Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » more on fighters
 Author more on fighters
thundercat984
Cadet

Posted: 2006-02-22 19:49   
fighters need to have there offensive abiltys up considerable. i mean the flagship of any fleet in the world is it's carriers and thats because carriers have fighters. I would like to see fleet flags change from dreads to carriers. as it would mean an increase in fleet actions. Not to mention the fact that it would give a reason to use the now much weaker pickets/eds.
Also can something be done with the sensor shuttles? I mean if your like 10k out from an enemy planet could you launch a sensor craft and have it show any enemies around the planet? I know you can put the camera on a shuttle and look around but i think it would be an improvement if enemies detected by the shuttle would pop up witha target icon when the camera is in normal mode.

Email thundercat984
Light-of-Aurora
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-02-22 20:40   
Protoss Carrier-Interceptor swarms for Darkspace

Email Light-of-Aurora
Rae
Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2006-02-22 23:01   
heh... fighter spam is one of the quickest ways to kill the servers... one word, one syllable, lllllaaaaaggggg.....
i'd say reduce the fighter numbers, not increase... just my .02cents

Malorn
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2006-02-23 02:52   
I say reduce the numbers, make each fighter dot a group of fighters, and increase the damage, and durability accordingly. Would cut way down on lag, if carriers launched fighters in wings. Same for planets. Plus, that's how they would work best anyway.

Carriers should have their uses, but remember that only one faction has large carriers. Also remember that in today's world, aircraft have major advantages because of speed and maneuverability. Where as that might not be the case in space, or with higher levels of tech. The only constant in the world is change.

I agree that they should be rebalanced a bit from where they are now. As it is, they are more dangerous due to lag, then from their weapons. Let's fix both problems.

[ This Message was edited by: Malorn on 2006-02-23 02:55 ]

Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2006-02-23 12:23   
uhm 8 lvl 10 fighters on a mandy means 150% armor damage
wich basicly means that you can blow straight true the hull if you fire normal weapons to

thundercat984
Cadet

Posted: 2006-02-23 14:06   
from what i hear the lag is from fighters shooting missles. To fix that why not just give them some sort of really powerful cannon? That would make the fighters more of a threat(like they should be) while at the same time reducing the lag.

Email thundercat984
Light-of-Aurora
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-02-23 14:29   
Fighters should get better, but IMO any threat they pose should be from numbers, not from good weapons.

Email Light-of-Aurora
Guyton (Angel of Death)
Marshal

Posted: 2006-02-24 20:11   
be cool to control fighter squadrons and be able to check a fighters weapon load out and armor. Maybe even have small support fighters that can repair ships 3 fighters=1 reload. Maybe like infantry are be able to take in elite fighters, or buy them from a certain port in space or have pirate carriers to get them from. To make fighters stronger there should be a training command to have them go out and swarm

[ This Message was edited by: Guyton(Recruiting) on 2006-02-24 21:17 ]

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-02-24 21:27   
@thundercat982
fighters are scheduled to be re-equipped with cannons (and/or possibly sabots)

Thugomatic
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2006-02-24 22:37   
This is a good deal, i remember when F recoded the gfx just before the new fighters came in too play. Was still on my 1.6 kbps modem connection, there were numerous fighter bases built on junction and ahaza, i remember flying around with who knows how many fighters but i did not lag, soon as the missles were installed on the fighters though wammo, now im on dsl and i know if the same were done now id smack a planet.
Only unable to repeat as Beta map no longer functions as a progression server like Admiral and Newbie.

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-03-06 08:32   
i'd think that fighters should dogfight other fighters, i mean hello, we fly capital ships, and i just think that fighters should be able to fight other fighters, and bombers should bomb capital ships, that would be so cool i can see it now Darkspace Vs. Star Wars Themed Fighters lol

Email GothThug {C?}
Page created in 0.162371 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR