Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Enhancement Request(s)
 Author Enhancement Request(s)
Uberhund
Admiral

Posted: 2005-12-11 21:10   
1) When you jump through a gate or wormhole, have the map follow you. It can be a pain to have to scroll out, find the other end of the gate path, click on it until it locks, then scroll back in so you can pick your next destination. If you are as unfortunate as to jump in to a small fleet of the enemy, the delay can be deadly.

2) Allow smaller ship to out-run larger ships. Assuming the engines are the same, two sub-light engines on a small ship should provide more speed than the same two engines on a larger ship.

Goto the website of Uberhund
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-12-11 21:17   
Quote:

On 2005-12-11 21:10, Uberhunde wrote:
1) When you jump through a gate or wormhole, have the map follow you. It can be a pain to have to scroll out, find the other end of the gate path, click on it until it locks, then scroll back in so you can pick your next destination. If you are as unfortunate as to jump in to a small fleet of the enemy, the delay can be deadly.

Unclick the gate in F2, and hit SPACEBAR.

Quote:

2) Allow smaller ship to out-run larger ships. Assuming the engines are the same, two sub-light engines on a small ship should provide more speed than the same two engines on a larger ship.

Ugh, this happens already. It's done on weight to power ratio. Two drives on a smaller ship give more power because it's lighter... Hence why bigger ships need more drives...

Novacat
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-12-11 21:17   
1: Good idea.

2: Crappy idea, Bigger ships suck big monkey testicles as is.

Goto the website of Novacat
Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-12-11 21:35   
Quote:

On 2005-12-11 21:10, Uberhunde wrote:
shift+z is insta-scroll out, shift+x is insta-scroll in

if you somehow cant out run a larger ship in a smaller one:
~take off the AFE or PFE engines and put IEs back on.
~accelerate.
~the other play is obviously useing a bugged ship. /report their butt for it

Uberhund
Admiral

Posted: 2005-12-12 07:26   
Thanks for the replies. I was not critisizing the program or programmers (I am one myself), just asking questions based on my experiences in the game.

I was unaware of the un-click/spacebar manuver.

Are there any up to date descriptions of ship equiptment that tells you the comparative strengths and weaknesses of each? I was using PFE drives when the dred ran me down, but everyone who responded to my previous queries on-line said PFE was the best engine to use.

One request I forgot to mention. Can the ship's speed and direction be reset to 0/away when you spawn it? It seems ship spawn in the direction and speed they were in when you logged-off. I've lost one and nearly lost a few others when I spawned that at a shipyard and the ship immediatly crashed into the planet.

Goto the website of Uberhund
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-12-12 08:10   
PFE gives the most energy and are slowest. AME gives the most acceleration, top speed but are weak. AFE has high HPs. IE is the all rounder.

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash on 2005-12-12 08:10 ]

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-12-12 09:59   
Quote:

On 2005-12-12 07:26, Uberhunde wrote:
One request I forgot to mention. Can the ship's speed and direction be reset to 0/away when you spawn it? It seems ship spawn in the direction and speed they were in when you logged-off. I've lost one and nearly lost a few others when I spawned that at a shipyard and the ship immediatly crashed into the planet.

short answer: it is.
long answer:
when you spawn a ship from a faction home gate, ships come out at 5gu/s, but they're generally out in fairly open space where you would be hard pressed to run into anything
when you pull out a ship from a shipyard on the otherhand, they come out at 0gu/s and immiedietly go into orbit of that planet.
that said, theres still a few planets (ross248 and 448 i thinks) that have the potential of killing you when you spawn if you're unlucky.

now, as for logging off, either be in orbit of a planet, or cruising towards deep space and you'll be fine when you log back in. do not have your ship in the middle of a jump when you log out or have it set to follow/shadow or to go orbit a planet, thats where you run into planets when spawning.

Drafell
Grand Admiral
Mythica

Posted: 2005-12-12 15:48   
Moved to Beta Developer Feedback (Suggestions)

Goto the website of Drafell
Page created in 0.024284 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR