No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Remembering Spock
 Author Remembering Spock
.spaivxx.
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-05-30 02:59   
Today marks an anniversary. A truely sad one. Dealing with the death of a beloved pet can sometimes be painful, as you will see.....

In 2002 I was living in a condo in Atlantic Beach, Florida (basically Jacksonville). It was a pretty decent place, with a private courtyard/patio in each unit. I got one and my drummer (and best friend at the time)got the one accross the walkway from me.

One day, long before the sad Memorial day of '02, Spock showed up. I instantly took a liking o the little guy. He was an unusual sort of pet I think. Not like most dogs. Actually not like any dog at all. Perhaps that is because he was not a dog. Nor was he a cat, or any of the myriad of stray reptiles that often found there way into my lush patio greenery. Nope, Spock was none of these.

He was a locust. A nearly 6" long locust with really cool coloring and a cool personality, for a bug. He would often be found feeding on my plants. I did not mind really, his presence gave the place a nice homey feel. Spock actually seemed to interact with me and the family. On more than one occasion while sitting on my patio drinking mixed drinks, old Spock would land on my knee, or shoulder, and kinda just chill, like one of the fellas.

Yep, he became one of the family, my pet locust, Spock.

My drummer at the time was a virtuoso player named Judson Thorne. He was a very high strung hyper fella, someone who could instantly turn a relaxed day into a frantic bustle of activity. He was also very impulsive. We had an open door policy between his household accross the way and mine.

On the day in question at around 3:00 PM or so (morning time to me), I arose to find Judson on my patio, with a very high pressured super soaker type water gun, very actively engaged in some actvity near one of my plants. Now, you really have to know Jud in order to fully appreciate this. He was an ex marine who fancied himself somewhat of a tactical genius (though the many, many defeats he suffered at my hand in various Command and Conquer games my attest otherwise). He also was very compulsive and as I said eralier, extremely hyper, all the time. He lived on Pepsi, at least a twelve pack a day. He had to smoke a ton of herb on a regular basis in order to keep from self destructing!!!!

I came out onto my patio and asked MR. Thorne what it was about my plant that he was so intrigued with. He gestured fr me to stand by, and would not answer, as though if I were to speak I would be sabotaging some critical covert operation. Then, he exclaimed "Got the bastard!!".

Right then, I knew. I felt the blood in my capillaries drain. You know, that disorienting feeling of shock that one experiences with the sudden awareness that something unequivically horrible has taken place. My equilibrium slipped, my nervous system seemed to momentarily shutter. Judson had killed Spock. It was with utter horror that I summoned the strength to look. There was Spock's twisted, mangled body.

The super soaker had nearly severd him in two. half of his legs were gone altogether. Locust stuff was hanging from the fissures in his broken little exoskeleton. Yes, my beloved pet, friend to my family, had been slain at the hands of a maniacal Frank Zappa look alike!!! There stood Judson, holding the super soaker, so immersed in the glory of the moment, that he surely would not have had time to react had I chosen to avenge Spock's death right then and there. I could have, perhaps I should have, but I did not.

In later discussions concerning the incident, Judson claimed no knowledge of my family's relationship with Spock. He was oblivious to the fact that the patio was Spock's home, and we simply used it at his leisure. Spock was dea, and I could not change that, I had to go on. Somehow our friendship survived this most heinous act....

So today (well, yesterday now) I pour a forty or the curb in memory of Spock. Though I don't drink beer, so my forty has to be a pint of Seagram's VO Gold, which I DO drink plenty of. But perhaps even Spock, in his tiny insect like mind, would have realized the wastefulness of pouring perfectly good alchohol onto the ground, so rather than pour it out, I shall drink it. Spock would have wnated it that way.

--------------------
www.soundclick.com/spaivxx

.spaivxx.
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-05-30 03:09   
Just rereead, sorry fro the numerous typos and grammatical errors, typed in a hurry, a little drunk......

Joe dirt
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-05-30 03:33   
comp requested for thoses 5 minutes plz

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-05-30 04:44   
omfg....

*salutes Spock*
*slaps spivvy*

James Bum007
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2006-05-30 10:22   
Do not scare me like that man, I thought Spock from Star Trek had die. Lots of Trekkies here and we get scare when we see things like this.

Next time title it: Remembering my Pet Spock

"Nough Said"

Email James Bum007
JRE
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-05-30 10:30   
Um, erm, I ....dunno what to say bout this

Legatus Immolation
Marshal

Posted: 2006-05-30 10:33   
+cryz+ man that was the sadest story ever!! man poor spock

Lacrosseian
Fleet Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2006-05-30 11:34   
*gives spaiv a hug*

*eats another chocolate covered ant*

Legatus Immolation
Marshal

Posted: 2006-05-30 11:49   
im loving the sig lacrossian

Rae
Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2006-05-30 12:34   
/me hoists a bottle of Wisers black label in spaivxx's direction...

the death of a family pet is a traumatic experience.. it's such a SAD story... but instead of dumping out my rye, here's a drink to spock instead!

[ This Message was edited by: Rae on 2006-05-30 13:34 ]

Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2006-05-30 18:11   
/me goes back to shaving his kitty

ICC Security Council Chief Enforcer

Email Coeus   Goto the website of Coeus
Page created in 0.015846 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR