No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +1.6 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Why have so many new people unsubbed?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author Why have so many new people unsubbed?
Musiqsoulman
Grand Admiral
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2005-12-27 10:03   
Well I mean, at a certain point, even older players with very hight pres level, will eventually lose it, if they play badly.

It's just a matter of time, isn't it?

Lux (Polaris)
Fleet Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2005-12-27 11:16   
It's spelled like "alpha", not alfa, dangit!!

Loyal Admiral of the Interstellar Cultural Confederation Navy.
Senior Commander of the Raven Warriors, the ICC elite.
Captain of the Assault Dreadnaught \"Gungnir\"

Email Lux (Polaris)
YIIMM
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-12-27 11:24   
Quote:

On 2005-12-27 11:16, Polaris {Kit} wrote:
It's spelled like "alpha", not alfa, dangit!!

So Lenny would've fed his rabbit alphalpha if only he hadn't been shot in the head.

Smartin
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-12-27 12:34   
Ragglock could not have put it any better. Amen.

DarkSpace Community Website

Email Smartin
HaVoX
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-12-28 09:04   
Well I read all the stuff people wrote in the forum very angry about the dramatic pres loss as well as the uneveness of the factions, and I dont mean they have this ship we have that weapon, I mean the overall streagth of faction equipment. I was reading through here trying to decide if DS in its current state was worth continuing as a game I was willing to pay for. I know I heard the wimping out statements of some players when someone quits DS, but thats BS, you pay your money for what you consider worth it I will pay for what I consider worth it.

I had all but decided to unsub till I read Rag's post, the just a few before Smartains reply. I'm staying for the people, DS has gotten bad before and recovered, I'm sure it will again. I quit 2 years ago due to a death in the family and lack of conection and have just recently came back. This with all the changes has left me a NOOBIE FA (soon to be admiral) but i will deal and eventualy get it back.

On a parting shot SEE YA IN THE MV!!

[ This Message was edited by: HaVoX on 2005-12-28 09:05 ]

Email HaVoX
Cataclysm
Cadet

Posted: 2005-12-28 10:13   
I'm a new player to DS. I decided in my infinite wisdom not to bother with the tutorial or the newbie server so I headed straight to the MV. Once there I didn't have a clue so I went k'luth (due to having the best name imo) and grabbed a talon (the description told me it was best). So I went in and flew around a bit in sirius wondering what I was meant to do, I soon spotted a massive ship so jumped to him, very friendly guy told me a few hints and gave me about 500k to use to upgrade my ship.

So for a few days I flew around smashing into random planets getting killed by people etc. This continued iuntil i tried our the transport, this combined with the manual allowed me to seek out undefended planets and take them for prestige. Although the manual says nothing more than to bomb them not how I soon picked that up too. So I've worked my way up to 1st rear admiral on K'luth and subscribed and invited to join the three amigos, done quite well for myself so far I think.

But through this time I have discovered several problems with this game that the elders here are all too aware of.

1. Newbies should get supply ships from midshipman so they can get easier prestige. I see there is a reasonable explaination as to why they do not get drone engineers (they would probably make a mess) but why not give them supply ships?

2. K'luth are totally underpowered imo. Although we have cloak and can cause a bit of havok you only need to look at the MV every morning to see what I mean. Every night we are totally overrun, not only do we have a lack of players but we have a lack of ships that can scratch paintwork. Sure our bombers are great but if faced with equal numbers there's not much we can do. For this reason I have seen many new and old players go on k'luth for 5 minutes and leave forever.

3. Dreads SUCK. Although I see how having a Brood or a command dread would be useful I don't see many other dreads that would help out. This is probably the reason why nobody flys them anymore except the K'luth. How often do you see the massive UGTO fleets filled with cruisers and destroyers with no dreads. What is the reason for this other than these ships are overpowered and Dreads are underpowered.

4. Sort out the balance of power and adapt it constatnly to account for shifts in the player base thats the only way to keep things even imo. The balance of power seemed to be with ICC until FS went on strike now UGTO control the MV. I haven't come on the MV to seeing k'luth with more than 30 planets in a while now, actually its quite rare to find any left . We seem to be the easy option atm when it comes to invasions, we'll build, you'll mirv - process repeats - That gets boring after a while. Sure my bomb count is high but what else is there to do when you have no planets

Yea pok im just ranting SOMEONE TURN ON THE MV

Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2005-12-28 11:43   
well i agree kluth are weak, but you gotta give them one thing, they are the only faction to my knowledge with a ship that aint EAD or comparable ship that can hurt you amazingly if they manage to make a full hit:P
so, siphons and mandys hurt:P
but then again, if i strike first, its toast

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-12-28 12:27   
Quote:

On 2005-12-28 10:13, Cataclysm Bum wrote:
I'm a new player to DS. I decided in my infinite wisdom not to bother with the tutorial or the newbie server so I headed straight to the MV. Once there I didn't have a clue so I went k'luth (due to having the best name imo) and grabbed a talon (the description told me it was best). So I went in and flew around a bit in sirius wondering what I was meant to do, I soon spotted a massive ship so jumped to him, very friendly guy told me a few hints and gave me about 500k to use to upgrade my ship.

So for a few days I flew around smashing into random planets getting killed by people etc. This continued iuntil i tried our the transport, this combined with the manual allowed me to seek out undefended planets and take them for prestige. Although the manual says nothing more than to bomb them not how I soon picked that up too. So I've worked my way up to 1st rear admiral on K'luth and subscribed and invited to join the three amigos, done quite well for myself so far I think.

But through this time I have discovered several problems with this game that the elders here are all too aware of.

1. Newbies should get supply ships from midshipman so they can get easier prestige. I see there is a reasonable explaination as to why they do not get drone engineers (they would probably make a mess) but why not give them supply ships?

That's just the point. Trying to slow down prestige gain.

Quote:

2. K'luth are totally underpowered imo. Although we have cloak and can cause a bit of havok you only need to look at the MV every morning to see what I mean. Every night we are totally overrun, not only do we have a lack of players but we have a lack of ships that can scratch paintwork. Sure our bombers are great but if faced with equal numbers there's not much we can do. For this reason I have seen many new and old players go on k'luth for 5 minutes and leave forever.

There are three problems with kluth.

A) Beacons
B) Cloak times
C) Disruptor (and beam) damage

Appart from that, you have the most damaging ships in the game. UGTO are in exactly the same boat as you, only thing being that our ships are slightly better, but by no means superior. ICC got hit by the anti-nerf bat this patch...

Quote:

3. Dreads SUCK. Although I see how having a Brood or a command dread would be useful I don't see many other dreads that would help out. This is probably the reason why nobody flys them anymore except the K'luth. How often do you see the massive UGTO fleets filled with cruisers and destroyers with no dreads. What is the reason for this other than these ships are overpowered and Dreads are underpowered.

QFT... Dreads MASSIVLY underpowered, cruisers are about the ONLY ship class (for UGTO) that are just about what they should be. Even ICC cruisers have a slight shield boost. Only one ship in the game that's been totaly 100% neautered, and that's the EAD. Appart from the QST (Which hardly hits anything, and if it does, it's a scout (WOOHOO, BATTLE IMPORTANT SHIP THERE!), the EAD is a total flip-flop. It's weapons do hardly any damage, yet take up massive amounts of energy... and at the same time, the EAD is meant to be a powerhouse, yet has the least energy of ALL dreads in-game.

Quote:

4. Sort out the balance of power and adapt it constatnly to account for shifts in the player base thats the only way to keep things even imo. The balance of power seemed to be with ICC until FS went on strike now UGTO control the MV. I haven't come on the MV to seeing k'luth with more than 30 planets in a while now, actually its quite rare to find any left . We seem to be the easy option atm when it comes to invasions, we'll build, you'll mirv - process repeats - That gets boring after a while. Sure my bomb count is high but what else is there to do when you have no planets

Yea pok im just ranting SOMEONE TURN ON THE MV

Tael spoke about that before. No playerbase based stat alteration will be done, ever. There's just no telling how many bugs could arise, and what ships might be fine balanced, but totaly overpowered/underpowered when those stat alterations come in... I think it was CharAznable who sugested this first (something like what Planetside have), but it got shot down faster than a German plan flying over England in WWI.

-Viper-
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-12-28 20:12   
K'luth is by far the hardest faction to play on, they have their strengths, but their weaknesses outweigh them by a long way (since the changes).

Before the patch a small team of K'luth could slaughter a larger group of ICC or UTGO. It wasn't because of better ships, it was because a lot of the vets played as K'luth and knew their tactics, the communication on K'luth side was excelent (I dunno how it is now, not played since a couple of weeks after the changes). It seems some saw this as a faction being overpowered and stuff got nerfed here and there

[ This Message was edited by: -Viper- on 2005-12-28 20:15 ]

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-12-28 20:20   
Quote:

On 2005-12-28 20:12, -Viper- wrote:
K'luth is by far the hardest faction to play on, they have their strengths, but their weaknesses outweigh them by a long way (since the changes).

Before the patch a small team of K'luth could slaughter a larger group of ICC or UTGO. It wasn't because of better ships, it was because a lot of the vets played as K'luth and knew their tactics, the communication on K'luth side was excelent (I dunno how it is now, not played since a couple of weeks after the changes). It seems some saw this as a faction being overpowered and stuff got nerfed here and there

Actualy it was due to the over-used and over-powered destroyers. Oh and the flux. Oh not to mention the double repair ganglia... Oh, oh, oh, and being able to equip CL2K's....

I think that's about it...

Dessies should be weak, just like any other smaller ship.

Flux should of been UGTO only, and CL2K's human tech only.

Not to mention the Ganglia should of been ZERO reloads, or one at most.

And if I hear one word about dessies not being over powered...

AGILITY OF A SCOUT, FIREPOWER OF A DREADNOUGHT...

IT'S LIKE 1.483 SCOUTS FFS

Atleast K'luth are getting a taste of what their dessies where like to us... Although, this is kinda overkill, and it goes against UGTO aswell (ICC scouts 4tl)...

But I do agree. K'luth have been nerfed, as have UGTO (although K'luth have been nerfed more). Only reason UGTO are hanging in their atm, is because of our armor (and the picket, but lets not go there), and that's buggy at times. ICC have been given a serious 'umph' this patch :/

Anything who testifies that last comment, can come play UGTO/K'luth for a few days/weeks and see how you like it

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash *Jack* on 2005-12-28 20:22 ]

Aneemal
Admiral

Posted: 2005-12-28 20:38   
Personally ive been playing loads trying to get my next rank and unfortunatly lag issues result in me loosing prestige... yesterday i got killed 3 times two cruisers and one dread. 1k xp or more i lost so it takes the fun out of it as i cant gain anything,

something needs to be done about pres loss. i do want to get a decent rank with one mirving MV to hell..

thats another thing it seems im going to have to leave CEC and start mirving if i ever want to see my next rank!

Goto the website of Aneemal
Sven
Cadet
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-12-29 00:45   
All I can say is that once masterful shine and gleam that eminated from DarkSpace has since dulled and worn away, while hopes of a brighter future are now but just a dream, a wish, just a thought at the back of my mind, with no justification of keeping its place back there. I loved this game, yes I did, but I only got so much from it over time, and people left.. more people left, and there was undeniably terrific lag that just ruined what was left. I thought it could be fixed with patches and such, and it looked like it would, but that didnt happen. I've been a First Rear Admiral at about 7500 Prestige I guess for more than 3/4 of the time I've been registered as a player here...

I have since moved on if you havent noticed, but I always hope that my wish comes true, and DarkSpace will be great again. This is where the tear rolls down my face, and I forget whats been said and done here and go play some MMO like WoW or PlanetSide like nobodies' business.

[ This Message was edited by: Sven Viking on 2005-12-29 00:47 ]

Sven Viking: Dynamiting himself to pieces since 5/30/2003!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.027614 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR