Combat Kills

Combat kills in last 24 hours:
No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Delete my profile...
 Author Delete my profile...
Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2006-01-07 21:34   
I've asked once before and I'm asking again. Delete my profile so I can forget about this game for good. I've spent almost 2 years playing this game off and on and it sadly has became worse in playability and stability. I went into the MV today just to see how things were going and the lag was so bad that I crashed into a planet even though my screen said the damn planet was 200 gu's away. And then I was having fun (a thing I did'nt think I could feel for DS anymore) capping unbuilt uggie planets with a tranny and a scout. But, that was shortlived as I was gonna stay and fight grim in his bomber cruiser with my tranny.
Everything was going ok until a battle cruiser showed up, so naturally I turned and started to plot a jump. I then typed a message and hit enter... and then pressed j to jump. No message and no jump... what the.... ohh crap.. LAG!!!! about 10 seconds later I finally saw my message appear on screen and in those 10 seconds of lag I had been killed by the battle cruiser. IMO the server has became more and more unstable with each patch making it increasingly difficult to play the game and have fun while doing it.
I'm not gonna ask for compensation for any of these deaths due to lag.... I'm just gonna ask that my account be deleted so that I can have a sense of closure and be done with this game.

-Supertrooper OUT

Email Supertrooper
Grimith
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2006-01-07 23:20   
I can't blame Supertrooper for feeling the way he feels - in fact, I'm sure much of the current DarkSpace player base (the ones that actually go into the MetaVerse and play instead of grow leaves out in the lobby) feels, at least to a certain extent, the frustration that Supertrooper went through in his hour or so or playing.

And... well... he was only near a planet... in a light transport... with me, in a bomber cruiser ("IN A BOMBING SHIP!? ZOMG, GRIM!" "Shuddap back there! I didn't ask for your opinion!" "BUT YOU WERE IN A SHIP THAT... HAD... BOMBS!" "Yes. I didn't know that Supertrooper would be lifting the infantry off the planets he captured, so I brought it along! NOW BE QUIET!!!" "...ZOMGZOMGZOMG!" "That is it! COME HERE!" "Aaaaaahhhh!")... and BlingBam, who jumped nearby in a battle cruiser. And, heck, there are far worse situations. Sit in a cluster with a nebula next door and this huge sun while there are enemy ships charging the cluster with bombs and fighters and the planetary defences are reacting while your allies are jumping out to fight and you're launching fighters and missles yourself and... QUELLE COINCIDENCE!!! THE MV HAS CRASHED!!!

*takes a deep breath and sighs*

Fortunately, my... eleven months or so away from DarkSpace gave me the break I needed to have faith and hope in this game... that, despite its faults, it's still improving, and that there are dedicated people hiding behind those curtains that will make the game better.

Otherwise, I wouldn't have spent my money to subscribe to this game.

I just hope that improvements to the current MetaVerse do not take as long as the 1.481 patch to 1.480 did. Otherwise, there may be even more people like SuperTrooper (and I say even more because I know people like him have already came and left).

*gives a wry chuckle* If the game's improved in "Two Weeks"™, there may be no one left to play it but Ragglock.

Goto the website of Grimith
Light-of-Aurora
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-01-07 23:46   
If no one deletes your account, you can always give out your password to someone, force them to change the e-mail / password, and be unable to log on as that account. However, hopefully 1.484 will come,fixing most of the problems ailing 1.483. Either 1.484, or 1.480

Email Light-of-Aurora
_x$witchBladex_ [1.480 Fanboy]
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-01-08 00:08   
I feel for ya SuperTrooper. I often times take 6 months of AWOL just to stop my frustration, but after awhile you may learn to get used to it. Hell, I quit DS for over 10 months when .482 came out cuz I couldn't stand what was going on. I logged back on a few months later, and just played for a week to get used to it, and bam, I loved DS all over again.

All I am saying is that don't let one night as a midshipman irritate you bro. Hell, to be honest I hated .483, but I'm getting used to it, just like I did with .482.

~Switch

* [=TB=]Enterprise @39933 sent to Clan: "Thats a lie Switch, you'd never let anyone else drink rum if it were right there. You'd slip teh roofies in and start drinking it yourself and not even realize it."

Demorian
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-01-08 00:16   
Edit Profile > Reset Rank
GameCQ Menu > Change Password: [Insert random string of characters here and use copy+paste]

Voila. Good as deleted.

-Dem

Ants
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2006-01-08 02:13   
just give it to me... i need another account to play with...

Distel {Combat BUMpkin} Stolz
Cadet
ExtraTerrestrial Space Bums

Posted: 2006-01-08 03:58   
I am curious about the "deletion" of accounts, because I too have been so frustrated as to insist that my account be deleted.

I have asked Admins to delete my account before and have been told,"We don't delete accounts."

Why is this? Its easy enough to reset/remove various player statisitics from the profile...why not the whole account? I have often wondered if it is an attempt by staff to keep the number of enrolled (not necessarily subscribed) players artificially elevated.

Whenever I recieve an email from palestar/darkspace, there is always this message and link at the bottum of the page:

Click on the following URL if you wish to be removed from our database:

www. darkspace.net/? module=remove_email.php&remove_email={your email addy here}

While I realize that this just removes the player's active email address from the data base, it does beg the question about why accounts cannot also be deleted from the "database." Many moons ago, I used to design database programs. Flexibility is a must in any truly useful dbase, so WHY is it so difficult to delete accounts? If staff do not wish to, why don't you incorporate the function in the "edit profile" screen so that players have that option themselves? Or is it that Palestar wants to keep an intact running record of all past and present subscribers as well as those who merely "tried" the game? It would be easy enough to have a dbase entry listing all darkspace players (not a public entry). There are plenty of online games out there that DO delete accounts when they have been inactive for a certain period of time; it would be nice to actually know the reasons why Palestar doesn't do this as well.

In any case, I can fully sympathize with Supertrooper's frustration and the genuine need for real "closure" with respect to making the choice to stop playing a game. Especially when deciding to stop playing one that can be so addicting as Darkspace [when there aren't so many game play issues unresolved, that is ].

[small][ This Message was edited by: Distel {The BUMs Rush} Stolz on 2006-01-08 04:00 ][/small]

[ This Message was edited by: Distel {The BUMs Rush} Stolz on 2006-01-08 04:01 ]

.spaivxx.
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-01-08 04:20   
I too quit for the same reasons. I thought I would never get over this game, I was *really* hooked. My daughter was shocked to learn I did not even have it installed on any of the machines in my home. Unless a drastic improvement is implimented, I too am gone for good. It is sad too because I know of no similiar game.

Nimitz
Fleet Admiral
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2006-01-08 06:58   
Quote:

On 2006-01-08 03:58, Distel {The BUMs Rush} Stolz wrote:
Why is this? Its easy enough to reset/remove various player statisitics from the profile...why not the whole account? I have often wondered if it is an attempt by staff to keep the number of enrolled (not necessarily subscribed) players artificially elevated.

All the emails from Palestar concerning my account has always informed me that my account *will* be deleted in the event of it being inactive for a year. So all YOU have to is forget about DS for a year and it'll be gone.
\"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.\" -- Rich Cook

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-01-08 08:15   
For legal reasons, and security also, accounts are rarely ever deleted.

Page created in 0.017833 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR