No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 Now

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Well well.. I must pay my respects! (Warning, ramble-age)
 Author Well well.. I must pay my respects! (Warning, ramble-age)
.MeLLyMoo.
Cadet

Posted: 2005-12-31 04:13   
So Tonight I almost had my ass handed to me by a bunch of Uggies. Padma and I were in BD attempting to protect our newly capped system. Something came up and Padma had to temporarily log. So it was just I, taking on the Uggies, because I don't know what the other two were doing.

Lag had collided me into a friendly planet, so I had to re-mod my ship again. In the meantime there was a bit of action going on, DivineWind, Rojo, and another player were capping back. After a long 500 second jump, I decided I would reload and orbit one of our friendlies in BD. Suddenly I get jumped by 5 more Uggies!

First thought, "ahh..... crap... *sigh*... maybe I could take out one of them... just maybe..." I scan for the closest enemy... Starfist! In a dictor! Second thought, "AHHH *BLEEP*.... run away!" So I atempt to run away.

I Had Starfist, Tarn, Bling, Vernon, Rojo and perhaps DivineWinds were all on my butt. There could have been more, but I couldn't count passed 5 because I was too concerned with not dying. I yelled out to them stating that I was leaving and that I was solo. To my amazement, they all stopped firing and let me go. Apparently all the other free flying Uggies were wondering what was up, and why they let me go.

Of course Oh Mighty DarkSoldier had to jump me and try to steal a kill. He didnt seem to get the hint when all 6 other Uggies stopped firing. But whatever, I still managed to keep my ship, and my prestige.

So over all, I'd like to thank them for letting me keep my pres where it is, and not let me get frustrated over the fact that I cant seem to gain anything even though I haven't gained much to begin with. I was obviously out numbered. They are respectable people, even though they are considered the enemy. I know that if someone had asked me to stop firing apon them, I would most likely stop (but if its one on one, its battle to the grave). The only time I had encountered such a sitiation was in Admiral against a fleet member.

I dunno. I just appreciate what they did. They are great players and could have has be in less than 2 minutes. It just proves that the people of the DS community are indeed good people, regardless of their fleet or prefered faction.

I'm sorry, but I just had to share! This post isn't intended to give anyone an ego boost, or to be on the "enemy's side. Nor am I going to say one faction is better than the other, although I prefere ICC. Im just really pleased with how people work together (over all, in all factions), how they communicate and how they respect all those who respect them in return. That is definately something that makes the game worth playing. The people are just great

I dont even know why I posted this. Boredom maybe? Excuse the ramble-age Just putting in a good word.

Screenie of proof:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y14/melly132/anthony/ds/00000015copy.jpg

Convo:
01:26:09 [*CEC*]Tarnekep *SL2*: "hello melly"
01:28:42 [FS]F4741 .MeLLyMoo.: "Hello darlin "
01:26:46 [*CEC*]Tarnekep *SL2*: "i guess you don't know how to do the /t to talk to me lol"
01:29:29 [FS]F4741 .MeLLyMoo.: "i do, my nav screen lagged on me so i couldnt see any ships or planets. just gates"
01:29:49 [FS]F4741 .MeLLyMoo.: ":( so I had to do the whole yelling thing "
01:27:25 [*CEC*]Tarnekep *SL2*: "oh that is not good"
01:30:23 [FS]F4741 .MeLLyMoo.: "yeah so thast also why it took so long to get out"
01:28:22 [-GTN-]Starfist: "you may of hit p while ion nav screen it takes the planets off the screen when you do, hit p again they come back"
01:30:53 [FS]F4741 .MeLLyMoo.: "I couldnt see passed all the uggies on my butt "
01:28:43 [*CEC*]Tarnekep *SL2*: "lmao"
01:31:19 [FS]F4741 .MeLLyMoo.: "really?? Didn't know that. Is there a hot key for the ships too?"
01:28:54 [*CEC*]Tarnekep *SL2*: "oh they love you "
01:31:28 [FS]F4741 .MeLLyMoo.: "lol hehe"
01:29:35 [-GTN-]Starfist: "ya at the bottom left there is a filter icon click that and then hit the one for ships"
01:30:06 [-GTN-]Starfist: "that should bring the ships back on your nav screen"
01:32:53 [FS]F4741 .MeLLyMoo.: "here i thought my computer just sucked Well it does, but thats besdes the point "
01:33:00 [FS]F4741 .MeLLyMoo.: "Thanks Star "
01:30:48 [-GTN-]Starfist: "yw"

They are nice, sometimes it might be when they want to be, but who isnt like that?

Im going to bed. night.

[ This Message was edited by: F4741 .MeLLyMoo. on 2005-12-31 04:24 ]

Ants
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-12-31 13:06   
Yes the DS community is a great one at most times and also remember you give a little you get a little

I myself will remember those names

Also i moved this from the FS fourms To the english topics for all to see how great ths community can be to the most part...

Fatal Ants

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-12-31 13:53   
Yeh, you see... Everyone gets this idea that UGTO are just this... Bunch of people who just... I dunno, complain and want everything their way...

In reality, we're a bunch of LAZY people, who just want to fight. That's all we like to do. The regular UGTO players don't like bombing, we don't like capping planets over, and over, and over. We don't like mining.... etc etc...

We just like fighting, and if there's respectable oposition, we try our best to make it last and to make it fun for everyone (what's the point in just steamrolling the oposition, when you can play it out, get more prestige, and everyone gets a bit of fun?).

Ask anyone, UGTO is LAZY.

This is just proof of that

Seriously though, if someone's respectable enough to give US a chance, or would do the same, we do it back.

- Jack

Leviatan
Cadet

Posted: 2005-12-31 14:05   
Quote:

On 2005-12-31 04:13, F4741 .MeLLyMoo. wrote:

Of course Oh Mighty DarkSoldier had to jump me and try to steal a kill. He didnt seem to get the hint when all 6 other Uggies stopped firing. But whatever, I still managed to keep my ship, and my prestige.

[ This Message was edited by: F4741 .MeLLyMoo. on 2005-12-31 04:24 ]

I didnt know they let you go.. I logged on, undocked at Sharp and jumped straight through the jumpgate to Epsilon Eridani.. And I saw you approaching the gate, and engaged..

So dont type anything like that I wouldnt have "got any hint" when I didnt even know what was going on when I just happened to log on conveniently, mm'kay?

Ants
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-12-31 16:26   
Quote:

On 2005-12-31 13:53, BackSlash *Jack* wrote:
Yeh, you see... Everyone gets this idea that UGTO are just this... Bunch of people who just... I dunno, complain and want everything their way...

In reality, we're a bunch of LAZY people, who just want to fight. That's all we like to do. The regular UGTO players don't like bombing, we don't like capping planets over, and over, and over. We don't like mining.... etc etc...

We just like fighting, and if there's respectable oposition, we try our best to make it last and to make it fun for everyone (what's the point in just steamrolling the oposition, when you can play it out, get more prestige, and everyone gets a bit of fun?).

Ask anyone, UGTO is LAZY.

This is just proof of that

Seriously though, if someone's respectable enough to give US a chance, or would do the same, we do it back.

- Jack

That is so true for most players jack... but also for the other players that log on al the time to play the game what jack said is true... alot of Old timers LOVE he fight... This accout cant be called an Old Timer but iv been here since 1.480 aswell "long story" and I my self love battle alot better then well what jack said "In reality, we're a bunch of LAZY people, who just want to fight. That's all we like to do. The regular UGTO players don't like bombing, we don't like capping planets over, and over, and over. We don't like mining.... etc etc..."

But im not lazy i go in the game and play the rest if there is no battle... this is a cry to all LAZY players please come fight

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2005-12-31 19:44   
yeah there are alot of nice players out there also alot of pricks, but all in all you lucky since if i would been in that group i wouldn't of let ya go, i know hell been on the other end of a dictor and fleet, nothing else other than die a quick death

[ This Message was edited by: Borg Drone 1 of 6 on 2005-12-31 19:51 ]

Email Borgie
.MeLLyMoo.
Cadet

Posted: 2005-12-31 20:16   
I sense some bitterness!

Page created in 0.011128 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR