No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » stupid people
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author stupid people
TitaniumFinger
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-03-11 04:34   
Quote:

On 2006-03-11 03:20, Jaydawg13 {meow} wrote:
I miss the massive fleet battles, stations and dreads, cruisers and frigates, out in open space, battling it out, the two factions rushing at eachother in one big line...little squadrons try to flank the fleet to get the advantage, people commanding the masses...I loved it...mabye, we'll get it back..someday.

[ This Message was edited by: Jaydawg13 {meow} on 2006-03-11 03:22 ]

*sad face

Drafell
Grand Admiral
Mythica

Posted: 2006-03-11 06:56   
We still have large fleet battles.

It is a shame that people do not play as much of the community does still exist, although we have many newer players who have not been around long enough to experience the pre 1.482 cameraderie.

Instead of sitting in the Lobby and complaining in the forums about the 'good ole days', why not log in and play and help these new players experience the full breadth and depth of play that DarkSpace has to offer?

- Draf @ work

Goto the website of Drafell
Nimitz
Fleet Admiral
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2006-03-11 07:11   
Quote:

On 2006-03-10 10:47, Cataclysm [Allied] wrote:
However I don't see why minor modifications can't be made to this version to balance the unbalances ie. lowering cloak time, nerfing dictors. Why do we have to wait for the next version for these things?

Have you ever done maintenance on a program? If you have, then you would know that to "simply" update a program requires lots of steps and is almost as involved as writing a new one. That is because you've got to do lots of testing, first to make sure your new functionality works and then to test that your new code didn't break any of the other functions.

Things like this are easy to say but hard to do if you're also juggling other duties at the same time.
\"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.\" -- Rich Cook

Nimitz
Fleet Admiral
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2006-03-11 07:49   
Quote:

On 2006-03-11 06:56, Drafell {R33} wrote:
Instead of sitting in the Lobby and complaining in the forums about the 'good ole days', why not log in and play and help these new players experience the full breadth and depth of play that DarkSpace has to offer?

It would work even better if today's new players had better attitude. No point in trying to help them if they first thing they say at any advice is "Why do you keep restricting me or some such rubbish". The standard just keeps going down....

I've been here almost a year and had a short experience in 1.482 and yes, there was that something extra that is quite thin these days. However, this can be fixed. Like you said, the best way to get something back is to DO something about it...TALKING will not do it...DOING it will!
\"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.\" -- Rich Cook

Docet1
Admiral

Posted: 2006-03-11 15:20   
We've had some of those large fleet battles recently, but not quite as large as the one's i've heard about. I think this is mostly due to lag and not any unfair advantages or hyped up ships. If they can fix the server and the coding, I think you might find this game to be more enjoyable......just a thought

thundercat984
Cadet

Posted: 2006-03-11 17:13   
Hmm well sometimes ships are overpowered like a corvette that can take an alpha from a bc with only 1% damage but, some people use the "bugged" ship as an excuss. Hate to say it but i have fought a few people in admiral that pull out a dread with me in an interceptor. I'll keep my distance and dodge most of there fire while striking them with most of mine. Then when they start taking damage and they still haven't hit me very much they start wailing "omg u have a bugged ship" "It just has to be a bug, yes must be a bug it's all faustus fault he didn't build the came right b/c there is no way i could just miss a little fast moving ship." Not my fault at all". Before i get flamed for this yes they are some cases where you land your alphas and do no damage, but i have been in the small ship before and just dodge everything and people start ranting that my ship is bugged. It really is a shame that everyone that talks about the good ole days spend all there time whineing (maybe the ppl who left, left b/c they got tired of hearing it) Well okay u hear the bugged ship complaint alot so does this happen alot? and does it only affect new players? I ask because i've heard alot of old palyers make complaints about new players ruining the game with bugged ships.....but i have yet to see an older player on my team log off because his ship was to strong.
Also taunting the enemy has always been a part of warfare so it doesn't suprise me that people taunt others in game. What does suprise me is that some people who claim to be mature ,get called a name in game, then log off and make a post that calls the name callers a name.
ah yes maturity lol all kinds of it here.

[ This Message was edited by: thundercat982 on 2006-03-11 18:18 ]

Email thundercat984
DarkScorpion
Marshal
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2006-03-12 13:48   
well this just shows people love to go off topic i thought this post was about people being stupid and taunting people in game not about how uneven ships are

UnknownWarrior
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2006-03-12 16:11   
No...Its a bugged ship when your not in a dictor field and continuously jam on the J key or try to E-Jump and nothing happens and end up getting killed because of that. Been around for close to 4 years now, and i am seriously missing the good ol days, but those days are gone now. The only way we will be able to experience the joys of those days are to quit nagging at each others neck for the stupidist of stuff and actually come together as a community. For the new people, quit being all stuck up and inmature, that wont get you far here. As for the vets, quit groaning about things that once was and get in there and start bringing them back. And dont give out the old "Its bugged i wont sub until its fixed." routine....

Sure theres lag and a few bugs...I only have one word for you...ADAPT.

Nough said...

Email UnknownWarrior
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.015493 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR