No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +6.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » To MirV or not to MirV (a different view)
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author To MirV or not to MirV (a different view)
SunLight
Cadet

Posted: 2005-12-19 20:04   
From what i have read so far Mirving is considering more as "Tactical attack". Most ppl "Abuse" it to gain fast prestige bla bla bla (most of us saying the very same thing).

From what i have seen so far Neutron gives around 30ish prestige and i heard Mirvs giving around 80ish, so ppl go for the Jackpot (80ish).

A new view for mirving could help cut that extra 50ish pres and make em "Tactical attacks".

I ll use as example neutron is 30 and mirv is 80 pres.

When you Mirving a planet you get prestige for killing infs and millitary structures (baracks, defenses, sy etc), but you ll also get penalty for killing civilian structures (Colony, Dome, Labs, farms, mines etc, even killing civillians (workers).

Eg on prestige numbers ( i m not sure about those but i ll say some numbers, so dont shot me).
Killing 32 infs: pres 0.5 x inf, pres 0.7 x H. inf
Killing defences: Bulidings x (lv1 x 1 pres, lv2 x 3 pres and lv3 x 5 pres)
Killing SY: 10 pres
Killing genarators: no pres cause they support civilian buldings and military as well.
Killing factory/depot: pres +
Killing sensors/dictors: pres +
etc......

Penalties: (minus prestige)
Killing workers: 0.1 - 0.2 x workers
Killing labs: lab x (lv1 x 1, lv2 x2, lv 3 x3)
Killing mines: lab x (lv1 x 1, lv2 x2, lv 3 x3)
Killing Domes: domes x 1-2
Killing farms: farm x (lv1 x 1, lv2 x2, lv 3 x3)
etc

And it should come around 20-30 total prestige, so is lower than Neutron and used only as "Tactical Attack".

Please dont stop to numbers is just an example ( with my soon life at darkspace i dunno about prestige numbers.

I Wanna hear what you think of it
Also if is not the right place to be posted, please feel free to move/delete it.

Thank you.

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-12-19 20:09   
80? try 250 prestige for a planet with 32 Infantry 32 Structures and you get extra for population if the planet has over 100 Pop you get alot of prestige for it trust me i did this before so i'd know and plus if you upgrade you get a lot more

Email GothThug {C?}
Bash
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-12-19 20:11   
It is a fast prestige gain rate just to mirv a planet.But some player dont care about other's then them self's and will go on no matter what you say. But if you can go on without acting like them you should be a good Darkspace player's like few i know of.
01:38:43 Shigernafy: "never trust a brit with your website.."

This message brought to you by the Flying Coffin Foundation"

12:02:07 Doran: "and you never hear AI complaining about how dumb players are"

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-12-19 20:18   
real men use transports and dump load after load of infantry.

Lacrosseian
Fleet Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2005-12-19 20:37   
Yes, a negative of using Mirvs is that the planet has to be completely rebuilt in exchange for a bit more prestige. Unfortunately the people who Mirv for prestige do not bother to build the planets they demolish, some do not even bother to capp the planets they leveled.

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2005-12-19 21:49   
yep, but thats a good thing since i enjoy building.. lol

Email Borgie
Drafell
Grand Admiral
Mythica

Posted: 2005-12-20 05:13   
Quote:

On 2005-12-19 20:18, Doran wrote:

UNF! UNF!!

*edit*

This is a fun, if somewhat underused, tactic; simply because of the ease at which you can currently bomb.

In the 'olden' days this was one of the best forms of planet capping, with teams of highly organised tranny pilots rushing in under ECM cover to cap each planet. Alas, this died out when the 32 inf cap bug was introduced, yet it is now a viable option again.

So this is my plea - to newbies and n00bs alike; "Heed the call of the Tranny Cappers - for together we shall reign fear and terror upon the Metaverse. By the RoC and the Manual, upon the Flux and the Pulse Beam, the QST and the Ion Cannon, the Cloak and the Stellar Incinerator, so the Teflon Elves Of Mythica do solemnly swear."

[ This Message was edited by: Drafell on 2005-12-20 05:26 ]

Goto the website of Drafell
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-12-20 06:06   
When the next version comes, all those people with such high stats will just be newbies in stations and dreads.

Just more fodder for my cannon.

Light-of-Aurora
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-12-20 07:53   
Quote:

On 2005-12-20 05:13, Drafell wrote:
Quote:

On 2005-12-19 20:18, Doran wrote:

UNF! UNF!!

*edit*

This is a fun, if somewhat underused, tactic; simply because of the ease at which you can currently bomb.

In the 'olden' days this was one of the best forms of planet capping, with teams of highly organised tranny pilots rushing in under ECM cover to cap each planet. Alas, this died out when the 32 inf cap bug was introduced, yet it is now a viable option again.

[ This Message was edited by: Drafell on 2005-12-20 05:26 ]

I can never find enough transports to come with me :*(

Email Light-of-Aurora
_x$witchBladex_ [1.480 Fanboy]
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-12-20 11:44   

1.480 Mirving = took actual skill/gave a fraction of the prestige.

Hint hint.

~Switch

* [=TB=]Enterprise @39933 sent to Clan: "Thats a lie Switch, you'd never let anyone else drink rum if it were right there. You'd slip teh roofies in and start drinking it yourself and not even realize it."

SunLight
Cadet

Posted: 2005-12-20 20:26   
Nice posts, all of you BUT None said if is good or bad idea, so i guess you want to mirv (except the 2nd reply, he obviously dont like mirving).

The topic is different and you keep posting 1.480 -1.484 things.........

Grimith
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2005-12-20 20:44   
Considering how many take it to be a pleasure of sorts to decimate planets and reduce them to rubble, the idea of giving negative prestige for anything related to bombing is actually not a great idea. Take into consideration the concept of anger - from what I stand, in the "storyline" terms, the ICC and the UGTO are really not happy with each other. Really. As in, "You stupid rebels!" and "You oppressive Earth people!" Perhaps not all of the people under each faction feel such animosity, but it's there. So, when UGTO bomber cruisers turn Exathra into sludge with MIRVs, I could see a possible viewpoint. However, I do think bombing nearby planets into such a fashion should have effects on the other planets in the system - depending on how badly the planet was pulverized (you know... military targets as opposed to there being nothing left) should alter the morale to the point where other planets of the same faction as those who owned the nuked planet should be higher - they're bloody furious and they're out for revenge. On the other side, the planets of the faction who nuked the planets may have lower morale due to the thought: What will our retribution be if the tables turn? Clearly, these morale things couldn't quite be factored in so easily, because you'd have to determine how the people of planets would react to a nearby planet being turned into toast, and that requires too many variables for me to consider...

So... going beyond all of that...

I may despite bombing planets for the sake of bombing them - I do find it to be pointless to bomb and bomb and bomb ("Hey, Grim! Shut up! I pwn you in prestige!")... but I don't think that it should be negatively hurt in the manner you're suggesting. If people want to send the MetaVerse into the Stone Age, fine. I strongly oppose bombing all the live long day, but there's got to be some people who will do it.

Still, I wonder if everyone who enjoys bombing would be so eager to bomb if the prestige for bombing was reduced more...

Goto the website of Grimith
shine
Cadet

Posted: 2005-12-21 12:25   
Quote:

On 2005-12-20 20:44, Grimith wrote:
Still, I wonder if everyone who enjoys bombing would be so eager to bomb if the prestige for bombing was reduced more...

I will still be MIRV'in....don't care if I get 0 prestige....the MV it too boring without MIRV'in for Kluth imho. I haven't played in weeks cause you people complain wayyyyy tooo much about mirv'in....we even have people from other fractions playing as Kluth complaining to Kluth about MIRV'in!!! Get over it...for me without mirv's, it's just tooo boring!!!

/me stops his ranting and crawls back under his rock...lights out.

Nothing to see here...move along.

Email shine
Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2005-12-21 14:56   
shine seriously, how the hell, how can mirving POSSIBLY be fun to do, besides maybe if you like to have people seriously hating and DISGUISTING you?

shine
Cadet

Posted: 2005-12-21 15:54   
/me pokes his out from his rock to repond to the knock,.....

I enjoy nuking planets =)

Though it is better when it takes more that 1 ship to accomplish =P

/me hangs the do not disturb sign on his rock and goes back to sleep...wake me up when the patch comes=)

Nothing to see here...move along.

Email shine
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.029708 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR