No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +16.2 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » The Universe Today » » Metaverse Wide Resource Shortages
 Author Metaverse Wide Resource Shortages
Feralwulf
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-05-20 08:56   
In the growing trend towards Mirving, building planets with only Defense bases, and Shipyard planets with no Starports or Tech, Widespread shortages of resources have been reported by all 3 factions. Several planets in several systems report Resource shortages, while those systems with abundant resources are unable to produce ships at their starports or trade in resources due to a lack of Starports and or Tech on their Shipyard planets.

Officials speculate that if this trend continues that within 3 months time it may be only possible to spawn extractors, and while they can mine the resources needed they can not build they starports required to sell them.

One source interviewed states "If they just Mirved it would be ok maybe, but The current trend towards Mirving has lead many to lean towards building planets with masses of Defense bases in the misguided notion that this will stop the bombers. When in truth not even a planet with 19 def can stop a bomber, more def only leads to less resource trade. Granted a planet with only Meatls has no real need for starports but, we've seen planets with every resource that can not trade. The bombings have also increased the fairly old practice of Tech less Shipyards. That practice while somewhat sound in it's theory "No tech = more Def" "no Tech = Enemy can't cap and spawn" is now moot due to the ease with which small parties can capture a planet. and is infact determental to any defending faction as they can not spawn the ships needed to help defend their systems."

One UGTO member suggests "Since more def doesn't prevent planet Capture why not build Starports on the planets that have the resources needed?"

One Kluth member recalls "I tried to spawn a ship at Articus once but there were no resoruces......It had a starport but only one other planet in system had a starport and they had both had all their Heavy metals used up by the factories, and ships spawned. I spawned at the Home gate but our Mod planet had no resources either so I couldn't mod my ship until they had mined more"

One ICC Lt Commander claims " I could have defended Tau ceti last week if There had been the resources .......or tech for that matter to spawn a new ship after they Uggies had destroyed my frigate"

One Lobby Camper has explained " Me? I'm just going to sit in the lobby until the Extractor Wars start. I love flying Extractors, and I believe that once that is the only spawnable ship in the Metaverse I can finally show my 1337 Extractor pilot skillz"

One unnamed source said " I just scrapped a lot of Def today and replaced it with Starports.....It was amazing Maurbon had 2387 Heavy Metals,after I built 4 starports it had over 500k"

Page created in 0.009853 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR