No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.9 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Words of truth from Doran
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author Words of truth from Doran
-RevenG-

Raven Warriors

Posted: 2006-05-26 16:55   
500 miles By The Proclaimers aye Firestone? Awesome song =D

The Monty
Cadet

Posted: 2006-05-31 10:48   
And now for something completely different.

BOOM!

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-05-31 11:29   
Quote:

On 2006-05-31 10:48, Full Monty Python {C?} wrote:
And now for something completely different.

BOOM!

omg omg omg

Dave!

kingMountain
Cadet

Posted: 2006-05-31 14:29   
Doran, please stop stealing from my site and acting like those are your original thoughts.

http://www.artsick.com/other/did_you_know_0.html

Thanks,
Graham

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-05-31 14:39   
Quote:

On 2006-05-31 14:29, kingMountain wrote:
Doran, please stop stealing from my site and acting like those are your original thoughts.

http://www.artsick.com/other/did_you_know_0.html

Thanks,
Graham

He hasn't "stolen" any of your "thoughts". He mearly copied what you said into the chat lobby because he found it amusing. If I put something onto my site that I said, and was humorous, and someone from another game, or not even a game, decided to copy that into an msn chat, and then recipiant of said comment posted that on a site. I could not do anything about it. Not even if my site says (and does say) All content copywright 2006.

Infact, are you the creater of those images on your site? I doubt it, as a quick google search just showed several images identicle to those on your site. Shouldn't I email those site owners and try and find which one you leeched those images off? Using them without consent?

Sardaukar
Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2006-05-31 14:40   
Was that guy serious? He obviously does not know that Doran has a Time Machine and thought of this stuff a long time ago, and that he only recieved such brilliance because of the loose brainwaves floating around the fourth dimension.

$yTHe {C?}
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2006-05-31 14:45   
Aaaand, you run a site that gathers content, and then displays it, and you nail him for stealing content...

You phail at life, sir!

kingMountain
Cadet

Posted: 2006-05-31 17:06   
i'm pretty sure the Subject of this thread is "Words of truth from Doran", therefore i think i'm in the right when i say "those are not your words, don't act as if they are".

and to whoever was saying not all of the images on my site were taken by me, i don't think anyone visiting my site is under that impression.

but if you want to let Jacko know I took his Energizer picture, or drop the family of William Howard Taft a line, you're welcome to do so.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-05-31 17:11   
Quote:

On 2006-05-31 17:06, kingMountain wrote:
i'm pretty sure the Subject of this thread is "Words of truth from Doran", therefore i think i'm in the right when i say "those are not your words, don't act as if they are".

and to whoever was saying not all of the images on my site were taken by me, i don't think anyone visiting my site is under that impression.

but if you want to let Jacko know I took his Energizer picture, or drop the family of William Howard Taft a line, you're welcome to do so.

And you'll notice (if you looked), that the thread was started by someone other than Doran. He did not imply that those where his words, and never did he say that those where. It's pretty obvious that those where from a site, because no one (and I've been on the internet quite some time) ever, ever fires off quotes like that one after the other without having some kind of source.

Also, the topic name does not imply that the words that Doran actually spoke where his, but just that the words he spoke where true.

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash *SL3* *Jack* on 2006-05-31 17:29 ]

kingMountain
Cadet

Posted: 2006-05-31 17:16   
in that you're very much correct and i did not mean to imply that the author of this thread was stealing. i don't really come to this site so i figured doran might be somebody who'd see the thread and/or was going around passing off info w/o reference. it's quite possible he referenced the site in his chat and i did not see it.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-05-31 17:38   
To be honest, he probably didn't. But you shouldn't be concerned about receiving thanks or aknowledgement for those quotes, you should just be happy that it makes people laugh!

I do much for this game and others. I write programs and guides to help people who play those games. Yet much of the time I don't receive thanks, and I know other people pass around the guides and pgorams without quoting the source. But what makes me happy is the fact that someone is getting use from it, and it's helping people.

Ramius
Fleet Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2006-05-31 18:36   
This is up there with the Dead Sea Scrolls.

Email Ramius
Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2006-05-31 19:00   
Holy random person that regged just to flame doran....

I could think of some better things to do than browse video game forums to see if anyone quoted stuff from your site that you probably got off a snapple cap...

ICC Security Council Chief Enforcer

Email Coeus   Goto the website of Coeus
kingMountain
Cadet

Posted: 2006-05-31 19:22   
Quote:

On 2006-05-31 17:38, BackSlash *SL3* *Jack* wrote:
To be honest, he probably didn't. But you shouldn't be concerned about receiving thanks or aknowledgement for those quotes, you should just be happy that it makes people laugh!

no yer right. really it was the first time stuff i'd written had been seen by lots of people so i wanted to make sure when people read it they knew it was by me. but if it does make someone laugh, no matter what, it's a good thing.

Quote:

Coeus
I could think of some better things to do than browse video game forums to see if anyone quoted stuff from your site that you probably got off a snapple cap...

actually i just googled a phrase from the original list and this came right up/.

Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2006-05-31 19:37   
k...

ICC Security Council Chief Enforcer

Email Coeus   Goto the website of Coeus
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.019990 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR