No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +2.8 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Beta Testing Discussion » » Can't get into Beta?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author Can't get into Beta?
Drafell
Grand Admiral
Mythica

Posted: 2006-02-11 20:48   
If you have problems login into beta, please post below(with relevant error msg), and I'll see if I can help you circumvent these issues.

Goto the website of Drafell
Drow
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-02-12 07:28   
Great! Thanks for your help

Im just gana repeat cause I can

On User Login; instantly after clicking on the Login button: new window "A error occured on the server. please try again later". I am getting the feeling this may be client side since the error is so fast that I do not believe it is acualy trying to talk to the server.

If I replace sugested files; corememory.dll, debug.dll, factory.dll, file.dll, gcql.dll, gcql.exe, network.dll, networkws.dll, selfupdate.dll,standard.dll - On the Darkspace.exe I get a error window "The procedure entry point ??1String@Medusa@@QAE@XZ could not be located in the dynamic link library Standard.dll.

If I just run gcql.exe, then the last active window becomes active and the program dosent run (or terminates itself with no reason).

This is same situation with both beta downloads, uninstall with folder deleted.

[ This Message was edited by: Ğrow on 2006-02-12 08:04 ]

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-02-12 16:18   
here's a copy of my beta folder, for those getting errors

[small][ This Message was edited by: Doran on 2006-02-12 16:45 ][/small]

[ This Message was edited by: Doran on 2006-02-13 13:30 ]

Drafell
Grand Admiral
Mythica

Posted: 2006-02-12 17:15   
Thnx doran, that should pretty much fix it.

I also heavily advise that anyone using Beta edits thier config.ini and sets both instances of "doUpdate=1" to "doUpdate=0". there should be one under the [GCQL] section and one under [Client]. Once this is done you can set the config.ini to read only.

This will prevent the Auto-update feature from working, and will allow you to log into the Beta Lobby and run the update manually.
From past experience, the manual update is a lot more reliable than the auto-update feature, and seems to run less risk of corrupting your Beta Installation if it fails.

Goto the website of Drafell
Drow
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-02-12 20:47   
The config.ini, both with Doran's DL, and the default install; only has 1 DoUpdate line. I had to manualy add 2 more.
Under [Client]
doUpdate=0

And create the line at the end of file
[Server]
doUpdate=0

The one under client may not be needed, did not test. The one under Server was a necessity, without it on joining Beta server I would goto update window, it would not update any files, then would dump me to desktop.

Also, on a clean install and Doran's DL, before making the config.ini ReadOnly, I disabled update, ran darkspace.exe, did the update, AND ran the Setup program from the lobby button. This may be a requirement as the setup writes information to the ini file. Then I redid the disable update, then made the file Readonly.

Point of importance; If you only run the GCQL.exe, it will put you in the Release lobby. Make sure you goto the Beta lobby before Updating. Also on exiting the server it put me in the release lobby, no big deal.

Works fine for me now, thanks guys for the help.

In case you did not know, DO NOT PRESS UPDATE if you are not in the proper lobby. It will update your version to the current lobby and realy mess you up good :/

[ This Message was edited by: Ğrow on 2006-02-12 20:57 ]

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-02-13 11:20   
blast,... been trying to update beta, does either one of two things
after pressing update the download speed will steadily decrease and the time remaining will increase, evenutally timeing out (~27kb/s down to >2, over an hour left, and 2%complete)
or will start out under 0.5kb/s and be over 300 hours remaining by the time it times out

updating .exes and .dlls goes fine but its just stalling on the wobs when i get into the lobby

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-02-13 12:06   
I downloaded the beta again (just to make sure I had a clean install) but got Drows problem... Deleted the config file, tried to update, seemed to work but I only got into the normal lobby. Just went over to beta, deleted config, and hit update. Hopefully that will work... If not, looks like it's Doran's way or the highway!

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-02-13 12:41   
Now the client won't even launch. I can just get into GCQL (which takes forever).

Nim *
Chief Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2006-02-13 12:54   
Takes forever to get into gcql for me as well.. but i can get into the game though

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-02-13 13:06   
I've updated, I've restarted. Still the client won't launch.

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-02-13 13:31   
Updated my above link to the client, includes the recent update, not including the data folder, but should be enough to get you into the beta lobby if you're having problems

Drow
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-02-13 18:17   
After using Dorans DL, and fixing the ini. I have no problems lauching, its fast and smooth. Updating can take a while though, it locks up for a bit then continues.

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-02-14 20:55   
one more copy, fully updated as of time of this post, client files and all the wobs, 45.2mb, should be just drop in and go
http://files.filefront.com/DS_BETA_CLIENTzip/;4763825;;/fileinfo.html

if you want JUST the client (minus the data files) look here
http://files.filefront.com/DS_BETA_CLIENTONLYzip/;4772751;;/fileinfo.html

and since people seem to be missing this point, EXTRACT to your DARKSPACE BETA folder, let it OVERWRITE the files there, then LOGIN with the beta client as normal. like as not you'll be in the release lobby, just press the green lobby button, select darkspace beta and update to get the latest .wobs

[ This Message was edited by: Doran on 2006-02-17 11:54 ]

Nimitz
Fleet Admiral
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2006-02-17 00:44   
Got the "A error occured on the server. please try again later" message. Downloading your copy of the client and game files. Thanks Doran.

Edit: I've managed to successfully log in to beta using Doran's files. Had to download winzip 10 to extract though, not even latest version of rar could do it.

[ This Message was edited by: Nimitz *T2* on 2006-02-17 06:15 ]
\"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.\" -- Rich Cook

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-02-17 11:35   
thats probably due to the compression settings, ill get a rar version up in 5..4..3..

http://files.filefront.com/DS_BETA_CLIENTONLYrar/;4775479;;/fileinfo.html
same as the zip version, just a different format

and since people seem to be missing this point, EXTRACT to your DARKSPACE BETA folder, let it OVERWRITE the files there, then LOGIN with the beta client as normal. like as not you'll be in the release lobby, just press the green lobby button, select darkspace beta and update to get the latest .wobs

[ This Message was edited by: Doran on 2006-02-17 11:54 ]

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.025804 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR