Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Adding more gameplay depth to the MV
 Author Adding more gameplay depth to the MV
_GuRu_
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2005-12-21 16:13   
I was thinking about some things regarding game play in the MV. I came up with some ideas that I thought would be interesting to consider. I would like to know what others think about them as well.

I see functionality for giving orders and a command structure of commanding fleets, but I see little use of it during game play. I would like to see those that are gradn admiral or fleet admirals or even admirals taking full advantage of this, and delegate tasks for the lower ranks. Upon completion prestige and stuff would be rewarded. This would also promote more strategic playing instead of .. finding a planet or ship and destroy it type of tactics i see so often. I think responsibilty should come with the high ranks. This structure and enforcing it during game play will be the focus of my other ideas.

The second topic I would like to discuss is an added feature regarding game related communcations. This is not related to in game chat. This function would operate like the "orders" function. It would mainly serve as an informational tool between ships. For example if UGTO is going to take a system, then a communication would be sent to all ships by a superior office. When ever a ship logs into the game he would recieve the communication and know where to go or to look at his orders or what not. This could also function as a way to send information to higher ranked officials regarding the results of completed orders (scouting, etc...) the communications would be stored server side until the client logs on and recieves them and then would be store client side. This would allow a player to keep up on what has happened while he was logged out of the MV. Captains logs/reports could be given at the end of game play or end of mission completion for superior officers to review.

The third topic would be regarding peace treaties and negotiations between rival groups. We come into MV sometimes and by word of mouth are told not to attack a rival group because we are at peace with them.. This is rare and it is always a very loose treaty. Noentheless it is a treaty. Players should try to follow it. However, a lot of the time no one hears about and bombs a planet or something. Then the treaty is off. I think there should be a place with in MV like a neutral territory with a saftey zone, where two rivals could negotiate with some sort of in game negotiations chat. All high ranked officials could participate in the chat to discuss the details like neutral zone or boundries and other stipulations. Then this could be broadcasted to all people via the communications function. Then when people came into MV they would know the details and can follow them.

This leads me to my last topic.. responsibility for actions. If actions are taken by a player which do not follow the regulations of group or a player completely disobeys orders like violating a peace treaty then punishment should take place. Could be loss in prestige or rank.. or exile from the group (for a periord of time) where u are still ICC, UGTO, or kluth, but your groups players and planets wouldn't reconize you as an friend, and could possibly fire on you.

I think these types of ideas and others like them would help develop the game play so much and more.

Drafell
Grand Admiral
Mythica

Posted: 2005-12-22 01:50   
Quote:

On 2005-12-21 16:13, _GuRu_ wrote:

The third topic would be regarding peace treaties and negotiations between rival groups. We come into MV sometimes and by word of mouth are told not to attack a rival group because we are at peace with them.. This is rare and it is always a very loose treaty. Noentheless it is a treaty. Players should try to follow it. However, a lot of the time no one hears about and bombs a planet or something. Then the treaty is off. I think there should be a place with in MV like a neutral territory with a saftey zone, where two rivals could negotiate with some sort of in game negotiations chat. All high ranked officials could participate in the chat to discuss the details like neutral zone or boundries and other stipulations. Then this could be broadcasted to all people via the communications function. Then when people came into MV they would know the details and can follow them.

This leads me to my last topic.. responsibility for actions. If actions are taken by a player which do not follow the regulations of group or a player completely disobeys orders like violating a peace treaty then punishment should take place. Could be loss in prestige or rank.. or exile from the group (for a periord of time) where u are still ICC, UGTO, or kluth, but your groups players and planets wouldn't reconize you as an friend, and could possibly fire on you.

This section is already address by the Fleet's themselves. How they internally administer thier affairs is up to them.
Fleets can inform all of thier memers via thier forums or by using the "/send clanoffline" chat command to store the message in the database for when they log in.
A diplomacy system is already planned, which would give fleets greater control over thier planets, and who they will/will not support.

A more advanced command structure is being developed via the Command and Influence system. you can already see that we have this stat in our profiles, but there is (as yat) no way to change it. command will concentrate more on the Combat logistics (missions) and Influence will be focused more on Diplomacy(nothing is entirely set in stone here and so may change).

Goto the website of Drafell
Crim
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-12-24 14:17   
Factional News and politics you bastages! Gimme sometin to do while lobby camping!!!

Veronw
Marshal

Posted: 2006-01-09 14:45   
actually its not a bad idea....however, there are veteran players who are extremely slow at gaining prestige, for example me, who have either just now attained a new rank or are close to attaining a new rank....also the nuetral zones would not work out very well, as you would have to draw out the boarders for clans and the like, it would favor a more free mv...

Page created in 0.011647 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR