No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » What i dont like about the new BSG
 Author What i dont like about the new BSG
GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-03-15 13:21   
Okay, basically The cylons have no personality and dont talk in the old version they interacted with their leader, in this one they dont they're just mindless mechanical monsters that kill at random, they're slaves and do as their told, now the humanoid Cylons are a work of art. now what i hate about the show is the subtle swearing in it, they replace the F word with Frack and they say Gods instead of God its totally stupid but i like the deep space battles lol. they did a good job on the special effects. all in all i prefer the 1970's version of BSG because they have the original starbuck as a guy not a woman, the original apollo who's also playing a badguy on the show. not to mention former star trek, Quantum leap, Babylon 5, Alien Nation and Pensecola wings of gold actors, lol anyways this is my thoughts on the new BSG.

Email GothThug {C?}
HaVoX
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-03-15 13:26   
The cylon centurion from the orignal series was not much smarter then the ones now, all they ever said was "By your command" and they did it. They did have the lava lamp head leaders who were more animated and had personalitys. I belive they were replaced by the humaniod ones now as the lava lamp ones were more human looking then the cents.

In the original BSG frak, and gods, were used as frequently as they are now.

the thing I dont like is that the everyday casual clothing and clothing of anyone not in uniform looks like it came from earth, where as in the origial it had at least a different look, even though it looked more primevil then modern.

just my thoughts

Email HaVoX
Koda
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2006-03-15 18:44   
GT, I gotta agree with Havox.

I Like the New BSG. At first I totally hated it. But eventually i came arround. Now im hooked, and unfortunatly the nxt episodes arent going to be back till Oct.. :'/

I think the Acting at times can be a bit over the top, but only in a context to make the message clear. I know this is done to grab the ADD people. Overall I give it too them, I think they all do a pretty darn good job.

As for the Robots, what would you have them say? Often times its enough of a kick that i know that they are a Learning AI program, so they can be in a box, or reborn into a Fighter.

There battles remind me of playing Home world. I often pay close Attn to their ship formation and positioning. Not to mention that out of all the other people who watch BSG and who probably write for them.. theyve probably have never seen as much Space Ship combat as all of us HardCore DSer's.. Cus were the ones on and playing out every space combat game, and im sure that most of the other people who watch BSG, and have had some Space Combat Sim battle Exp will say that their footage for their battles is sometimes pretty funny. Dont get me wrong, I do like alot of their stuff, Id just like to remind them ease up on the fire balls in space.. Like when pegasus jumped into that trap and had to use its front guns vs that Basestar.. I was like wth? there is fire comming out of the end of the cannon? and the other thing is you people have FTL and your using Cannon? that like saying you Drive a Sports car.. but you polish it with manure. I can see Rail guns.. I can see flack.. I can see putting up a wall of lead to stop incomming stuff.. but my gods.. Research the Laser or something..

The big problem that I see is that they never give a "sense" ( hell just a look at) of any starcharts or big picture maps..Like where theyve been where there running from.. would be nice to be able to tell where there were from watching the space battles.. but Ive only got so much time on my hands.. and im sure so do they.. Cus its like those little pod fighters that they have can use FTL drives.. and they are apparently only ten jumps to and back from Caprica.. And im sure the fleet has a bigger Jump range than the little scout fighters.. but Maybe im just used to growing up playing the mechwarrior Aerospace board game.

anyways im rambeling..

Light-of-Aurora
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-03-15 18:58   
Quote:
Like when pegasus jumped into that trap and had to use its front guns vs that Basestar.. I was like wth? there is fire comming out of the end of the cannon? and the other thing is you people have FTL and your using Cannon? that like saying you Drive a Sports car.. but you polish it with manure. I can see Rail guns.. I can see flack.. I can see putting up a wall of lead to stop incomming stuff.. but my gods.. Research the Laser or something..

As in, those chemical-combustion disgraces of projectile weapons? + FTL? Thats funny You don't mean those 1700's iron ball shooting things though, right? ... that would be funny sticking out of a starship

Email Light-of-Aurora
GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-03-15 22:19   
Okay i have too admit, i was watching the 2nd Season of BSG on DVD, and heh heh, the cylon fighters have a personality, they even named one of them Scar lol, it was so cool the way she splattered him into a Giant Rock after shooting the tar out of it lol

Email GothThug {C?}
Tbone
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-03-15 22:46   
Charz, I suggest you take a look at what your favorite game there uses for its weapons

Mass drivers are nothing to shake a stick at.

Email Tbone
Lux (Polaris)
Fleet Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2006-03-15 23:28   
Actually, I think guns are cooler than lasers in some respects. When I think of space battles, I always see point defence guns firing non-stop at incoming fighters...with projectiles, not lasers. I just think it's cooler. Besides, not using lasers does have it's advantages, like less energy used.

Can someone tell me the episode which had the most Capital Ship battles?

Loyal Admiral of the Interstellar Cultural Confederation Navy.
Senior Commander of the Raven Warriors, the ICC elite.
Captain of the Assault Dreadnaught \"Gungnir\"

Email Lux (Polaris)
Koda
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2006-03-16 01:52   
Quote:

On 2006-03-15 22:46, Tbone wrote:
Charz, I suggest you take a look at what your favorite game there uses for its weapons

C'mon, you know im not the sharpest tool in the shed..

but if we have cannons why dont we have FTL's? just J/k

Seriously now, All im really trying to say is there could have been more thought put into the Main weapon on the Pegasus.. My personal choice would have been a nice Capital sized Charged Particle Beam Weapon.
but hey, thats just my 2 cents..

So why would they choose to integrate their "Cannons".. and not mount turrets? I think itd be in ones better interest to manuver a turret instead of a ship,.. That is unless your Charged Particle Beam Weapon requires it heheh

but anyways good debate.. even if i am loosing.. keep it up, cus this is fun.

- Charz

Ragglock
Marshal
BIOnics Industry Syndicate

Posted: 2006-03-16 03:41   
Quote:
Can someone tell me the episode which had the most Capital Ship battles?

that would be S02E12 Resurrection Ship part 2

even if you see most of the battel from the eyes of someone floating in space

it gives you a pretty good idear about how powerfull the human battel stars are when they are in attack mode and not running for their lives.

stars as i rember 3 basestars 1 resurrection ship.

for shear amount of cylon fighters S02E09 Flight of the Phoenix where an huge fleet of fighters trys to ambush BSG in the cover of a virus.

RDM tells in his pod casts that he have never intended that BSG should be an series with "The battel of the week" kinda arch.

all efforts are in the carracters and their story where the battels are just the canvas where it unfolds on.

and this is what i like about this series , getting to much cgi battels all the time, just spoils the fun, and make a better expirence when they go all in, like in "Hand of god" "Scar" "Resurection Ship" "Captains Hand"

btw me personal favorite CGI sceen is still from, Act of Contrition S01E04 where you get a short battel between a 2 Vipers and 8 Raiders ending up with an Raider(scar) and starbuck crashing down thrugh the atmosphere of a planet.

LOVE the smell of human flesh in the morning smells like MVictory

Goto the website of Ragglock
Page created in 0.022099 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR