Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Resetting planet state
 Author Resetting planet state
Seamus Rooke
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2006-03-30 00:54   
If, or I should actually say after, a planet gets nukes is there a chance of resetting the resource counter to zero? It would go well with all teh buildings being wiped out. Furthermore it would give people a reason not to nuke everything in sight as, if they wanted to hold the planet/system they will need the resources to build.

It could be on a percentage scale, bomb kills 50% of structures 50% of stockpile gone. Or create storage buildings as a new structure to hold a set limit of resources...

doda *EP5 no longer exception...*
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-03-30 12:03   
I do not think this is necessary. Try nuking a planet in beta. I think the level of dificulty inorder to even bomb a single building is already enough of a deterrent.

Maskerade
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-03-30 13:53   
I think Vidar's point is that if you kill a planet, where are the resource stockpiles being held or how they escape destruction?

Light-of-Aurora
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-03-30 14:46   
I like the separate structure idea, if build limits were 'loosened up.'

Email Light-of-Aurora
JRE
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-03-30 21:15   
How about adding a structure that holds resources? If it goes boom so does the resources. Also the more you build the more reserve the planet holds.

Nimitz
Fleet Admiral
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2006-03-31 01:14   
Hmm, how about this being a game and not real life, who cames where the resources are held!

Building is slow enough as it is due to low pres gain if you power build, adding restrictions to building such as waiting or hunting for resources will just make it so boring to build it won't be worth doing. If this does go ahead, build pres will need to be increased by a lot to make it worthwhile.
\"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.\" -- Rich Cook

Ospolos
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-03-31 06:01   
Starport...

HaVoX
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-03-31 09:38   
were limited by structures as it is, we dont need anymore. if anything we need more slots for structures or some of the current ones to be more effective like biosphere condensers, needing 3 for a 100 pop planet is a bit much, def bases could cycle beams faster with longer range, that would help nix the bombing greatly, planetary sensors could be powerful enought that ship bourne ECM was useless against a single sensor base no matter how much u had say withing 1000 to 1500 GU. come on its on a planet its gotta be way stronger then ships, this would also nix bombing and put ECM back in space covering a fleets base of operations. 6 or 7 powerplants out of 32 structures to power a planet is very limiting, raise it by half or double thier output, this is the future, give us cool gens. domes should give more then 10 pop 6 or 7 domes limits us as well

domes 7
food 3
gens 7
sensors 4
barraks 2
interdictor 1
starport 1
hub 1

this allows a def of 6 actual, 11 with dictor and senbases, a easy kill. Start adding sy, sheilds, depots and facs in and its worse.

I know you can add much more def to some planets finagaling stuff and get def 19 plants, which still die and make the planets little less then floating death stars, no sy, no starport, no depots, 1 barracks, no facs its basicly useless to the defenders except as a peice on the map that says MINE! When u do build depot planets they fall fast because they take place of necessary systems, 1 inf rack means u depleate a planets inf fast trying to cap ships or other planets and risk losing it as well.

Just a thought

Email HaVoX
Page created in 0.018688 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR