Combat Kills

Combat kills in last 24 hours:
No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Hello
 Author Hello
Argent0e
Cadet

Posted: 2005-12-29 18:41   
Im looking for a new MMO other than the one im currently playing...Been looking at the pics, stories and just the reminising of everyone here in the forums, and i gotta say, i am intrigued by what i see.

However, im not to exactly certain on what this game may give me...Just gloat to me on how much this game kix ass or some of your favourite things while playing.

Also, that other game i have been enveloped by is "Planet Side".....will Dark Space fill this void in my gaming Heart?

Argent0e
Cadet

Posted: 2005-12-29 18:54   
Well i dont expect a friendly"Its a good game." message. Just fill a new guy in on what you like about the game, and maybe i will bring my entire 250 man outfit here from planetside....I am an outfit leader there with max'd out ranks, and hundreds of succesfull sortiees under my belt.

Just not sure if i wanna commit to something that nobody is gonna take the time talk about.

Novacat
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-12-29 19:06   
I will be honest in that I have little good to say about the game itself. Because of that, the only thing I can suggest to do is to download the client, log in to GCQL, and give it a try. I cant garuntee you will like what you see though.

Goto the website of Novacat
Argent0e
Cadet

Posted: 2005-12-29 19:06   
Well thats disconcerting

Argent0e
Cadet

Posted: 2005-12-29 19:14   
OK OK...I will give it a try when i have the time, however i gots just 1 more question.

Where do i find the free trial? lol

Novacat
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-12-29 19:29   
Just validate your email and it will be sent there I believe.

Goto the website of Novacat
kenetiks
Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-12-29 19:30   
What my good friend Red what so eloquently trying to say is that DarkSpace in his opinion used to be one of the best games of all times.

The problem over the last couple of years is that the game was solely designed and programmed by basicly, one guy. He had volunteers helping out here and there but still basicly one guy.

The problem is the lack of development of the game, or rather rapid over-development then pure lack of any responce other than occasional "hellos" from the developer. Even the staff have no clue whats going on.

What I refer to as "rapid over-development" is the fact that the game was developed along a line in a steady manner. However the last few versions have seen massive changes in the game structure and they are to say the least abrupt and abrasive. They were so many features and new gameplay dynamics injected in to the game that were either severely unbalanced or incomplete.

Enter "no development". Now the game has stalled. The developer does not correspond with the general player base and even the administrators and general staff are kept in the dark or simply not told anything. We do know he has moved recently and does work other jobs. Kudos for supporting his family and no one can say anything bad about that. But regardless, there is little or no contact from the developer unless something major happens and his immediate attention is required.

As it stands, there are major balance issues to the point where any smaller vessel can easily take out vessels of greatly larger size and exploits to the game system itself have appeared. The staff diligently try to hold back the exploits as best they can and hats off to them.

However it has gotten to the point where some staff simply are fed up to the point where they lock topics, or do not respond sometimes.

The support system consists of posting in the forum and anywhere from a few minutes to 2 days your support request might get answered.

The main persistance universe server regularly goes down from a few minutes to almost 2 days the other day before anyone with enough authority to restart it came around.

So right now it's touch and go. I have and always will have high hopes for this game and you cannot ask for a better player community. The players here are top notch and friendly.

But as it stands now, the bad outweighs the good but some of us vets stick around to see the day when it will shine again.

Edit: Typos

[ This Message was edited by: kenetiks on 2005-12-29 19:46 ]

Email kenetiks   Goto the website of kenetiks
Aneemal
Admiral

Posted: 2005-12-29 19:41   
im someone whos been here since the game started and when i first played it i loved it. so much after a long break ive come back to support it once agen.

The player base is the thing that keeps me comming back. but as youve already read, if they dont sort out the problems then this puppy is gonna sink!

Goto the website of Aneemal
Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2005-12-30 06:36   
i been playing this game now for almost four months, other than the bugs and minor inbalances i enjoy this game so try it out for your 2 week free time, but do what i did play for a few days on newbie to get the hang of the game and then try your 2 weeks out that way by the time your free play is up you will be hooked

Email Borgie
Page created in 0.014015 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR