Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » New rank?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author New rank?
Light-of-Aurora
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-03-15 18:34   
Stupid 'delete post' time limit...

[ This Message was edited by: [AÐ]Light-of-Aurora on 2006-03-15 20:14 ]

Email Light-of-Aurora
Malorn
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2006-03-15 18:37   
Good lord almighty, it seems I'm going to have to apologize to the forumers, only one person decided to rant insanely. I expected more then that. Speaking of Screaming Chimera, I thought I should remind him that I was suggesting reseting my own rank, along with everyone else’s.

Also, while I don't know him well enough to say anything about how he bombs, he does seem to have almost as much pres from bombing as he received from repair, combat, and construction put together. So, I don't really feel that he has worked harder for his pres than I have for mine

As to other, more calm posts, I see your point Aurora. The game getting a rep for resets wouldn't be good. But, I personally feel that a single reset would do more good then harm, especially if it was advertised out the wazoo as a "one time" thing. Might also help bring in newbies, something we seem to be having a lot of trouble with.

Thank you all for the mostly calm and flame-free manner with which you received this idea. That is, of course, if any of you saw the post. Which, judging from the level of responses, I'm being to think most people missed it somehow.

Quietly confident
Admiral

Posted: 2006-03-16 08:30   
Most of my points for stuff is all the same as im concentrating on earning all the medals i can be before i porceed to all out combat/supping (my hobbys) to get up the rank ladder.

If i was subbed, or the game was free play for a while i'd have no problem with the reset, i'd be up for the challenge.

But due to my current finacial situation, i can't get subbed.
I've used up my free play voucher and stayed on here as long as possible any time theres been free play. Alas this is as far as i've got.
So for anyone like me a reset of stats would be too harsh.

I am a nice guy... really =P

Commander of the Heavy supply Ship Laden

JRE
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-03-16 11:54   
Quote:

On 2006-03-15 14:12, Sixkiller *S2* wrote:
I disagree with adding a new rank. There is nothing wrong with adding a new one, but the reason behind it is wrong.
The reason i am hearing is because of the bomb whores. You dont fix that by adding a new and higher rank. There are new players who didnt have the easy pres gain, there are people who refused to play with such a bugged system and there are people who just skipped the entire version because they were away (army etc.).
However, i would only under one thing agree with adding a new rank.
Since the prestige setback isnt gonna happen, the rankings should be resetted. Like someone said, some people could use a new challenge, some people really didnt learn anything besides bombing but ranked and some people havent really gotten high but just want to play a fair game.

I think the best solution would be adding the new rank, and resetting everyone's prestige.
Is it harsh?
Yes
Will it be good?
Yes

And as a sidenote, i think this is a damn good idea, the best i have seen, and i have been thinking an awefull lot about a good way of dealing with the bugged prestige.

Theres a rank reset button in your profile if you feel the need...I in the other hand dont.

Leonide
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2006-03-16 21:58   
rank reset would be bad. me, i have worked very hard to get where i am. i don't want to lose it now! doing a prestige reset would make a lot of players upset and make them leave, so it would be bad. resetting the ranks would do more harm then good.

captain of the ICC Assault Cruiser C.S.S. Sledgehammer

Email Leonide
Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2006-03-20 16:20   
I don't think a new rank is in order.

Rather, (another) rank rebalance. I know for last patch demo did it, but hasn't a lot of balancing been changed around this version? maybe we should at least give it a look over, and make sure everything makes sense. Like, you know, new medals at least......

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-03-20 20:29   
Quote:

On 2006-03-20 16:20, Fattierob (x2 CRC errors) (LCC CiC) wrote:
Like, you know, new medals at least......

quite do-able really (i mean, its gotta be), and its not like inspiration is lacking just look close to home:
Quote:

Medal of Bravery Silver Combat, Silver Bomber, Silver Transport
Medal of Valor Gold Combat, Gold Bomber, Gold Transport
Medal of Conquest Gold Transport, Gold Bomber

Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2006-03-21 03:10   
ok enough of the if you want reset, hit the reset button.
resetting is not because i want to start over agian, or because i want everyone to.
Its because what some people took ages playing just as much time, was achieved in this version in 2 weeks. Thats my point. Thats unbalanced, and it screws up the game.
I dont want the reset for me, i want it for the game.

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2006-03-21 22:48   
Quote:

On 2006-03-21 03:10, Sixkiller *S2* wrote:
ok enough of the if you want reset, hit the reset button.
resetting is not because i want to start over agian, or because i want everyone to.
Its because what some people took ages playing just as much time, was achieved in this version in 2 weeks. Thats my point. Thats unbalanced, and it screws up the game.
I dont want the reset for me, i want it for the game.

So because some people whored to their rank, people like me (who spent nearly 4 years working for their rank and prestige) have to go back to midshipman?

That doesnt seem right, or fair. Reset maybe those who did, but if you did that to me, I would leave Darkspace without one bit of hesitation. I worked for what I have, and I will be damned if someone just erases it.

-Ent

Maskerade
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-03-22 00:08   
Rank reset isn't really required, if the common consensus is that people unfairly benefitted from bombing then just reduce everyone bombing stats to the highest medal they have awarded.

That would be a hard point to sell, but it would have teh effect of reducing the rank of the general population without seriouly crippling characters.

Just a thought

Nat
Marshal

Posted: 2006-03-23 03:54   
Just before Darkspace went live there was a total rank reset for all players, and at this same time Faustus did announce that there would be no further resets of rank (excluding major database failures and technical issues) ever. Therefore teh debate on rank reset is somewhat moot. As for the ranks, i personally do believe that both a new rank and a re-calculation on how prestige is added up is in order, such as reducing the amount of prestige earned per bombing point, and increasing it elsewhere, eg. combat in order to encourage players into the more team-active roles.
Captain Siphon Australis

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.026720 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR