No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +47.0 Minutes

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Prestige Gain Rates
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Prestige Gain Rates
Light-of-Aurora
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-11-29 16:09   
I looked at my profile, and noticed my bombing / combat ratio was around 5:1, however I was pretty sure I've spent more time fighting than bombing.

I thought we could do one or a combination of the following :

Give more combat points per hull damage
Give more combat points for damaging armor-shielding
Give less bombing points per structure-infantry destroyed(25%-33% of current rate)

This game, IMHO, centers on combat / strategy, and should tone down bombing and emphasize combat as the prefered way to gain prestige.

Not sure if this contributes at all, sincere apologies if this was a dumb topic to make..

Email Light-of-Aurora
GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-11-29 16:14   
I agree

Email GothThug {C?}
Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-11-29 16:21   
the only major changes to pres over the last few patches have been primarily in res lost, with some SD/kami tweaks on the side
you actually get 3x as much pres per point from combat than bombing. it just looks like much less because of (all the bomb whoring for one) the shield/armor hp to hull hp ratio

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-11-29 16:30   
You get no prestige for shield or armour.

You only get prestige for damaging hull, and hull points have been increase, along with the weapon damage, so you're actualy getting more prestige for damaging ships than you did before. It's just taking longer to get to hull, so in theory, if you're a good combat pilot (which you will become over time), you'll start doing more hull damage and getting more prestige. Aswell as getting new ships to do that damage with.

But perfect examples come from GothThug and such, were all they want is a quick way to get prestige. If anything, it should be harder, and combat is PERFECT how it is. No more easy prestige making, and dreads and cruisers are the main combat ships. So don't be surprised if you're not making oodles of combat points in your scout/frigate/destroyer. They are NOT main-stay battle class ships (we're not talking Navy here, were a destroyer is classed as a battle-class variant).

The real problem is bombing, and I hope some sort of prestige rollback of sort is still done so that those who have been whoring away will get their just deserts

spatula
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2005-11-29 18:41   
i agree i think that there should be some low amount of prestige gained per point of armor/shields damaged, maybe .25 points so if you completely took down someones armor/shields you would get 20 points for a scout and about 40 for all the other ships, this mainly said because most people (myself included) run from battles shortly after getting hull damage i usualy run when im around 80% in my dread but some people run sooner and to those who dont run my hats off to you, though if you are in a big ship your just stupid cus thats a lot of pres to loose. i also agree with the pres rollback, i think that anybody who has a profile from the recent patch too whenever the new game comes out should have a bombing prestige cap of 5k to 10k depending on other points as to not give a somewhat honest rank earner a major demotion.

Email spatula
Dom243
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-11-29 19:52   
ahhhhh let them keep there pres, i want to be able to demote them, i dont want pres takin away, i can do that myself >:)

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2005-11-29 19:53   
Quote:

On 2005-11-29 16:30, BackSlash *Jack* wrote:

The real problem is bombing, and I hope some sort of prestige rollback of sort is still done so that those who have been whoring away will get their just deserts

yes but a roll back in pres for something that is not breaking any rules will make alot of people quit even me.

Email Borgie
Rattle$nAkeGold
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-11-29 20:36   
Here is a prestige lose rate stat twist.-------> When re-engineering newly neuted systems you may tally negative prestige, negative construction, and positive time played.

Email Rattle$nAkeGold   Goto the website of Rattle$nAkeGold
Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2005-11-30 04:29   
Quote:

On 2005-11-29 19:53, borgie wrote:

yes but a roll back in pres for something that is not breaking any rules will make alot of people quit even me.

Thats the point, you say you arent breaking rules.
But a lot of others say you are a using the game in a way that wasnt ment to be, thus breaking rules.

Now i have warned Faustus way earlyer that bombing had to be fixed really soon or a press roll back or reset would have to happen.
But nothing happened, and know we are in problems about the subject.

(not going personal)

Daedalus Bum
Marshal

Posted: 2005-11-30 07:12   
Well if this unstable bombing gona keep coming i think Building pres should be put up a bit. That would put ppl to build more, and even when building atm ppl dont gain to much pres cause they have to scrap alot of building to make it "perfect".

Just my thoughts

-Daedalus

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-11-30 07:12   
Quote:

On 2005-11-29 19:53, borgie wrote:
Quote:

On 2005-11-29 16:30, BackSlash *Jack* wrote:

You shouldn't be admiral. It's your fault for abusing something in the game that's broken. You really, really, really shouldn't be admiral. It makes me, and other long term players, VERY, VERY angry. I worked hard for my prestige, now you come along and just laugh while you gain 20-30k prestige in a few months. When it took people almost a YEAR to gain that much back in the day.

And I must not forget that I absolutly HATE people who abuse bombing. I want a rollback so I can LAUGH at you while you whine about losing all your ranks. I really, really want Faustus to HURT you (prestige-wise).

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash *Jack* on 2005-11-30 07:13 ]

Creeping Shadow
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-11-30 14:52   
humm roll back roll from .. up and down and twist it all around ..

k i can't and dunt play ds anymore so i dunt know the situation but .. only nubbies think bombing is good way to gain prestiege ...

sure i've been a bombing whore .. i've been a combat whore and supply whore too .. and my most proudest will be a suside whore ...

we all are whore ... anywya i really have no right insaying anything but a roll back will be very unwise and very mean as i earn my GA for doing whatz needed and no one should take dat away from me .. those who think gaining pres only from bombing well ya're all losers .. go and earn somthing honestly for start ...

heheh m juz venting out my fustration coz after 6 hr of dl .. the copy i got is corrupted the ds copy .. so arghhhhhhhhh

ps : i'm a whore of all sorts ... yak yak yak yak

Creeping Shadow
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-11-30 15:08   
incase you think i dunt read the topic i'm replying .. well honestly after 1st 3 lines .. the rest juz blured off so yehh i dunt .. wahahahah

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2005-11-30 17:11   
I think we've had the rollback debate before backy (we being the DS community)

it's not happening.

shine
Cadet

Posted: 2005-12-01 14:45   
Yep...there was never a rollback in prestige except when we went from beta to release(I think). You cannot take away what one pay's for. If someone bombs all the time, so be it, it's not their fault it's easy to do...it wouldn't be so easy if you place a nim at every planet in the mv It is a part of the game and is not violation in my book(essecially when it's all Kluth can really do). Nice to see you Bumble...If kluth gets a decent fixing, you might see some more PB's come back to play....be nice to see Coombie and crowd around again.

Don't start complaining when shine strolls through your system in his MIRV love machine

Nothing to see here...move along.

Email shine
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.019912 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR