Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » beacons.
 Author beacons.
thundercat984
Cadet

Posted: 2006-03-12 02:08   
if beacons are to only be on scout ships the pres for beaconning should go way way up from what it is now. I mean some of the scouts only have beacons on them so who in there right mind would opt to be a scout were u have no chance of gaining pres only getting killed?

Email thundercat984
Nimitz
Fleet Admiral
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2006-03-12 06:17   
As midshipmans can get scouts, you'd then have masses of newbies or unsubbed players running around beaconing everyone, which would be very very very annoying.

No, I'd say either leave it as it is or increase the range and speed of beacon shots.
\"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.\" -- Rich Cook

Light-of-Aurora
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-03-12 06:55   
Quote:

On 2006-03-12 06:17, Nimitz *S2* wrote:
As midshipmans can get scouts, you'd then have masses of newbies or unsubbed players running around beaconing everyone, which would be very very very annoying.

No, I'd say either leave it as it is or increase the range and speed of beacon shots.

@the first part lol
@ the second part I agree, beacons should fly farther/faster!

Email Light-of-Aurora
Crim
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2006-03-12 11:09   
Beacons are fine as they are..

Quietly confident
Admiral

Posted: 2006-03-12 12:56   
Hmm... i agree with the frist thing.
the ICC long range scout, i think it is, has onyl one SCL for denfece and a becon. An obserdly weak ship.

But, if the pres for succesfully beconing players goes *way* up.
Then the speed and/or tracking ability of becons should go down.
So we don't have unsub's/newbies becon whoring to get Pres.

Such a change would mean that like bombing in the beta version, you'll need to learn some skill in deploying becons effectivly.

Commander of the Heavy supply Ship Laden

Feralwulf
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-03-12 19:12   
I more or less agree that Beacons should get more pres, mostly because newbies have so few options when it comes to gaining prestige.

I disagree with Beacons being restricted to scouts only, I know I'll get flamed for that, but Thats how I feel. I can see a need to fix it so that Crusiers, Dreads, etc. Spraying beacons all over the galaxy, but when your in a Dread or Crusier and would give your last 2k prestige for a beacon, and you can't brow beat a newbie to get a scout..........KEEP YOUR GRIPING OUT OF THE LOBBY......YOU asked for it.

Me personally I wouldn't mind seeing Beacon/Tractor beams/Mining Beams in a slot together, that way you can swap one useless thing for another useless thing.

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2006-03-12 19:59   
Quote:

On 2006-03-12 19:12, Feralwulf wrote:
I more or less agree that Beacons should get more pres, mostly because newbies have so few options when it comes to gaining prestige.

I disagree with Beacons being restricted to scouts only, I know I'll get flamed for that, but Thats how I feel. I can see a need to fix it so that Crusiers, Dreads, etc. Spraying beacons all over the galaxy, but when your in a Dread or Crusier and would give your last 2k prestige for a beacon, and you can't brow beat a newbie to get a scout..........KEEP YOUR GRIPING OUT OF THE LOBBY......YOU asked for it.

Me personally I wouldn't mind seeing Beacon/Tractor beams/Mining Beams in a slot together, that way you can swap one useless thing for another useless thing.

i agree i think becons should be allowed on all ships since now with the improved cloak timer and as well as stronger armor for kluth ugto and icc need the becons to keep the luth visable longer to do damage on there ships. but thats my 2 cents

Email Borgie
Page created in 0.014897 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR