should move your ship in a direction. Waittt firing particles at opponents also create a force that sends you the other way. Waittt where is all the energy for drives comming from, energy is not unlimited. And wait sound cant not travel through complete space, so why sounds. And waittt what about crew members do they have an unlimited food supply so ships never.....

This discussion of stuff to change to make it accuracte is can simply go on forever. Because DarkSpace is NOT a game based on reality. So dont make it all complicated and such.

Mr. Mars
Cadet

Posted: 2006-05-31 23:34   
Quote:

On 2006-05-30 22:41, rangar wrote:
i agree with air.

d) if your not subscribed, your not gonna worry about pres you cant gain anyway are you?

wait what yes you can gain and loose press its just not calculated untill you resubb. so to avoid a alot of deaths make another account wher it doesnt matter how many times you die...

Bash
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-05-31 23:40   
WAIT WAIT WAIT no more waiting o wait what was i talking about again doran site got my brain screwed up.
01:38:43 Shigernafy: "never trust a brit with your website.."

This message brought to you by the Flying Coffin Foundation"

12:02:07 Doran: "and you never hear AI complaining about how dumb players are"

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Page created in 0.026917 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR