No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.7 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » Ah, Role-Play / Psychoanalysis.. SOS?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Ah, Role-Play / Psychoanalysis.. SOS?
Light-of-Aurora
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-02-10 23:36   
Okay guys, I, being a teenage newbie, who, keep in mind, is a loser to the extent that he posts questions like these in game forums, am in some need of help. I'm innately inquisitive, and I usually try to find reason behind everything. Please, help me!
Okay, it's math class. There's this athletic, smart, really really attractive girl sittin' behind you. Right before the math teacher starts with the 'proceedings,' [the slow, agonizing killing of all her students by lethal doses of unadultered boredom], you notice that your friend who used to sit next to you decided to keep the seat he was moved to the day before. His new seat was supposedly punishment for talking too much, but he seemed just fine in the 'punishment' seat.
I made a list of possibilities: he likes talking to his friend over there more, he now hates me, he wants to go to sleep, [the new seat was in the back corner], he's hitting on a girl, he's stickin' it to the 'man', he wants to cheat, he wants more/new friends.. or a combination of those, or, of course, he just felt like sitting there.

But, I digress. Back to the matter at hand...
So, no one is next to you. You look around the class, and notice quite a few seats empty. You turn back to your notebooks when you hear the athletic, smart, really really attractive blond girl behind you call your name.

I remember her from school last year, but we didn't know each other amazingly well.. just 'aquaintence-friends' ..

So now, somewhat surprised that she even knew my name, she starts patting the desk next to her, and tells you, 'Sit heerree, you look so lonely '

And then I sat there with a somewhat bewildered look on my face. Where's the reason?? The logic???

I sat for one or two seconds, thinking whether it was a serious request. She looked serious enough.. If it was serious, it would be cold or foolish to decline; however if she was joking, and I accepted.. I thought it would be sort of awkward. It didn't help that her face was so wonderfully good at conveying expressions... especially the 0.o. Ohhh, she is soooo good at the 0.o....

I decided to make sure, emphasizing my 'unreadiness' for the question with a light 'whaaa...??' It was a good idea at the time..

She repeated the request, and I sat there waiting for around 2 seconds before getting up. I thought, 'boy, don't be intrusive. Don't look like the horny teenage bum most adults expect'

So, I got up, and sat next to her, showing a polite smile, several invisible '?'s above me head. I sat there, recieved her returned smile, and turned back to the homework I was finishing. She asked me several questions, I suppose to start a conversation. But there's my problem. I need to know the person, to be prepared. Damn, girl, I have no idea what to talk about. I answer politely, and softly, to emphasize friendly terms. I'm no meanie.. she continues to be generally talkative..

A few minutes later, the teacher passes out rulers that had sat on the heater for a while. They're all rubbery and hot..

Then she pokes my arm with it.. ???.. puzzled, I say with a smile, 'hey, that's hot', and she says yeh, they are.

Then, our dumb teacher [i'm sure she's smart, but she certainly doesn't go out of her way tonshow it..] says hey, write a poem with 5 geom. terms in it. .... I'm sure everyone here is familiar with the assignment-that -has-absolutely-nothin'-to-do-wit-deh-curriculum-but-you-gata-do-it-enyway...

And we're leaving class, she shows me her poem, something along the lines of triangles, and 'your the right triangle for me'...

It was all very strange, and as I write this.....
Yeh, it sounds downright surreal to me.. 0.o
I made a short list of possibilities..
1 She patronizes me because I'm not exactly the most popular person..
2 She is always generally flirtatious, and was making 'experimental runs' on my personality.
3 It was a subtle personal 'attack' to show that I' m an idiot when it comes to people.
4 I was her friend's friend and she was willing to be mah frien'.
5 Oh, baby. She wants me. I should celebrate... with soy cheesecake..
Why? Why?? Why??? Any female members of DS wanna fill my clueless self in?
What was her motivation?? Her purpose?
I have doubts about that nice 5th one.. but oh baby w00 go teenage fantasies!
HELP ME AAAARRRRGGGHHHHHHJHJHHHHHHHHH*falls asleep*

Email Light-of-Aurora
Griffinhawk
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2006-02-11 01:47   
umm no clue :/

Goto the website of Griffinhawk
Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2006-02-11 03:09   
...im more curious as to why you care.

Perhaps perfect girl notices you. Likes you. Shows she likes you.

Sometimes - and not many will agree with me - the only purpose/logic/reason/choice there is, is often the ones that were never really there in the first place.

Consider yourself lucky. Don't screw yourself by assuming shes "up to something" and also, dont screw yourself over thinking she absolutely wants you.

In other words. Take your damn time; and even more importantly, don't ask a gaming community on things like this - remember why we're here.

-Ent

Light-of-Aurora
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-02-11 07:06   
Hm.. now that I .. had 5 hours to think about it..sername:
After reading Ent's post... maybe, she was just bored..
and I was an 'outlet' where boredom could or could not have been relieved...

Uh ....sorry for teh spammage?
/me slowly backpedals, turns around.. then dashes to the nearest exit

Email Light-of-Aurora
Feralwulf
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-02-11 16:49   
Quote:
Any female members of DS wanna fill my clueless self in?

Judging by the absence of any posts by female members of DS , I suspect this to be one of the MANY "Top Secret" Weapons in the Female Arsenal, and they are reluctant (if not down right refusing) to expose this weapon and or its (no doubt) diabolical purpose.

so......

1st Your friend is staying in the "punishment" seat because it is the back of the room. The Coveted spot of morons and clowns. This I know because even today I choose this seat some 20 years after my High school days.

Knowing nothing of this "athletic, smart, really really attractive blond girl behind you " (Recent break up, Valentines day coming up and no date, mental problems etc.) and having never seen you(are you a pimple faced geek with a large Adams apple).....lets assume that you possess at least average or above good looks.

Quote:
Where's the reason?? The logic???

She is Female! Son they defy ALL Reason and Logic! These things do not exsist with them.
So lets not get off on the How and Why of it.

Quote:
she continues to be generally talkative..

Well I certainly hope you continued to be generally talkative.

Quote:
Then she pokes my arm with it.. ???.. puzzled, I say with a smile, 'hey, that's hot', and she says yeh, they are.

This is good. you are BOTH flirting.

Quote:
And we're leaving class, she shows me her poem, something along the lines of triangles, and 'your the right triangle for me'...

As I said before
Quote:
Valentines day coming up and no date

Lets see:

Quote:
1 She patronizes me because I'm not exactly the most popular person..

Doubt it.

Quote:
2 She is always generally flirtatious, and was making 'experimental runs' on my personality.

IS she always generally flirtatious? This one (while possible) I doubt as well.

Quote:
3 It was a subtle personal 'attack' to show that I' m an idiot when it comes to people.

Highly doubt this one

Quote:
4 I was her friend's friend and she was willing to be mah frien'.

Very possible

Quote:
5 Oh, baby. She wants me. I should celebrate... with soy cheesecake..

This could also be possible.

Advice: TRY to keep your foot away from your mouth. Make discret inquiries as to current Boy friend status. And consider taking a hit to the wallet come Valentines day. NO MASS Roses/Candy/Balloon/Teddy Bear assault mind you! YOU ARE NOT DATING THIS GIRL......yet.

Do some Recon on it, try to get a feel for your chances(if any) and maybe slide a card in her books while she's not looking. if you chances look good, go for the Candy OR Roses on Valentines (not both) and SOMWHERE along the line for gods sake! ASK THE GIRL OUT!

OMG! Whats the worse that can happen? Rejection? Would that be the 1st time? certainly won't be the last I can tell ya that!

Afraid of looking like a fool? ......again....Would that be the 1st time? certainly won't be the last I can tell ya that!

If I had a dollar for everytime I got rejected, it wouldn't come NEAR to paying from all the dates I've got from NOT being Rejected.

Bottom line Females are the most confounding creatures on the planet........but they are usually easy to Deal with just so long as you GET RID OF THIS IRRATIONAL FEAR of Rejection!

You have my permisson to name your 1st born after me.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-02-11 17:22   
Welcome to DateSpace!

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash *Jack* on 2006-02-11 17:22 ]

Jaydawg
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2006-02-12 13:39   
Overanalyzing the situation could be a bad thing. You probably won't ever analyze girls enough to understand them anyways!

[ This Message was edited by: Jaydawg13 {meow} on 2006-02-12 15:24 ]

Email Jaydawg   Goto the website of Jaydawg
Tiffy Rando
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-02-12 18:05   
Lol man just be casual, talk to her. Share a few made up secrets, learn her name (beleive it or not this is crucial).

Then two options,

after some good quality bonding time invite her along to something as sort of a subtle date. (Gotta be neutral ground man friend of a friend's party, w/e.)

ORRRRRR

lead in by asking if she has anyone for valentines, but ask casually don't let your hopes and dreams come leaking out your eyes. If she says no say "Aww c'mon for real? But your like hot and stuff! Well I'll steal you before someone else does."

This is pretty casual/joking so if she laughs take it a step further go "Naw I mean it let's hang out no reason to be alone on Valentines."

Then work out something mutually compatible.

If she says yes, say "Aww c'mon for real? Can I steal you pleaaaseee???" This expresses interest, and if she laughs say "Seriously, I'm jealous."

ORRRRRR

Give her MY number, damnit.

Now quit wasting time! Go! You have flirting to do so the rest of us geeks can live vicariously through you.

-Smokey-
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-02-12 20:38   
id say #1

have hope

Tarnekep
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-02-12 21:15   
you know what light of aurora i will just say this........don't jump to conclusion at this time......it was only a one time thing......just get to know her........talk to her more.....be a friend to her.....and do that instead don't jump to fast she could only want you as a friend not a boyfriend she might have one you don't know right.......just be her friend. It sounds like she does like you but it is better not to jump to fast......you might get hurt in the long run.......just take it slow ok.....that is my suggestion.

Lux (Polaris)
Fleet Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2006-02-12 21:25   
You use rubber rulers in your class? And warm them over a heater?

Well, anyways, I'm just going to buy some candy and give a card to the person I like, so.....well, my only problem would be finding the right kind of chocolate bar, and a card. Anyways.

I've been in these situations before, with slight differences (it was outside, on a field, watching some 7th graders fire rockets) and all I did was remain friendly and conversationable. And that was all, eh? It was fun.

Loyal Admiral of the Interstellar Cultural Confederation Navy.
Senior Commander of the Raven Warriors, the ICC elite.
Captain of the Assault Dreadnaught \"Gungnir\"

Email Lux (Polaris)
Light-of-Aurora
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-02-12 22:24   
.. I must have been reeaal bored when I made this topic.. :p

I guess they're rubber because of all that us crazy kids can do with traditional metal and plastic designs. They've taken away our ability to stab each other with rulers I guess.. but then we'd use pens for that >:)
They're not supposed to be on the heater... 0.o
btw, I love you all <3... not really for your help.. I just love you all ... I'm not gay though.. uhh....yeh...

Where are those XX chrome's players when you need them :p

Email Light-of-Aurora
Diabo|ik
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-02-12 23:15   
What Ent and Tarne said, and don't you dare turn into a wuss, in other words, don't stop the teasing, play hard to get, and be VERY attentive to her signals, cause you didn't upto now from what you wrote here... Girls constantly send out signals about how they feel and what they want, they're generally more expressive than men using body language, hence more truthfull. Stop gazing at her marvelous curves and start paying attention to what she says, with her mouth and the rest of her body... If she is turning towards you, mirroring you, being flirty with her body and laughing a lot ( and laughing for good reasons, if she laughs alot at a lame joke, she's either being manipulative and not attracted, or she's very attracted and not very experienced at dating ) then you can call the shots... step by step.

[ This Message was edited by: Diabo|ik on 2006-02-12 23:18 ]

thundercat984
Cadet

Posted: 2006-02-13 00:38   
if your friend's with her friend then your all set. just ask your friend, discretly mind, about the blonde. You know, just some general questions and if she's into you, your friend will tell you as soon as you mention her.

Email thundercat984
AdmBito
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2006-02-13 13:03   
Quote:

On 2006-02-12 23:15, Diabo|ik wrote:
... she's very attracted and not very experienced at dating...

Its high school...Ah, high school. Hormones flowing, teachers droning, kids with new cars getting into wrecks into the parking lot...Good times, but I'd never do it again.

Be touchy feely, but not molestor-touchy feely...And might I suggest plying her with a drink or two? It seems to loosen inhibitions (and I don't mean get her sloppy drunk; that would be my advice for you). And be casual. Over-anxious guys are annoying not only to girls, but to the guys sitting around listening to them make asses of themselves. And bad jokes never win.

Good luck, and report back with your taming of the shrew.

Puppies gotta die, too.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.025401 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR