No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +6.8 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Barnards Stars Lag Storm
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Barnards Stars Lag Storm
GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-12-04 21:15   
Okay, me and a bunch of FS and Kluth were in BS playing and a lag storm caught me and wouldnt let me go....and fatal silent threat saw me die by the Disrupter Assaults of a Scale and i died a horribly laggy death and i didnt even see it until i logged back in the chatroom and saw my 250 Prestige loss and 1 death im not asking for compensation im saying this....WHEN I SAY TO QUIT ATTACKING ME OR ANYONE ELSE BECAUSE OF THE LAG WE'RE IN I MEAN STOP DONT KEEP ATTACKING STOP!

what part of that do you not understand my god are yall retards or something? geeze

im done

Email GothThug {C?}
Smartin
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-12-04 22:55   
Retards...no.

I have never once been given a break from ICC so you're going to have to get over it. I can think of 3 times off the top of my head I died to bug or lag and ICC/UGTO slaughtered me.

16ICC vs 3Kluth...come on you want a break..lol

Secondly, the scale doesnt carry assualt disrupters, just normal disrupters.

DarkSpace Community Website

Email Smartin
Drow
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-12-04 22:58   
so it was a BS lag death? hahahaahaaa, I kill myself..

ya ya, you wish I would

Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2005-12-05 06:33   
you have no rights to be in BS, server punished you.
Second, 16 ships, imagine thats lagging? thats what you get:p

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-12-05 07:04   
Kill them all.

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2005-12-05 08:10   
lol yep besides fs needs to die... alot

Email Borgie
Feralwulf
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-12-05 10:41   
Quote:

On 2005-12-04 21:15, Fatal GothThug {C?} wrote:
WHEN I SAY TO QUIT ATTACKING ME OR ANYONE ELSE BECAUSE OF THE LAG WE'RE IN I MEAN STOP DONT KEEP ATTACKING STOP!

what part of that do you not understand ? geeze

im done

While it is (in my opinion) Unsportsmanlike conduct (which while not against RoC, it IS frowned on) no one is required to 'STOP DONT KEEP ATTACKING STOP! ' Simply on your declaration "TO QUIT ATTACKING ME OR ANYONE ELSE BECAUSE OF THE LAG WE'RE IN "

Then take into consideration that in situations such as you describe, MANY if not all players are also experiencing heavy lag, and most tend to Target and pound Space bar.

I once lagged while in orbit at a planet being attacked and my ship was stationary on screen for well over 2 minutes, then it moved and I had killed 2 players, it froze, 1 more minute , Planets bombed clean one more kill for me, my hull now 48% (was a 8 depot planet), Screen freeze, I got 1 last kill and then died myself. Literally less than 5 frames passed across my screen in just under 5 minutes, and I had one of the best times of my life!.

Had another (in a station) and lagged bad. Chat worked but Screen was frozen, I asked on chat "I'm I still alive" Responce: "No. You BEEN dead bout 2 minutes, but that was one hell of a fight you put up, and someone fell in your WH and died (I Open escape WHs to stars Muahahahaha)I was wondering why you didn't go in it"

.......WH? I never saw it open.....I did have fun though.

In short Goththug........EMBRACE the Lag! USE the Lag! Be ONE with the Lag! The Lag is your Friend (with a high FF stat)

After burn
Cadet

Posted: 2005-12-05 10:44   
Cant we all just be friends?

\"in your world you can take a pen and write on a peice of paper and destroy the lives of 100 thousand people or more and its okay, because you dont have to see it.\"

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-12-05 11:06   
Plus people can just say "I'm lagging, let me go", and in all honesty, that wouldn't be far from what you've known to of done in the past.

Leviatan
Cadet

Posted: 2005-12-05 11:31   
This is similar to VeronW complaining about me ingame with /yell that I'm killing him when he has bomber fighters on his carrier dreadnought(LMAO! Like there was something unfair about killing bombers..), and asked me to stop launching my assault fighters(I were in a Command Carrier myself.) because "I'm lagging him so badly he cant fight".. I'm definitely not stripping my main firepower off me in the middle of a fight..

I'm sorry GothThug.. But I have to disagree with you here.. You kill or get killed regardless of your latency.. I just try to avoid laggy situations myself..

James Bum007
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2005-12-05 11:53   
I was there last night on my other account, the lag was pretty bad for everyone. Since everyone was equally laggy I dont see why we should stop and converse on how is the family and such.

If you are red and cross my path, you are as good as dead unless you tell me something is not working on your ship in that case I might let you go (if I like you that is) otherwise is fair game.

"Nough Said"

Email James Bum007
GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-12-05 13:48   
omg, fair enough lol and borgie, you're my hitlist for saying we're retards so if i see you yer dead over and over and over again

Email GothThug {C?}
Veronw
Marshal

Posted: 2005-12-05 13:49   
ok for one, my carrier was long dead before the BS lag storm, which i was there for.....which btw it was mostly FS members who killed it, and enjoyed it terribly.....(btw FS ur the new prime enemy for myself and my fleet..hehehe) so to say i launched fighters there, was not correct, i was in a PD since we had 1 system left and were trying to hold ur forces off......

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-12-05 15:42   
ugh, vernon, okay, dont attack me cause im not involved in the Barnards attacks ugh its the kluth and dont beleive mad bum he attacked it first and we were tryin to drive him out bleh

Email GothThug {C?}
Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2005-12-05 18:39   
i beleive u called them retards actually, goth.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.019074 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR